#243579 12/28/05 02:58 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
this might be a moron idea, but.....

i was just sitting here reading a scene to myself. I had just recently posted a message in the "how do you write" topic. and this el-bizarro idea came to me.

has anyone thought about recording their fanfics as audio files? not the whole story, I think, because many of them would be too long. but individual scenes. I was just wondering if there would be any call for this. I don't know if any of the fans here are blind, and anyway, from what I know of the equipment available for the blind, their software can read through a site like this with relative ease. but it would be fun to record short bits here and there. I read through my stuff constantly, for fun, watching the movie again, etc. and I just ....um..... had this thought come into my head. but i'm weird. dizzy

#243580 12/28/05 04:45 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
That's a wonderful idea! I'd really like to see that done. I would try myself but everytime I try to attempt anything even remotely Lois and Clark my muse takes a vacation. That and I don't have access to a microphone. :p

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#243581 12/28/05 05:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
That's a very interesting idea. smile

All I've done having to do with recording, was use one of those mini tape recorders like they do in journalism to record some thoughts I had about a fanfic I was writing.

#243582 12/29/05 02:39 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by LoisLane9397:

All I've done having to do with recording, was use one of those mini tape recorders like they do in journalism to record some thoughts I had about a fanfic I was writing.
ooooo! now THAT'S a PRO. that's what *I* should do---so you carry it around with you and treat it like a notepad? that's perfect! I mean, for recording ideas as they come to you, fresh and perfect off of the brain press.

now that I think about it, my idea is more of a "peacock" idea, for those of us vain enough to think we can add something to our writing by reading a scene, rather than having the reader put it in their own head. I think i've got a mike around here, but i would have NO idea as to how to use it. I'll bet there's massive software involved.

#243583 12/29/05 02:41 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
...and then we'd start creating true silliness by sending tapes back and forth: "Ok, Paul, you're Clark, so you record this line, and then mail the file back to me, because I'm playing Lois, and then---hay! where'd that other guy go? He was supposed to be Luthor!" etc etc. rotflol

#243584 12/30/05 04:29 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
ooooo! now THAT'S a PRO. that's what *I* should do---so you carry it around with you and treat it like a notepad? that's perfect! I mean, for recording ideas as they come to you, fresh and perfect off of the brain press.
Well, I used to carry it around with me, but I don't anymore. Maybe I should start again. lol smile

#243585 12/30/05 10:47 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, now that takes me back. I had a brief period of flirtation with recording story notes, years back. My hubby bought me a little memoscriber especially for the purpose. Even have some of the tapes still, tossed into a drawer somewhere. Bet those would make fun listening to, all these years later. goofy

Unfortunately, it never worked out for me as most of my big story ideas hit me on the bus home from work and I could never work up the nerve to sit there talking to myself in public. laugh

LabRat (who wonders if it's an idea worth resurrecting now that she's retired and mostly having her ideas (such as they are these days) at home? Hmmmmmmmmmm....)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#243586 12/31/05 09:59 AM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
you mean you don't talk to yourself in public? so everyone thinks you're sane? dizzy boy....I wonder what that's like. laugh

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard