Next Thread
Print Thread
#243806 02/26/06 12:18 AM
Cherry Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, my first video here... Uh, yeah.

This is one of my long-time favorit songs. It's called The Actor and it's performed by MLTR (which is short for Michael Learns To Rock).

After seeing Barbarians at the Planet and House of Luthor, I immediately thought of this song and I just had to make a movie out of it. Though, it was hard to find clips to all the "I'm not an actor..." lines. :p

Dedicated to LabRat for being such a wonderful beta and over-all person. thumbsup
The Actor

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
#243807 02/28/06 03:59 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Not bad! Good editing, and good story line. I liked what you did with it. Not a big fan of the song, But you never know. It may grow on me. smile

Good Job!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#243808 02/28/06 04:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nice first video. I had never heard the song before, but I liked your take on it. Keep up the good work with more.

Thanks, Judy
#243809 03/04/06 03:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very nicely, done, Cherry! I hadn't heard the song before, but I like it and the Lex/Clark rivalry angle was a perfect match for the lyrics.

Laughed at Lois pulling up in her shiny new car over 'I don't even have my own car..." LOL!

You had some inspired matches here. I liked the use of dialogue over the instrumental section - instrumental sections are hard to do and that was a solution that I would probably never thought of, so kudos there for being inventive. And I liked the way you used the black and white images.

This truly was a little gem that brightened my day. Thanks for sharing, Cherry, and hope you do more of these!

Dedicated to LabRat
blush Thank you! That was such a sweet thought. And now...ahem...guess I'd better live up to the credit and go do that beta reading I promised you (and a few others <g>).... wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#243810 03/04/06 05:51 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was really good!! MTLR is always enjoyable, and the clips you chose were perfect for the song...especially those pertaining to not having his own car smile I imagine those were interesting to pick out. You chose some really novel clips as well.

And your picture quality was thumbsup

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#243811 03/21/06 11:41 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'll be honest, I almost passed this video up. But I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't. I LOVED the song. I loved the black and white you used. I loved how it fit clark. I loved this video. I loved it.

Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
#243812 03/04/07 02:38 AM
Columnist
Columnist
so nobody has comented on it since last year :p but I had to say that I love it!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard