Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Alright, one more part left after this! smile1 Thanks, all, for reading!

I hope you enjoy part 15!!

~NICOLE blush

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I like this story. That part was great. I particularly love the end of the post, when Perry said "life" when Alice asked him the reason of celebration. It's a very good, a very strong paragraph, and I like it to be just after Lois had a nausea beacause of her pregnancy. Yes, Life is definitely a good thing to celebrate.

Your story was definitely very good. You began with a very dark and depressive part, and now, it's joy again. I can't wait to read the last part, the happy ending.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

hyper Hope to read what's the Kent's reaction to both news. Please, please!! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Clark and Lois came up with an interesting story to cover his return, but I'm not totally comfortable with it for two reasons.

First, the "lie" which Clark has to tell gets more complicated, as he found out, when he has to cover for the month's absence. But I can live with that since Clark has been lying all the time to cover up his secret.

Second, and this isn't about Clark, but about Perry.

“I’m sure he is,” Perry said. “But you’re right. No matter how we spin it and what we write, there will be some reaction to him saving you and the looming possibility of others expecting the same thing to happen if they or their loved ones get shot. No… we’ll go with the other story,” he said, resolutely.
I find it hard to believe that an editor-in-chief as honest and honorable as Perry would knowingly print a lie even if it meant covering up for Superman. Perry's the one who's after "facts, hard facts" when he prints a story, and everything must be corroborated. In this case, he's printing fiction that even Clark doesn't corroborate.

I think there must be a way to print the story without making Superman's job more difficult than it already is, and without Perry acting in an unethical and uncharacteristic way.

Something to think about.

Otherwise, the story has kept my attention and interest.

gerry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I wonder if Perry "knows" (unofficially) that the story Clark told isn't the truth either; so that if he's going to be printing fiction either way it might as well be a more believable fiction?

Somebody needs to point out to Clark that under this story his "clark kent" identity should now have scars on his chest; he needs to not get caught shirtless by anyone other than Lois.

Overall this was very sweet & tender. Very nice.

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
I'm sorry I haven't commented on this story so far. Life's been pretty hectic lately :rolleyes: and I only now managed to finally catch up on this wonderful story. thumbsup wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice! That was wonderful and upbeat and a real feel good part. This is what I like to read more of. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
I agree that this was a real feel good part. The part with Perry and Alice was so touching.

Somebody needs to point out to Clark that under this story his "clark kent" identity should now have scars on his chest; he needs to not get caught shirtless by anyone other than Lois.
I was thinking about that too. For Superman, who is obviously not a doctor, to remove bullets...that has to leave some kind of mark. Just hope he realizes that!

I'm still curious as to how they will explain Lois' pregnancy. If Clark was somewhere in limbo for a month, it will be hard to explain that it's his. But of course, I'm not that knowledgable with having babies and everything so maybe a month won't be so hard to just fake it and say the baby was concieved very recently( wink )?? confused Oh well, I'm dying for the last part of this wonderful story! jump

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story! smile1

I'm still curious as to how they will explain Lois' pregnancy. If Clark was somewhere in limbo for a month, it will be hard to explain that it's his.
That is my doubt, too. confused Maybe they'll go to Smallville by the time of delivery to cover up? hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi, all!

Thank you for the response to this story! One more part left!! smile1

After that, lots of revising... reading through the comments lets me know a lot of what has worked and not worked (or not to the intended effect) and I love it because I can go back and make sure to have it read/translate the way I want to... or try better anyway!

I get so nervous when I read the threads, before posting a new part, because I know how I've written something that has yet to be posted, but I'll read the expectations from readers and realize that what they're expecting is NOT what I've gone for (like having Lois be relieved and not skin Clark alive and whatnot)... and again, before posting the last part (which will be up a little later today), I am hoping you like it. I've gone with my instincts, so that has to be a good thing anyway... here's hoping it is! laugh

I find it hard to believe that an editor-in-chief as honest and honorable as Perry would knowingly print a lie even if it meant covering up for Superman. Perry's the one who's after "facts, hard facts" when he prints a story, and everything must be corroborated. In this case, he's printing fiction that even Clark doesn't corroborate.

I think there must be a way to print the story without making Superman's job more difficult than it already is, and without Perry acting in an unethical and uncharacteristic way.
This is a great point, Gerry, and something I have thought about, too. I won't give anything away, except that this is addressed in the next part... I would love to hear from you to see if you still have the concerns after. It is something that, when I revise, I might work with a little, to accomplish something that can be easily embraced by readers, not going against the very fabric of certain main characters.

I wonder if Perry "knows" (unofficially) that the story Clark told isn't the truth either; so that if he's going to be printing fiction either way it might as well be a more believable fiction?
That is great! I hadn't written it with that in mind, Perry knowing Clark's secret... but Perry IS a smart man... and since he's already onto Lois & Clark's OTHER secret, he could very well sit there w/ his facts and put a nice picture together. And yeah, maybe he'd prefer to print something that is an easier explanation and a more plausible way for Clark to return.. wink

It's funny... I thought that when I watched the original episode... in the episode, Superman freezes his tissue too, but he doesn't address anything that would suggest he had fixed him up (w/ crazy glue or whatever wink ) and left him scarless. Also, Clark doesn't ever walk around w/out a shirt on at work (obviously), and aside from the season 1 finale, I don't recall that he ever showed much of his chest to Perry or Jimmy or anyone. I think the only people that ever see him that way in general are Lois and his folks. He's very private about how buff he is... which is a real bummer actually wink

I'm still curious as to how they will explain Lois' pregnancy. If Clark was somewhere in limbo for a month, it will be hard to explain that it's his.
... Kristen and everyone that shared this concern... well, stick w/ me blush

I'm glad everyone's enjoying that the story is now upbeat and no longer absolutely ridiculously depressing, lol. Get that out of the way in the beginning, I say!! laugh

Thank you EVERYONE for reading! And thank you for commenting!

~NICOLE

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard