Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Well, after seeing all the wonderful trailers come out lately, I decided I'd give making my own a shot because it looked so darned fun to do. I ended up doing a trailer for my own work in progress, in hopes of kicking my writing into higher productivity gear smile

This trailer is for Good Samaritan. Because of the nature of the story, I had to hunt around outside of the L&Cverse for some clips. You might or might not recognize them depending on your television tastes. Overall the experience of putting all this together was really fun.

The songs used, which I edited and smooshed together, are Caritas, by Lesiem, and Cantandus, by Magna Canta.

So, anyway, I bring you my first ever effort with video editing software. I hope you like it!

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/GoodSamaritan.wmv

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I... I... whinging That first part is so very intense and devestating!! And then... the rescue gone bad... that was executed brilliantly!!! And Perry's clips and Superman with the girl... perfect!!

Title cards: It's really no surprise coming from you that these are so wonderfully written and emotional! Perfect!!!!

Wow! I really just can't say enough about this, Diane!! FANTASTIC!! And having been yet another that has had the priveledge of seeing parts of Samaritan already... just WOW!!! eek

I'm going to invoke a little UKism here to sum up: It's BLOODY brilliant!!!!!

Sara

P.S. Hurry up and finish this story!!!!!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. goofy Seriously, this just took my breath away!

It's not the individual components of the trailer - the awe-inspiring music, the fantastic use of footage from the series (including a lot of little-used stuff) and elsewhere, and the clever use of effects. It's the whole package, which combines to leave me awed. Amazing. Just fantastic! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job on the trailer, loved the music..it fit perfectly!

Looking forward to a good read..when are you posting??! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo . . . laugh WOW!!!! Just awesome! The music was amazing--the haunting chants of the men and women's voices at just the right times . . . Loved the screens with the various phrases--they were PERFECT. *is very sure she will not even attempt a trailer due to the overwhelmingly good quality of trailers just like this* I think I'll have this music haunting me for a while now!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Diane

WOW! This is brilliant. smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow Diane! What an amazing trailer!! jawdrop That's fantastic! Really fantastic and amazing! WOW!

Kaethel smile (who can't be more coherent, sorry!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Diane,
This trailer is just... great! I can't wait to read and feel all the emotions you can only hint at within this form of expression.

So when are you going to post your brilliant and angsty ( thumbsup

Avia (going to watch the trailer again)

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thank you all very much for the feedback smile You have no idea how much I was glowing after reading all these!

dance dance dance

Is the clip of the man in the morgue from 'Lost'?
Yes. The man in the morgue is the character Jack from the show Lost. One of the back shots of him was a clip of Angel, however, which is where all of the non-morge hospital shots came from. And lastly, there was a very small snip of Buffy in there. The rest, naturally, were from L&C laugh

Right now, Samaritan is about half done, possibly two-thirds. I expect to finish with it soon, though, and hope to post it shortly after smile My educated guess based on what I have planned to write still would be several weeks from now.

Thanks so much once again all smile

Columnist
Columnist
This trailer is very very well done. I loved every scene. And I can't wait for the story to come out. */me is impatient, hint hint* And I loved the music you used to. Great Job! I hope to see more from you.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! smile1

P.S. There's a RealVideo version available here .

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thank y'all so much smile I really do love all this feedback!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stunning! From the elegant beginning, the seamless use of clips and the perfect music match...astonishing! Absolutely loved it, Diane.

Can't wait to read the story now. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wicked trailer!

Nope, uh uh, that can't be your first. That was freaking brilliant!

Well, hot diggity, I'm super excited about the fic in progress! I can't wait to read it!

Great job.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wwo I liked this, though I didn't read the story and if I did I don't remember it so I will ave to again. I love the music, it is haunting. Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thanks again, you all smile

Laura, Good Samaritan is a WIP that will be posted shortly. Nobody has read it yet, so you haven't missed anything smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
While Caritas seems to be the perfect song for this trailer, I'm afraid that the parts of Cantandus don't match my taste. You almost managed to write your story in 2:44 minutes of a trailer, that's a great accomplishment you can be proud of.

I didn't recognize those non-LnC parts, though they seem to match the music and the general topic of the story. And now I'll start reading .. or maybe tomorrow morning is a better time wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very intriguing, and then, about two thirds through, I couldn't get any more of the trailer !! What happened? Anyway, it's looking like there's no Lois Lane in this fic based on what I did get. Surely not? But does look like lots of Superman suffering and who is that intriguing, very good-looking guy who is looking so angsty about Superman? Need to know more. smile

c.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Need to know more, Carol? Diane's begun posting. dance

You can find the TOC here.

Really awesome story!!

Oh, and as far as not being able to see the whole thing... have you tried downloading it to you computer and then watching?

Sara (who's off to watch the awesome trailer again...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW!! thumbsup

TEEEEEJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard