Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's been brought to the attention of the fundraising committee that not all stories are trailer-able - despite the original plan to have trailers for all stories on the fundraising DVD. The alternative that's been suggested is making posters - see example below. If you're an artist and you're interested in helping out, contact a member of the committee (Sara Kraft - FoLC Productions division).

This is an example I made last night for Kaylle's Ordinary Lovers :

[Linked Image]

800x600 image here.

Julie smile ( not a member of the committee <G>)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's beautiful, Julie. And I think posters are a great idea! smile1 Which has *nothing* to do with the fact that my stories are usually too short for trailers... <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Beautiful, Julie! That's a great example of what can be done!! laugh

~Anna

Features Writer
Features Writer
So we're allowed to make our own posters? I'm not much of an online artist, but I've been experimenting with collages that turn out quite well. I have a story I'm working on that I'll be submitting...but at the same time if my artwork doesn't work out, I want to know if there's a backup person who'd be willing to create a poster and or trailer for me too. lol

I hope this all makes sense... goofy

Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The plan is for the authors to submit their stories, which will be assigned to artists and trailer makers to be matched with posters/trailers.

However, if an author is also an artist and feels they can make a poster fot themselves, they're welcome to do so. smile

If you're not happy with the result, just don't send it in and the committee will have a volunteer artist make your poster. Don't worry about that part.

Julie (who shamelessly speaking for the committee)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?

(The X-Files)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll say it again, Julie, I think this is just...wow! I really hope, beyond the fundraiser, that this might inspire a whole new genre of talent here in FoLC Productions. Story posters look to be as much fun as trailers!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Julie

WOW! smile1

Tricia cool

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, I already told you last night how awesome it was! But did I mention that you rock? wink

Anyway, just popping into say that Julie's got all the info correct. smile Thanks, Julie!

If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer, please email me at skfolc@gmail.com with "fundraiser" somewhere in the subject line. smile

Sara Kraft
Fundraising Committee - FoLC Productions Division laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Julie, when I casually mentioned on IRC that we'd had this fantastic suggestion from Paul that stories which are too short/too difficult to have trailers made for them could have posters and you immediately said you'd love to try, I was delighted. And I could have hugged you when, after I hinted that we could do with a sample to show people what we mean by a fanfic poster, you immediately created this! clap

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks so much for the info! If we do submit a poster with our story, is that due on November 30th as well?

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Only if you like, LL. Trailers and posters won't be done until months after the stories are submitted. But do let us know if you plan to make your own so that we don't end up with a duplicate. smile

Thanks for your interest!

Sara
Fundraising Committee - FoLC Productions Division goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, thanks everyone!! I'm so glad you liked this. I'm really so pleased with everyone's feedback. hyper

Like Wendy mentioned, the original idea was Paul's so I won't take credit for that.

Or for the tagline - that's part of the story's description on the Archive.

As for seeing more of them... I won't make any promises I might regret. <g>

Julie smile

(The X-Files)
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Julie, I love you laugh

I didn't see this until last night when Anna pointed it out to me. I'm so impressed, both with the idea and the execution! And I'm flattered that my story was the prototype! You've done a beautiful job capturing the tone of the story (which is hard, because it doesn't really have a plot wink ). And it looks like a real movie poster! I'm going to have to make it my wallpaper wink

Thank you thank you thank you!
Kaylle laugh

Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was starting to wonder when you'd see it, Kaylle. laugh

You're very welcome - the story was very deserving. smile smile smile And I'm really glad you approve!!

Julie smile smile

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh nice all! Nice poster too! Count me in. I am a computer graphics teacher and even my students have designed posters.Let me know if I can help. Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Love it, love it, love it!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (who wants to see more!!)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've seen the poster now and I like it very much!! Also the story "Ordinary Lovers" is simply great!!

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard