Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#243467 12/04/05 07:35 AM
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Don't have much to say, really, other than I hope you like it smile .

Only You

(music: Yazoo)

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#243468 12/05/05 05:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I had to find time to check this one out, since you used one of my favourite classics of my youth. laugh So the nostalgia factor was high to start with. Strangely, this had a faster beat and a more disco feel to it than I recalled. But that could just be my memory failing as it's been years since I last listened to this. Thanks for the reminder! I think I had as much fun singing along as I did watching the video. smile1 thumbsup clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#243469 12/05/05 09:11 AM
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Strangely, this had a faster beat and a more disco feel to it than I recalled. But that could just be my memory failing as it's been years since I last listened to this.
Just dropping in to reassure LabRat that her memory is not failing goofy . The song was originally written by Vince Clarke and performed by the band he was in at the time, Yazoo (or Yaz), along with Alison Moyet. However, the song was popularized by the Flying Pickets, an a cappella group. The Pickets did a slower version, and for some reason they substituted "sometimes when I think of her name" with "sometimes when I think of your name" (which is entirely beside the point, but I had to mention it).

Now, to confuse matters even further, I didn't use the original Yazoo recording from 1982, but the re-release from 1999.

Hope that clears things up. goofy

And thank you very much for the kind feedback, LabRat. I'm a big fan of the song myself smile .

Fanfic | MVs

#243470 12/05/05 10:20 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've never heard that song before but I love it!! This was great! A nice show of all the things Lois and Clark went through throughout the series! Good times and bad. Working through all their problems and always having each other in the end blush

Thanks for sharing!

~NICOLE smile

#243471 12/05/05 12:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just dropping in to reassure LabRat that her memory is not failing
Now, see, I'd somehow managed to miss all of that! Although, now that you mention it, I do have a vague memory of the Flying Pickets' version.

I really like this version you've used, though. The slightly faster tempo and the disco beat, plus that lovely little electronic counterbeat that runs through it, really liven it up. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#243472 12/05/05 05:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Never having heard this song before, I have to say that I now really like it!

Loved how you matched the window/hearing bit with scenes from the Kryptonian arc. Also the parts like "name" with when Lois pretended not to hear her name from Clark.

You used some of the overlooked scenes from my favourite episodes, so this is going to be a much-watched video, I think.

Great job!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#243473 12/05/05 11:11 PM
Columnist
Columnist
C_A, I've been continually impressed by the quality of the editing, song choice, and clip choice in each of your videos, and this one is no different. You've done a superb job of not only choosing the right song and clips, but editing them together in a clean and meaningful way. I can't wait to see your next one! smile

~Anna

#243474 12/07/05 01:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I loved your video choices and the song is great. I also never heard it. I thought it was going to be the 50's version of Only You. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#243475 12/09/05 04:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I seem to very vaguely remember this song. smile In any case, I loved the clips you chose, and it's a really nifty, quirky, offbeat pick for a music video. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#243476 12/11/05 04:26 AM
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback smile .

Fanfic | MVs

#243477 12/22/05 10:26 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CA

Another excellent video! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

#243478 07/19/06 07:43 AM
Kerth
Kerth
CA,

I'm late to the party but I found this on Anne's Place last night and downloaded it because I loved Yaz. I noticed the same thing about the song's arrangement that the others did (and I'm showing my age, huh?). I even dug out the cassette tape (more aging) to play it and make sure I wasn't losing my mind. <g> Anyway, I have to say I love this version best - the orchestration just sweeps you along.

And now a confession - I bet I've watched this at least ten or more times since last night. Partly it was because I was digging the song itself. Mostly it was because you so perfectly matched it to the LnC universe.

Some examples:

Looking from a window above - with that great shot for BGDF. <sigh>

Can you hear me - same thing <sniffle>

Came back only yesterday - scene from LofF was PERFECT!

Okay, actually, I could continue like this for the whole FREAKIN' SONG! So, since I'm meant to be working, I'll just hit a few of the others that actually made me gasp at how perfect they were:

Love the scenes from HIWTHI tied to All I needed was the love you gave

And all I ever knew - with that first intense come hither look that he gave her in the Pilot? <shivers> and then, on the second refrain, with Superman giving her almost the exact same look - genius! And I loved that you returned to scenes from the Pilot each time the line repeated. Wow.

I love how the video tracked through their entire relationship.

When it's only a game - with Lois pretending that Clark isn't there (one of my all time favorite moments on the show, too. It's just flat-out funny to me.)

This is going to take a long time - with her refusing his proposal - more genius!

Just the touch of your hand - poor AltClark

Behind a closed door - love that scene in The Phoenix

And then, to end it on that kiss from BGDF.

I bow before your genius. hail Love the song (even more than when I was 15) and love, love, love the video.

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#243479 07/20/06 04:44 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I went on a spree and downloaded about 50 videos last weekend to watch, and this one is the one I've watched most.

I agree with everything Sue said about the scenes being right on target. The first time I watched it and saw the beginning I felt like I was going to cry (I'm a softy and cried for almost an hour after BGDF aired).

Its videos like this that really inspire me to want to get out there, get S4 clips and start making videos myself.

the-planet.us

"Oh please! I'll go to jail; I'll strap myself into the electric chair! Just don't make me listen to this!" - Tempus
#243480 07/26/06 06:30 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Great job on the video. It was wonderful.

"If there is to be a brave new world, our generation will have the hardest time living in it."
#243481 10/06/06 09:15 PM
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Sorry to drag this up again, but I just wanted to thank you so much for the additional feedback, not just for this vid but also for the others (From Krypton With Love, Blaze of Glory). I kind of dropped off the face of the message boards for a while as RL took over. I'm still really busy and there are, I'm sorry to say, no new vids on the horizon right now. There are a few songs/musical pieces for which I have some ideas, but it will be a while before I actually have time to sit down and make a new video.

Thanks again to everyone. You made my week! smile

Fanfic | MVs

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard