Print Thread
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Hi everybody.

I've made a fanfic trailer for the fanfic "A conscious Choice" by Wendy Richards. It's a wonderful story. I love the fanfics when Lois and Superman are together but Lois don't know it's Clark Kent...

It's my first fanfic trailer, and I'm not very sure about the music I choose. So I will very appreciate all the feedbacks, even if it's to tell me you don't like my work, because it's the only way to made something better the next time. So please, give me feedbacks !

Here is the trailer:

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/AConsciousChoice.wmv

Enjoy ! (I hope)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow!!! Poussin, that was fantastic! If this is your first trailer I can't wait to see what you come up with next! thumbsup I particularly loved the second half, as the clips you used then didn't have background music that disrupted your soundtrack. Very, very nicely done. Wendy is going to be over the moon when her connection finally lets her back to the boards. smile

Now, you asked for nitpicks... laugh Well, I just have a couple. There were a few title cards that were too quick for me to read them. Make sure you leave them long enough, especially when there's a lot of text to read. Also, some of the clips had the bottom half of them blurring into each other and making the colours all weird, but that might be Windows Media Players playing tricks on me, for all I know. huh

Anyway, great work!! And now that you've made that big jump, I expect lots more from you soon!!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
WOW, Poussin! An excellent trailer! smile1 I look forward to your next one.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<snuffle> goofy

As a personal preference, I would have liked less interruptions from dialogue. It diluted a lot of the atmosphere for me. But that's just me and not something everyone would feel watching this, I know.

Even so, I loved this and that was a minor personal niggle. More please!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow!!!

Poussin, first of all, thank you so much for choosing my story for your first trailer. I'm honoured. blush

Second, I'm also blown away. You did a wonderful job! I love Enya anyway, but apart from that the scenes you chose and the dialogue you manipulated tells the story just so well. Lois with Superman, Clark out in the cold and so torn, so unhappy. I had no idea there were so many clips from the series which could tell this story! goofy

And I loved the way the trailer finished, with Clark sitting up alone and unhappy, and Lois in bed alone too. Great atmosphere!

I didn't have a problem reading your title cards, but then I read quite quickly. Perhaps next time you might use a font which is faster to read, though - a non-cursive one? That might help people who had difficulty reading them quickly enough.

I'm sorry that I'm only giving you feedback on this now - my internet connection has been poor since Thursday and I've barely been able to access websites. I had no chance at all of being able to download trailers. frown

Thank you again!! sloppy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Thanks for your feedbacks. I'm glad you liked this video, I was very nervous before posting it.

I'm sorry the cards went too quickly. I will slow down them in my next video. It's a good advice you're giving me. I haven't noticed the speed, because I'm accustumed to read quickly. Sorry. I will spend more attention next time.

And I thanks Elena for the advices she gave me by mail. She corrected my english errors in the cards. I will try to demand to someone to edit my cards before posting the video the next time I will make one. Sorry for the bad english.

Kaethel, I see what you mean by "weird colours". I've downloaded my own files to check if the links works and I have had too "weird colours". I don't know why. The original files on my hard disk is good, but there's bug on the online version. I was thinking to maybe send you the files without bugs by mail, but I have first tried to send it to me, and there's bugs too. I really don't understand. If there's a computer's genious on the boards, maybe he can explain ?

LabRat, I'm glad you liked my presentation "Poussin Productions" at the beginning of the video. I've spend an entire day thinking about that, trying and trying again, before I found that presentation. I wanted something what really feels like me, to be my signature, and it was difficult. I'm glad you noticed the signature clip.

I thanks everyone who sends me feedbacks, and I ask for more. I will listen for all the advices and comments you will give me.

P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Sorry for the double post, but I've only see Wendy's post after posting my first reply. Apparently, she had posted it while I was typing my reply.

I'm delighted you like my trailer, Wendy. I don't know this message boards and the fanfic site for a very long time (because I only have internet few months ago), but I really LOVE ALL the story of you I've read yet. And I was very anxious about the idea that maybe I will ruin your story by a bad trailer.

For my first trailer, I was hesitating between "A conscious Choice" or "Green Card", but I choose the first because I have problems to think in the order I will put the clips for "Green Card", but I probably will do that someday.

And thanks for the advice for the font. It will likely be more readable with another font. I will try that too the next time.

I remark all the bad comments are on the Cards. I promise you to really put more attention in the cards the next time.

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
This was a great first effort smile I loved the ending with Clark alone in the chair looking at Lois especially smile And Enya, of course, is a lovely choice of music. As for advice, I pretty much agree with what has already been given.

Thanks for sharing with us smile I can't wait to see what the future brings from you clap

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah, music I like! That's always a plus. laugh I have no new nitpicks--people have already said the ones I might say--like Wendy, I read fast enough to catch the titles, but agree that a print font would be better. I, too, had the weird color warp at the bottom a lot of the time. I definitely agree with Aria--loved the ending with Clark in the chair . . .

And now I realize I can't remember the fic, and have to put it on my reread list as well. wink

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh very nice! Rachel and I were trying to do an nfic trailer version of this story but I don't think we can top that so I guess we'll scrap it. I love Enjia and those scenes were well picked out. This by the way is my favorite fan fic of all time. I think I've read it over 20 times already. Good job. Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poussin, great first trailer. smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
I really thank you all for your answers, and your advices. It really help me to understand how to do better the next time.

And, above all, know you liked it helps me to relax because I was very very very nervous, anxious... and all you can imagine about posting it.

Elena, It's possible to change the file after it have been posted ? Because, if it's possible, I will change the title cards and repost it very soon. And maybe this time, it will be no problems of weird colors.

And thanks, Elena, for making the realvideo version.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Elena, It's possible to change the file after it have been posted ? Because, if it's possible, I will change the title cards and repost it very soon. And maybe this time, it will be no problems of weird colors.
Absolutely, no problem at all. Just upload it as you did with the first version. You'll probably have to rename it, though. Something like AConsciousChoice2.wmv, for example. I will then delete the "wrong" file and rename the new one. But you won't have to worry about that. It's all part of the service. wink

Elena smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Great job, Poussin!! The clips you chose were wonderful in portraying the story!!!

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Only after 3 years I find this trailer *tststs* blush . Anyway - wonderful video. I haven't read the story in a long time, but your trailer definetly makes me want to re-read it clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Thank you Lcfan4ever smile

It was my first trailer and I still remember how afraid I was to post it.

And bringing back that folder to the top reminded me that I promised to redo it, and that I still haven't... Three years. The time goes by much too quickly.

I just rewatched it and I have to say that if I redo it someday (and it is a big IF), I wouldn't do it quite the same way. I think it is a little too long, for once (at the time, I didn't know how to cut the music without making it sounds bad, so I had to do it on the whole song).

But I'm glad you liked it, and I have only one thing left to say: go and re-read the story. It's worth it smile

Columnist
Columnist
I had to post and tell you how much I enjoyed this trailer. You did a wonderful job. Enya is so haunting and it worked perfectly with the mood of Wendy's excellent story.

Might have to go reread this one tonight...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome trailer! I love this story, and this trailer is just...well...awesome! blush

I especially love how you go through the three options (Leave her, Tell her, Keep lying). It was brilliant, and very well done. smile

~β€’~
P
Poussin Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
P
Thank you smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard