S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
more! smile1

[Linked Image]

look hans, no ma. i mean look ma, no cheating. which accounts for the eyes...

[Linked Image]

cheated moderately, but really, this one and....well, lets just say that the girls win, here. hands down. take THAT, guys! goofy

#243226 12/12/05 04:16 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
more more more!

[Linked Image]

mr 9B himself.....boy, i got a tired arm on this one. cheated only very lightly, but...i've seen a couple of versions of this photo, and after I had finished this one, i found a version that had...to borrow a saying, more "daylight to the eyes". a version with more light to the area around his left eye (on the right side of the drawing). i coulda darkened one line. there's almost a slight worried expression that is unintentional...but i'm babbling.

[Linked Image]

THE QUEEN! this one ----look ma, no cheating! the girls win! wheee! seriously---no cheating on this one. this one gobsmacked me. like, jawdrop no really! um....reason for posting this one...um, she's catwoman, and um...that's batman...which is across the country from metro....yeah! that's it! that's my excuse! laugh

#243227 12/12/05 04:25 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
alrightey! now a real message.

sjh, yeah, at a buck a scan, a couple of months and i could buy me a scanner. i'm thinking about it. really. bugger....i forgot to look in office max when i was there having the scans done... oh yes! and thank you very very much to....casey? and tim? names right? the two who put their heads together and figgered this out for me at office max! jump i gotta make em a plate fulla cookies.

i wanna work big because i always end up unintentionally working big. there is no piece of paper big enough for me. those drawings are on a 9 by 12 pad. the one of VK i started one line down the side of the face to the jaw, looked at it, and said, "nope, gonna cheat this one". and cheat purely for SIZE. usually i cheat for placement (get the eyes where they should be, mouth, nose, etc) and sometimes a bit for shape, but minimally there. but that one i just drew a couple of lines to get the SIZE right. i start the drawing on one side of the face, and by the time I get to the other side of the face/jaw, i've inadvertently enlarged it by 30%. I normally cheat by using tracing paper and just drawing a couple of lines. I want to work big because then I can get more detail. smile or at least attempt more detail.

i got another stack of drawings to do now. off ta work! smile

#243228 12/12/05 07:09 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
You have a very interesting drawing method.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#243229 12/12/05 10:25 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ya know.... I got most of the way through the registration process for a photobucket account, and clicked out of it. I was mildly surprised when they wanted my street address, but when they asked for my home phone number and then my social security number....sorry. nope. I don't feel they need that info
Only just caught up with this thread. Anyone wanting access to a website but who doesn't want to put in all that registration detail could try this:

Bug Me Not

If you put the url of the website in here, it'll bypass the password/details and let you straight in.

Or so it says. laugh I've never actually used it myself, so I've no idea if it works. But it would be worth a try, I guess.

It does sound odd though that they'd ask for all those details, Sileas. Are you sure you were in the kosher site?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#243230 12/13/05 04:30 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by LabRat:
It does sound odd though that they'd ask for all those details, Sileas. Are you sure you were in the kosher site?

LabRat smile [/QB]
good question..... i seriously wonder about it myself. but after some haggling with an automated system through email, i was able to delete my account. thank heavens that option was there, or i would live the rest of my life in fear of identity theft.

#243231 12/13/05 07:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well Sileas you have talent. I see some good sketch stuff that is your own style. I hope you develop that further. Cheating can help you learn. If you mimic a master enough you become one. But you have a certain style in your stroke. If you practice some real 3D stuff like still lifes or if you can get someone to pose for you, you would learn a lot from having to see it in real space. Photo references are good practice too. I thought val Kilmer came out pretty great. Michele Fifer is good too. the nose needs a little more adjusting but overall you are doing great. Keep practicing. And look at what you are drawing upside down and in a mirror, it helps with your perspective. Good job! Post more soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#243232 12/19/05 02:57 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
hey chief pam?
I emailed that site you mentioned above, and got my email back at me a couple of days later. now, my email is notoriously, shockingly whimsical, so I'm betting it's the fault of my program. but could that email address be checked again? it's listed as.....

folcvidadmins@folcvideo.com

is this right? tanks.....

#243233 12/25/05 12:43 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Well, since we're doing drawings here...
It's not L&C, but what are your thoughts on it?

[Linked Image]

I don't have a scanner connected to my laptop, so I had to take a photo of it and post the photo, which explains why it is so faint a pic. (Well, that, and the fact that it's a pencil drawing.)

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#243234 12/25/05 01:03 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
somebody else posted a drawing! somebody else posted a drawing! thumbsup oh nooo....getting sucked away from computer.....drawwwnnnn towaarrrddsss futooonnnnnnnnnnnn.........

you have drawn something simply and well and simply well that I have not been able to master yet---logical wrinkles and stuff, in the couch. I actually put a book on drawing wrinkles on my amazon wish list! wrinkles scare me.

my drawings above were all done in pencil---but they ranged from 6H to 9B, or extremely light to something that can nearly be called a black crayon. the fact that it came in so light was because it isn't a scanner but a photo. and nice feet and nice proportion overall.

ps----behold, I am not smart, and I deleted a pic from my picpile account that *was* posted earlier in this thread. that's why there's just a lil red x there now. blush

i got myself a christmas present---a projector. smile I started a drawing last night of lois, a picture i think is really cute--I like her expression and I like her hair in it. Because the original was kinda fuzzy, it's forced me to not be so anal-retentive about the tiny details. not sure how well it turned out, but.... i'll post it in a while along with a lil batch of others i've been drawing. I did one of lois and clark that turned out FABULOUS. FINALLY, i have nailed Mister Cain. cheated like mad, to be sure, but it turned out well! laugh

#243235 06/20/06 04:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
nice drawing... my favorite hobby.. exactly what i do smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#243236 06/21/06 03:01 AM
CK Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hello! boy I do not get on these boards often enough, I just noticed this link!
anyway, I draw also, I am currently enrolled in a game art and design course at the art institute online, here is a link to my website if anyone is interested:
www.geocities.com/dckfour1967
dance

------------------------------------------
I'm not a geek. I'm a level 75 dragoon!

*CK*
#243237 06/21/06 03:07 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hey, I visited your site, CK! Those are lovely drawings!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

#243238 06/21/06 06:00 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wonderful pictures, Sileas, Anna and CK!

clap clap clap

Ann

#243239 06/23/06 03:54 PM
CK Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, thank you! notworthy

---------------------------------
I'm not a geek. I'm a level 75 dragoon!

*CK*
#243240 07/05/06 11:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice drawings y'all smile I wish I could do that [yes I know what you said about right brain and stuff.. Tried it all, took the lessons.. But it just won't work eek ] But hey, I live happy without it.. ^^ Maybe if I really try some day.. goofy
Now the Photoshop thingy (or rather Paint Shop Pro) that I *can* handle smile Not so stupid after all :p I especially like to colourize (making an black&white picture in colour) I already won platinum & gold with it not to long ago smile
http://www.dulek.com/yfke/Colorizechallenge.png
This one I entered in a challenge, kind of simple, but I like it ^^

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#243241 07/06/06 07:39 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh, Selinde, it's very nice!! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

#243242 07/08/06 07:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aber danke smile
(sorry, switching from Dutch to German to English is very confusing..)

#243243 07/18/06 10:59 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OK people I finally put myself to draw something.. Don't be to hard on me plz drool ) but he doesn't look like him at all! frown

#243244 08/09/06 04:04 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hi, I am new to this board, in fact this is my first message, but I wanted to share one of the L&C pictures I have drawn.

It's pretty basic pencil and paper. I've worked really hard to complete it though, and am immensely proud of it! Please let me know what you think.

my picture

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard