Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#242463 07/29/05 04:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
TJ wondered about a trailer for Long Strange Trip (the TOC for this fic can be found here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000135#000000). And I decided to give it a try.

I've never made a trailer for someone else's fic before, and quite frankly I don't know if its any good. So tell me what you think please! (honestly, I want to know)

Anyways, I'll try to stop any further nervous babbling and just post.

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/LSTTrailer.wmv

Edit:

I kinda maybe fixed a couple of things so....here:

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/LngStrngTrpTlr.wmv

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
downloading right now...can't wait to see it!!!

TEEEEEEEJ

I liked your music selection "The Lonely Shepard" from Kill Bill, but it was either my media player or something else, the title cards show as being hitchy, or skippy?...they jump in real fast instead of flowing smoothly into place.

The scenes pieced together pretty well, you picked some totally vague segments that fit the story really well, but again they popped up kind of jumpy. I think if you could find away to make them fade on to the screen smoothly, you'd have it about perfect.

Has Leela seen this? I think it's awesome that you took on this project, that was a difficult story to find clips for. thumbsup

TEEEEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
/me goes into WMM and has fun with the fade ins/outs

I'll try to fix that and repost it. There're a couple of sound glitches I can't seem to get rid of though.

And is that music used in Kill Bill? I didn't know. I found a whole heap of old instrumental cds that my Dad owns and never listens to. (well half the time I can never find the ones he does listen to.)

Thanks for the feedback! laugh

Courage in your own.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville

Courage in your own.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And is that music used in Kill Bill?
Yep, Zamphir and his pan flute, which I really like <embarrassed shrug> blush

I mentioned to Leela once that this trailer should have an Oriental bent, but I was in my "Last Samuari" obsession too. Seriously, awesome choice for music!

TEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Jenni, that's amazing... I didn't think there was any way to make a trailer for this story. I'm being jumped on by children so I can't do a detailed critique, but this is great smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, Jenni... Damn. I have LST on my *long* reading list, but never really knew what it was about. This trailer is just downright spooky!! The title cards are *awesome*. Music creepy! And the clips... wow... I got a good sense of the story, now I'm dying to read it!!! GREAT trailer, Jenni!!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent! You took a near impossible story to put to video and did it! clap

Leela will be very pleased I'm sure, and if you haven't read LST...you're in for a treat!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iā€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iā€™m trying to be nice.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The beginning seems smoother, but it starts to hitch again right at the HG Wells clip. I'm really thinking it's my media player. I've got about five videos that hitch and turn green at the end, so I don't think it's your file.

At any rate you took a really vague story for clips and did an awesome job piecing them together and the music just fits, something about that lonely flute just chills right down my spine, and knowing and loving this story like this, you hit the nail on the head with that music. WELL DONE! thumbsup

and if you haven't read LST...you're in for a treat!
Well said Liz! thumbsup

TEEEEEJ

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

WOW, an excellent trailer! smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Holy Hell, Woman!

That trailer freaking ROCKED! clap

Can't wait to see what else you do.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! Thanks for all the GREAT feedback!

I'm just so happy now. My parents will be wondering what on earth I'm grinning so much about.

Courage in your own.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A well done video for a beautiful story. thumbsup clap The scenes / the music/ the title cards -- they all blend well. Makes me want to read LST all over again.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh!! This is one of the stories in my to-read list. From all the positive comments I know I'll love it, but after seeing this great trailer I can't wait to see it uploaded to the archive. smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since a number of people have expressed interest in this story, I thought I'd link to the TOC . [Edit -- opps, I see Jenni already had this link blush Oh well <g> ] The TOC is on our boards, but it took years for her to finish this, and the first 35 parts are on Zoomway's boards. After that she started double-posting and I linked to the ones here. (Laurach started the TOC, but then I kind of took over, and at the end, LabRat helped.)

Also, some of the later chapters have nfic versions, and there are links to those in the TOC; you'll need nfic access to view them.

I've been a huge fan of this story since it started, and a few years back I decided I wanted to compile my own copy of it, so I went back and started copying & pasting from all the posts. The end result is, I now have a complete (PG) version of the file -- it's 1.4MG as a Word document, not much less in text -- and I'm willing to email it to anyone who asks. smile (chiefpam@nc.rr.com) Just be aware that it's not been GE'd!

As it was posted in parts, L tended to use the end of a post as the end of a scene, and start the next post with a new scene. Since they were different posts, she didn't bother with **** although there were some [tbc]'s. When I went back and originally put the file together, I was in a hurry and took out a lot of [tbc]'s without putting any *** in place of them. So... sometimes the scene will shift with no warning. I've tried to go back and fix it, but it's too huge of a file <g> (400-something pages on my screen).

Also, I put some bookmarks in so I could jump to my favorite spots -- that may be handy for anyone who's re-reading. The names of the bookmarks would be spoilers, though, so if this is your first time through the story, you really shouldn't peek. This story isn't about the destination so much as it is about the long, strange trip. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome awesome! Loved the music! Make more soon please!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Actually...its probably kinda my fault Pam...I didn't have the TOC in my post when you first saw it. But I remembered that I should probably link to it, and having discovered this nifty link that lets you edit your post...

Oooh! The trailer page...and a RP version. Thanks Elena! laugh

Did I thank you all for the feedback? lol, cause I'm still grinning about it!

Courage in your own.
Top Banana
Top Banana
If there was ever a fic in need of a trailer, this is it. LST is near the top of my absolute favorites. Thank you for taking it on, Jenni!

Love the music- so mournful. The 'voice' and 'face' of her fears captions. The menancing Lord Kal all in black and the tentative Superman moving to get out of Lois's way.

Really, really, really well done.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I always knew Long, Strange Trip was going to be a story I'd love, but my bus theory * stopped me from reading it in parts because I didn't want to risk being left in the lurch at some point not knowing what happened next. goofy

I've volunteered to GE it though - Leela, hurry up and submit it! This trailer makes me even more keen to finally settle down and wallow. laugh

Terrific, Jenni! Very creative use of clips. thumbsup clap

LabRat smile

* (Never risk reading a story in parts in case the author is run over by a bus and you never get to find out how it ends)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Jen
Don't usually do trailers unless someone says "Holy crap that was awesome", this time Rachel said I had to see it. So I watched it! Great job!! I love the Music at the beginning!! Can't say I'm going to read this story. I can say however that I will watch the trailer again!
Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard