Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#243205 11/26/05 09:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, sounds like quite a project! And yeah, this would be a new format, but you know, the last time we invented a new format (fanfic trailers) we came up with a new site to host them smile www.FOLCvideo.com One of the sites that will be benefitting from our upcoming fundraiser, btw. I don't run that one, so I couldn't say for sure, but I imagine you could talk them into hosting your finished project. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#243206 11/26/05 11:50 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very interesting concept! I can't wait to see the finished product. smile

I've always admired artists because I can't draw a stick figure to save my life! dizzy lol

#243207 11/26/05 02:34 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LoisLane9397:
<strong> I've always admired artists because I can't draw a stick figure to save my life! smile1 really! honest! you can draw. just to prove me right, pick up her "Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain" and do the lessons! smile1 smile1

oh---ps---i'm so hyper right now! i just finished a frigging FABULOUS one of michelle pfeiffer. it turned out so well i think i'm gonna try to post that one on here too! ok, um....she played catwoman, see, and...um, that's batman....who is across the country from...Superman! yeah! so....it's on topic! yeah!..... laugh

#243208 11/26/05 07:59 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
LOL! Well, I have tried my hand at drawing, but the only way for me to do it is take the picture I want to copy and draw a grid across it. That way I can look at each section seperately. It takes a little extra work, but it's doable. I just wish sometimes I could sit down and just draw something from scratch, that's all. smile

#243209 11/28/05 02:55 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
i have cheated left and right as well. I've kinda done the same thing, more or less, as the grid----i'll take one part of the face, like Mr. Cain's incomprehensible mouth, and tried to draw it....well, actually, on him I haven't done that. yet. I most certainly will eventually, and probably sooner than later. why he is being so darned disagreeable, I don't know, but boy.... I did draw one of him yesterday, after a couple of attempts. one time, I even cheated by overlaying the photo with tracing paper, sketched the major features, and transferred it to my drawing pad as a start! He's STILL a creep! well, i switched photos to an easier one, and.... well, let's just say that we have reached a tentative agreement. He's agreed to become semi-drawable for special occasions, and I've agreed not to axe-murder him. But neither of us is making any long-term commitment, and I haven't sold either of the axes or the sledgehammer (for blunt trauma).

I'll try drawing stuff upside down, too---sometimes that helps, but i would only do that for a practice drawing. too chicken to try it for the real thing. blush but i definitely see on the horizon me getting a STACK of pics of him and just pounding through them, win or lose or hideousness, until I get him down. I'm about to try another one of teri hatcher tonight, this one without cheating, but, hey, it's a girl! i got high hopes. and val kilmer is proving to be surprisingly drawable, too, though with an occasional cheat. but he's got kind of a weird face, a few instantly recognizable points on his face, and not just the fat lips. Dean Cain.... it's almost like he's TOO perfect, TOO good looking. he needs some flaws.

i MUST shuddup now....

#243210 12/01/05 03:38 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
and it's just annoying me, back here posting....

stopped by at kinko's tonight and asked em what's the highest image they can scan in---8 by 11. frown bum. anything bigger, they ship to their store down in the cities (um....mupples/st. paul) and it's 24 bucks a pop. ouch.

so i got a decision to make. what size are these drawings gonna be..... i woulda loved to have used the 18by 24 pad, but i might be limited to the um.......what's the other one....14 by 17.

i really gotta shut up until i have a drawing to post. this is turning into a blog. cat

#243211 12/01/05 08:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well lets see them already!! wink Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#243212 12/03/05 01:10 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
i will send this prod, along with an underline by me, to my baby sister and her geek husband. i may have to become a pest on this, or they won't get around to it until february. i'm getting impatient too, and i've got another batch nearly ready to mail them. not the convention story drawings---just practice "trying to get better" drawings.

#243213 12/03/05 02:43 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ok art kids,here's a question....

i did some legwork research the other day, like I said in a previous post, and found out if I want anything bigger than 11 by 17, i gotta pay 24 bucks for each one. i've just done a bit of surfing on line and can't seem to find any other ideas. if I could even get a 14 by 17 image scanned, that'd be worth it. does anyone have any ideas on this? i really don't want to be constrained to a 9 by 12 drawing pad for this. help

#243214 12/03/05 08:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You could scan it in sections then join it together in Photoshop. Or pay money for a professional print. I work in a college with big printers. Are you in School? Maybe they have something. Or you could draw it smaller and blow it up to print bigger. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#243215 12/05/05 02:24 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
you work in a college? how big are the scanners there? could i use you as a Place of Last Resort?

I was looking through some junk snail mail today (it's monday, forgive me) and found two local places that have web addresses, and i'm going to go see what they got. I also live near a small town that's actually called Collegeville, and that pretty much describes the area--one state university and two private catholic colleges in the area. what you say about working in a college gives me the idea to call them up and see if they could help in this area. it ain't very pressing right now, but i'm at the stage where I'm going to crawl through the web tonight looking for pics of teri and dean that i'll be working from for this. all my val pics I think will come from either his site or the VKN website, so I don't have to look for his.

i finished another practice one of dean last night. Mr Cain and I have tentatively agreed to extend the no kill/drawable agreement another week, but once again, i'm not selling my axes. I brought a new sharpening stone just to hint to him that I mean business. wink

#243216 12/09/05 04:39 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
well, here's an attempt.....

no here's not an attempt. it came in WAY too huge. you'd be looking at one of her nostrils. i'll probably be deleting this one. i made an account on a place called "picpile", but I think the mistake was made when they scanned it in at high res. frown very sad. i'll go back and have em scanned in at low res.

hey you experienced people---you got a drawing that's 9 by 12. what resolution should they scan it in at? is there just two choices--high and low? either way ya slice it, i'm not going high again. MUCH too big---I had to fiddle to get it in under 2 meg, which is the limit for a single picture on the picpile site. they take only jpeg and jpg formats.......gif, png, and swf, whatever those last two are. I can't get it small enough. what sizes were the files you two posted, shadow and laurach? (right?)

#243217 12/11/05 11:39 AM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ok attempt number two....

[Linked Image]

we shall see....

ok it shows up, but this is beensie. this is all I am able to do, apparently.... how do you guys get such big pictures when they're only, like, 26,000 bytes? what info can you give me on how to do this? i'm taking it to a local store and having them scan it in (i can't, I don't have a scanner). it's office max. is office max national? do you guys know what i'm talking about? what resolution, what size, how many pixels, dpi, anything. any info you can give me. i see yours are jpegs and mine is a gif. i'll have them do it as a jpeg.

#243218 12/11/05 12:01 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Aww, that's nice!!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#243219 12/11/05 01:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey good job! It is about time you posted your work!!. For the internet you need 72 resolution and about a 3 or 4 inch picture saved as a jpg. For print you need 300 res at full size. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#243220 12/11/05 02:19 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, I agree! Really great job! laugh

#243221 12/11/05 02:46 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by Laurach:
Hey good job! It is about time you posted your work!!. For the internet you need 72 resolution and about a 3 or 4 inch picture saved as a jpg. For print you need 300 res at full size. Laura
are you saying.....my drawing pad can be no bigger than 3 or 4 inches? 72 resolution...i'll write that number down, anyway...

there's many more drawings where that one came from, about five or six more, but I haven't been able to post them. I don't consider that one to be a successful post of a drawing. i'm not going to be printing these---i've got the original drawing! i don't need to print it out. but that one was done on a 9 by 12 inch pad. i'm missing something, here. i'll try again tomorrow night. i'll bet they'll get sick of me there....maybe I should investigate buying my own scanner....naah....i wouldn't use it enough....

#243222 12/12/05 03:22 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Using a grid is not cheating, it's a method that has been tought in art schools from the beginning of art schools.
Scanners are not very expensive anymore, and after the new year all that kind of stuff will be on sale anyway, so invest. You can not only save time, energy and money you are likely to get the results you want if you do the work yourself rather than a clerk doing it for you. Scanners are priceless working tools. You can enlarge,reduce, crop etc and save your work to work on later.To enlarge a piece used to take a life time, but not any more.With the scanner, it's a snap.
I work small, usually 5x7, 8x10 or 11x14 so I dont have a problem with size.
I have to ask you,with free hand portraits, why would you want to work very large? Any way good job and good luck.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#243223 12/12/05 01:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Sileas!
are you saying.....my drawing pad can be no bigger than 3 or 4 inches? 72 resolution...i'll write that number down, anyway...
No I am saying when you scan it for the computer it should be sized down for the net. Nice job post more. f you have a probelm send it to me to post for you. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#243224 12/12/05 04:07 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ok.... *rubs hands together* here we go again, take two....

[Linked Image]

eeee! smile1

[Linked Image]

he wasn't very smiley in this one, in my defense. i got more in this series (the photos, not drawn yet) where he's lots smilier. i cheated like mad, like there was no tomorrow, on this one. i GOTTA get this guy down....

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard