Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#242660 08/14/05 11:01 PM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I've loved this song for a long time and I always associated it with Lucas and Haley from One Tree Hill, but on the drive to Columbus last weekend I was listening to it and it occured to me that it was very fitting for Lois and Clark. Then the line "she'll always have you" made me think of Zara, and the vid formed itself from there.

Just a caution, this vid does not have a traditionally happy ending. It's my version of what Lois went through / would go through if Clark never did come back from New Krypton.

I\'ll Be Okay - Amanda Marshall

It’s time to let you go
It’s time to say goodbye
There’s no more excuses
No more tears to cry

There’s been so many changes
I was so confused
All along you were the one
All the time I never knew

I want you to be happy
You’re my best friend
But it’s so hard to let you go now
All that could have been

I’ll always have the memories
She’ll always have you
Fate has a way of changing
Just when you don’t want it to

Throw away the chains
Let love fly away
Till love comes again
I’ll be okay

Life passes so quickly
You gotta take the time
Or you’ll miss what really matters
You’ll miss all the signs

I’ve spent my life searching
For what was always there
Sometimes it will be too late
Sometimes it won’t be fair

Throw away the chains
Let love fly away
Till love comes again
I’ll be okay

I won’t give up I won’t give in
I can’t recreate what just might have been
I know that my heart will find love again
Now is the time to begin

Throw away the chains
Let love fly away
Till love comes again
I’ll be okay

I’ll be okay
I’ll be okay

You can’t hold on forever baby

I’ll be okay

~Anna

#242661 08/14/05 11:20 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
OH.

MY.

GOD.

Anna. *deep breath* Maybe it's because I was already a bit emotional beforehand, but I'm bawling like a baby right now. I'll have to come back later for more detailed feedback because I'm a wreck at the moment. whinging whinging

Two HUGE sob points - "Fate has a way of changing" and "throw away the chains".

OHMYGOD! This is SOOOOOO sad and I love it. Instant favorite. To heck with the top ten list, this is on my top *three* all time favorites, Anna!!! whinging

I'll be back when I've got a better hold of myself. whinging

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#242662 08/15/05 01:43 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Wow. Wonderful video. and I love the song.

That vid is so sad ! I really loved it. I use your video for my new screensaver.

#242663 08/15/05 04:28 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I absolutely love that song! And I loved the video too!

Good job thumbsup

Greets,

~ An ~
#242664 08/15/05 05:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh this is really sad and really beautiful. Great work. I love it.

#242665 08/15/05 06:12 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Anna, I really want to see this video but when I open/download it, I get an error saying the "requested zip file is corrupted." Help! frown I love your videos and from what I read here I'm really going to wanna see this one. Am I the only one having trouble?

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#242666 08/15/05 10:16 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome...simply awesome... whinging smile Well done! A-mazing!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#242667 08/15/05 11:08 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I LOVE this song! Heard it the first time in "My Best Friend's Wedding" (I have the CD and keep playing it smile )

Great music video! thumbsup

Loved that last scene with Lois by herself in bed.

Great job!

malu

#242668 08/15/05 11:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmmm must just be me who's having trouble. I've tried downloading this video 5 times now, and as I'm on dialup, it's taken just about all day to attempt to see this video. frown It always stops downloading about halfway through and when I try to open it I get that error message. I've never had this problem downloading videos before, in fact just downloaded one yesterday and it worked fine. frown

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#242669 08/15/05 03:21 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Okay, I'm back. This one's getting the full treatment feedback because it deserves it, and I can't help myself. blush

First off, I hadn't heard the song before, but I *love* it now. LOVE it. So I go looking for it on winMX... and I notice it's off the My Best Friend's Wedding Soundtrack. Hello, duh! I have that! :p

Anyway... <g> I know you didn't create the clips or direct the emotions behind them specifically for this video, but it sure as heck seems like you did. So bear with me when I go on about the clips, okay? laugh

It’s time to let you go

Oh, how sad!! And the fact that you started off with the clip that she's distanced from him really sets the mood for this one. You know she has to say goodbye, but she has to be okay with it. So the clip with that longing sad look, the distance between them doing nothing to diminish what they feel for each other... *sigh* I can tell right now I'm going to embarrass myself here. First line, first clip, and look at me already. goofy

It’s time to say goodbye

Brilliant to put the clip in there of Lois packing her Lois Kent nameplate away. She never really wanted Clark's last name over her own, but I have a feeling she might have chosen that over him leaving indefinitely. And it's not just her saying goodbye to Clark, it's her saying goodbye to everything. Their future, which will no longer be. whinging

There’s no more excuses

Excellent choice putting the sweater clip here. Because that's just what it represents - an excuse to prolong the goodbye.

No more tears to cry

Perfect. Don't need to say why.

There’s been so many changes

Perfect again!!! And I love that you switched to sepia for Lois's memories. So much more poignant that black and white.

I was so confused

So sad to see her remembering all the times she was confused, wasting time, but how could they have known? whinging What an image! And it cuts back and forth to the same scene. *sob*

You’re my best friend

*sniffle*

But it’s so hard to let you go now
All that could have been

Okay, if anything in this vid kills me... it's that clip right there. All that could have been... *SOB* whinging whinging

I’ll always have the memories

This is where Sara officially turns into a big baby. Such perfect, heartbreaking clips! *SOB* I'm a mess... look what you've done to me, Anna! whinging Just so perfect!

And here is the point where I just have to shake my head at myself because this is a video... and I've used up all my graemlins already. :rolleyes:

tbc...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

#242670 08/15/05 03:21 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Throw away the chains

Would it be redundant to say that this part gave me the chills and killed me and made me cry even harder? Because it did. goofy ).

Sometimes it will be too late
Sometimes it won’t be fair

The newspaper clip and the false Clark clip go really, really well here. Poignant and sad!!

Throw away the chains
Let love fly away

Did I mention that the chains make me cry? thumbsup

Sara (still sniffling)

#242671 08/15/05 06:27 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I told you this video rocked! It's probably one of my faves now. LOVE this video. I just can't put into words on how i feel about it. Just amazing, anna. Very very good job. Love the effects, and nice editing.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#242672 08/15/05 11:34 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Would really like to see this video but can't seem to download it. confused

#242673 08/16/05 09:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
For some weird coincidence I was listen to the "My best friend's wedding" cd before checking thi thread. LOL

What a sad video but you worked the song very well with the scenes. Poor Lois. I want to hug her so much.

*sobs*

Is very very very sad but I loved.

#242674 08/19/05 02:03 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Anna

WOW! smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard