Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I love where this is going!!!

“Good grief, Cat. Knock it off. We both know I’m not interested in you, and we both know that you’re not really interested in me. You’ve only got your mind on one thing.” He surprised himself that he’d actually said those words aloud. He’d never spoken to someone like that. Had he? It wasn’t like him to be rude. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

Cat looked as if her best friend had just slapped her face. Tears came to her eyes and she turned away from the man squashed into the small space beside her. She inched away, playing perfectly the part of the offended innocent woman.

Clark swallowed, gritting his teeth and turning to look anywhere but at her. He shouldn’t have said that. He’d really hurt her feelings, hadn't he. However, there was no way he was going to spend a whole weekend being pursued like a fox with a pack of hound dogs on his trail.
I love that whole part. It was building up during the previous parts, and it's nice to see Clark jump out of his forever-polite mold occasionally and say what he's thinking. That being said, it's also sad to see someone like Cat, who only really knows how to relate to people through either flirting or sexual inuendoes, being shot down and called on it. You can feel Clark's regret over his lash-out, but his self-reminder that he had to do it, since they have the whole weekend ahead of them.

I also like how you ended it, which makes me wonder... what *are* the sleeping arrangements?? wink

... can't wait to see what you've got in store smile

~NICOLE

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard