Next Thread
Print Thread
#242952 10/04/05 02:38 PM
AnHa Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all,

for my class 'The Narrative', we have to do a fun (I hope) assignment. We have to take an existing book or movie and remediate it into an interactive story in Flash.

I couldn't resist and asked if TV series were OK. As you may have already guessed, I picked Lois & Clark's Pilot ep :boogie:

Now I have to come up with ideas to make it interactive. The 'game' will be played from the perspective of Clark Kent, so I need possible choices for him.

Things I already have:
- what if Clark neglected to put on his glasses while answering the door in only a towel?
- what if Clark wasn't wearing a towel at all and forgot this while answering the door? (Haha, just kidding!)
- what if Clark agrees on a date with Cat?
- what if Clark suggests to Lois that they check Dr. Baines' office (Was her office blown up too? Can't remember at the moment)
- what if Clark didn't like the name 'Superman'?
- what if he didn't choose to write the fluff piece about the theatre?

And of course, choosing another costume will be in it too laugh !

These are just some ideas. If you have other 'what ifs' I might use or possible answers to these questions, I'd like to know.

The interactive story will be made in Flash. I don't know how I'm going to do it. Use drawings (I can't draw at all lol), use screencaps, use sounds, maybe even video. Possibly a mix of these things. (Guess I'll have to read the requirements thoroughly).

When the assignment is finished, I'll put it on the internet and post the link. Hopefully, that will be an extra motivation for making something great laugh

Greets,

~ An ~
#242953 10/04/05 07:27 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hmmm, how about "What if more people had seen him stop that bus at the beginning?"

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#242954 10/04/05 08:56 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
what if Clark wasn't wearing a towel at all and forgot this while answering the door? (Haha, just kidding!)
Would've loved to see that! :p evil

How about...if Lois had found out about Lex's true nature while investigating the EPRAD story.

I was always annoyed that when Lex said the whole thing about loving the fact that the location of his Penthouse meant that everybody has to look up to see him that Lois didn't pick up the obvious air of arrogance and conceit that Lex was completely oozing out from his mouth.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#242955 10/04/05 09:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds cool! I'll look forward to seeing it!

Suggestions... I think you need to go through the A-plot, and think about different choices there. Key points are obviously the ball (Do you say something in public? Do you sneak into Luthor's office? What do you say when he finds you?), the first meeting with Baines (Keep it business? Try to charm her? Search around with your powers? Sneak back in later?), Lois's getting caught in the warehouse (Do you go yourself? Call the cops? Bust down the door? Try to sneak around? Put on a disguise?), the Messenger rescue (How do you approach the situation? What do you do? What do you say to Lois and Amy? Do you say anything to Mission Control? Do you forget to take Lois off the ship before you take off?), and the aftermath of the rescue (fly Lois back? To where? Or just take off?).

Be careful with the costume choices. If you allow that, you might find yourself programming in the same scenes with 5 different costumes. (Or can you just leave that as a variable with Flash?)

Anyway... good luck! smile

Oh, and if you haven't already, go rewatch the ep and take notes!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#242956 10/04/05 11:50 PM
AnHa Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks HatMan, those are some great suggestions. And yes, I was planning on rewatching the episode first. Before making the story interactive, we have to turn it into a comic of 35 frames. They said it didn't matter if you can't draw, but they're gonna be sorry they made me draw something love

My teachers said the player should have a clear which of who he's playing and why he has to make those choices. So only Clark/Superman choices frown

Greets,

~ An ~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard