Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Another oldie but goodie! This story won the Best Relationship category in the 2002 Kerths. thumbsup

I owe a huge thanks to Sara (Krafty), Julie, Erica and others on IRC last night for helping me to find much-needed clips. Thanks, guys! You were invaluable! clap

And so, without further ado, I present...

The Accidental Husband WMP

The Accidental Husband RP

And the story, if you haven't read it, is here .

Hope you like! Feedback welcome! notworthy notworthy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
OOOH!! Me first, me first!!! But I'll bet by the time I'm done rambling, others will have beat me to it. smile1 </i>

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Uh -- I clicked on the link and it took me to the story. What's up?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!!! You posted!!!

My favourite part? Clark's horrified "WHAT?!?", then the lines in the third part of the trailer, especially Perry's question to Lois and Clark about them having to tell him something. laugh

So... when's the next one? laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Try again, Nan - you must have come in just before I fixed it. blush Sorry!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Amazing job, Wendy! Wow, with all these good trailers I'm running out of superlatives... but this one was very well done and funny, too! Loved the contrasting "husbands" with Lex and then Clark... and it was brilliant to add in the "apparently, she's my wife" clip laugh Or clips, it sounded like it was edited a little, but it was good editing.

Anyway, way to go! Do more <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Waow. I loved that fanfic and this trailer just made me want to read one more time.

Great job, really. Very funny trailer. Thank You for made it, and thanks for post it.

My favourite moment was when clark said "apparently, she's my wife", and he doesn't seem very happy about the situation.

I really liked it

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was thinking the same thing as Kae--Clark's "What?" is hilarious. The wedding license is a neat touch. And then of course, "Apparently, she's my wife . . ."

And the music! I have to mention that I last heard this music (don't remember where I first heard it) on a funny cats video floating about the Web--cats doing various funny things. The mood is a very "la-di-da" sort, and totally fits this trailer. laugh

I also have to point out I loved the touch of the comparison between the two men--her snuggling into each of them. And Perry's look as he's talking to the two of them. It took me about 8 or 9 tries to get WMP to pause precisely on Lois and Clark's looks, but the impression I got the first time was correct; I love the "uhhhhhhh" look. Clark looks worried, and Lois has a very amusing expression on her face. GREAT shot to match the mood.

And Lois's little "dance" at the end cracked me up too, though I had to ask to have it explained just WHAT she was doing at the time. wink Clark's "Just as long as you're being honest with yourself, Lois" is a hilarious line with his facial expressions. Had to watch it twice to catch Lex's "I'm doomed", but cool ending too.

This is one of my favorite fics, and now the trailer is one of my favorite trailers too. wink Great job!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap
Thank you, Wendy! A wonderful trailer for a favourite story of mine! dance

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thumbsup thumbsup

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
That was just TOO cute! I loved it!!! hyper hyper hyper Jumping for joy that I got to see it. Great job!

Bgirl

Dear Aquaman, Tell all the fishes Merry Christmas
Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake
A Very Tim and Cassie Christmas
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome, Wendy!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy, thumbsup

MDL. (who haven't actually helped in anything, but will always give ideas if she can. laugh )

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol
Oh, that was good. I Loved it. Ditto on what everyone else said. That was awesome. You edited that really good. Now i have to go read the story again. If only I can have the beginning music play while I read the story. Good job!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! A wonderful trailer! smile1 Thanks for sharing.

Tricia cool

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
And thank you all again!!! smile1

I'm so glad everyone liked this. But I'm even more glad - over the moon, in fact - that Erin did! laugh She emailed me to tell me how much she enjoyed it. Made my day! goofy

Credit is owed to the gang on IRC for some of the clips people commented particularly on. I was throwing out demands such as 'anyone know anywhere where Clark exclaims "WHAT?!",' or 'where does Lois say "You *have* to be kidding!",' or 'do Clark or Lois ever use the words "We're married" or even just "Married?"' I can't remember who recalled the "Apparently, she's my wife" line, but thank you! sloppy Julie, Sara, David, Erica, I should have listed you as co-producers. wink

Thank you all again! It's so wonderful to know that you guys enjoyed this!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Wendy - this was a fun gem. Very creative use of clips. Loved Clark's 'What?', of course, and Lex's 'I'm doomed.' at the end. rotflol rotflol The music caught the perfect tone.

Wonderful!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute Wendy! and funny too! Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Wendy, this trailer was SO CUTE! I was laughing all day after I saw it (seriously, my boss must have thought I was on something the way I kept burting into giggles for no apparent reason). I adore the "honest with yourself" quote and the toothpaste scene is one of my favorites solely because I remember Lois spitting into the sink in front of Clark, whose eyebrows shoot up, and then she grins at him from around her toothbrush. For some reason, I just think that parts hilarious and when I saw the toothpaste scene in Bring It On, I thought of Lois and Clark. Anyway, excellent choice of clips, superb choice of music (that doomed quote at the end, is priceless!) Great job!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard