Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#243594 12/30/05 07:49 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Does anyone know who made the sounds for the Kerth ceremony? I've looked around, but had enough trouble just tracking down a page about them at all (since they're still in the process of being moved to the new site). The pages I did find don't list any credits. So, does anyone (who's been around for a while and has a long memory) have a better name to attach to them than just "KComm"?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
I'm also really interested to know the answer to this question. I've often wondered where the S on Your Chest song was recorded from, and (I assume) the person who recorded the sounds would know. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

~Anna

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't remember who did the sounds, and I'm ashamed that I don't know the answer since I was a regular in the Kerth audience the first few years. blush

However I DO know that the "S on your chest" was from the original ABC promo ... I think it was from season 3?

Andrea has the video promo on her site if you've never seen it ... www.loisandclarkarchive.com ... there were at least 3 promos like that done by ABC in season 3 (I'm guessing it wasn't season 4 since ABC pretty much gave up on the show not long after the middle of season 4, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) ... "S on your chest," "Where do you go," and "Forever More." HTH Anna!! wink

I am also interested to know the answer to who is credited with the Kerth sounds? I'm sure as soon as I hear who it is I'll be kicking myself for forgetting! blush

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Paul! I don't know the answer to the question, but I'll ask my colleagues on the KCom and the ex-KCom.

Yvonne
Kerth Committee - Publicity and Nomination Counting Division laugh

PS - why do you want to know?

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Yvonne! smile If you don't come up with anything, that's okay, but it'd be nice to know.

As to why... I was hoping no one would ask me that. Partly, it's curiousity. What brought it up just now, though, was a project of mine. It inclues one of the sounds, and I wanted to be able to give proper credit.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'll probably answer this at the same time as somebody else and have to come back in to edit blush , but here's THE ANSWER. laugh

When we (the Kerth Committee) started tossing the idea around about including sounds in the ceremony (Pam, was that the 2nd or 3rd year?? I'm trying to remember for sure...) we went through our list of wavs that we had in our mIRC files. We chose ones that would work for the ceremony "Wow" and the clapping and such, and decided to pull those together as "Kerth sounds." So no, we didn't make them...just gathered them together from sounds we'd already been using on IRC.

There were probably a LOT of people we should credit for the sounds, as they were surely done by a lot of different people. I suspect people with the capability isolated favorite soundbites from the show and started sharing them online. Whenever somebody had something fun and new, I remember we all sharing it and downloading it from each other.

There ya go. That's the history of the "Kerth" sounds. smile They were, first and foremost, IRC sounds.

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the reply, Erin. smile That makes a lot of sense. So, I'm still not quite sure... actually, if you don't mind, I'll take this to email. No need to bother everyone on the boards...

(Didn't know what you were getting into, did ya? wink )

Paul

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks to both SuperGEM and Erin for that info! smile

~Anna

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard