Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I dare say that this is all Wendy's fault, but I do have to thank her for it! wink She said innocently, "Someone needs to do a trailer for In A Better Place." And silly, silly me said I'd already had *very* loose ideas in my head. Well... this one was a bit difficult, as anyone reading the story can imagine, but I hope I pulled it off. For anyone who isn't reading... Let me just tell you that this is probably *THE* best story I've ever read in this fandom. That's not to slight anyone else's work; there are some truly *fantastic* stories out there that I love and have read many times over. But this story... I think it's truly in a league of its own. Just... WOW!

What? You want me to stop babbling and just give you the trailer? laugh Well, hang on... have to say just *one* more thing. wink

Since this was Wendy's fault in the first place, it was to her that I brought all my whining and "Help me!!"s. She was a great help with titles and suggesting clips!! Thanks, Wendy!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very, very nicely done, Sara!! And very intriguing regarding the story. smile

Music #1 and #3 are from the Lois and Clark soundtrack. #2 rings a very loud bell but I'm not sure where it's from.

Great work, Sara!! clap

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh a musical challenge!

Oooh a trailer for "In A Better Place"!

Combining the two means I'll be right back to add my guess about the music as well as gush about the trailer. wink

Avia
A few minutes later...
OK, I'm stumped about the music and in case KathyM is right I made a mental note to listen to the soundtrack on my way to work tomorrow. smile

The trailer is fabulous! You did such a great job of presenting the basic idea without giving away anything. Wow! I'm very very impressed! notworthy

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara!! OMG, I'm so impressed. This is fabulous.

Now that you've proven your talent at tackling stories-that-are-almost-impossible-to-make-a-trailer-for, how about When the World Finds Out? laugh

OK, for music. They're all from L&C, and all can be found on the soundtrack CD.

The first one was called "Clark Fun" on the CD. And dangit, I just can't remember what episode we heard it in.

The second one was from after they fired the Kryptonite gas at Superman and Nor and his henchman, and Lois runs out, repeating "You're not dead, you're not dead". Episode is Battleground Earth. The soundtrack cut is "The Final Battle"

And third is at the end of Lucky Leon, when Mayson dies. It's at the end of the "Lois & Clark Courting" cut.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sara! Well done! goofy And then it gets all angsty... thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is *amazing* Sara! I never cease to be impressed at how people find clips from the series to illustrate a story that's way way out of continuity... excellent music, too. Since Kathy's already identified the clips, I'll just pretend I knew them, too wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! Sara, from the use of the clips from the virtual world in VD to depict the 'too perfect' Utopia, the almost-but-not-quite Clark, the scenes with Jor-El and Lara - there's only one word for this...inspired!

Wonderful! I'm stunned! You make it all look so easy, but I know it's not.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow. Now that is one great trailer.

I can't believe you found all those absolutely perfect scenes, but that's what they are -- absolutely perfect.

Amazing job, Sara. I wouldn't have believed that a trailer could do this story justice, but yours did. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice job Sara! I love videos!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not feeling especially eloquent at this hour, but still impressed. So, sorry to have to leave it at this, but... Yeah, what they said. laugh

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Sara, I just love you. And it's the real thing, no mere passing thing.

'Thank you' seems so inadequate. I would never have imagined it was remotely possible to make a trailer of this story! But what you've used fits so perfectly. Shows how very talented you are.

Tempus's first line is my favorite bit. Just so... him.

And as for the music, nope, no clue. So hats off to KathyM for her astounding wealth of knowledge. All I could think was...'There's a soundtrack...?'

And I love that you used the soundtrack (which I didn't know existed) for this, since this story is really as much about the series, itself, and the fanfic as I knew how to make it. That's a wonderful sort of symmetry.

Now, this:
Let me just tell you that this is probably *THE* best story I've ever read in this fandom.
If I hadn't already mentioned the love, I would feel compelled to do so here! sloppy

Let me just say, I haven't finished posting. There is still plenty of time for me to blow the resolution. But now, even if I do that very thing, I'll still have this wonderful trailer!!

Thank you!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great trailer, Sara! smile1

More!!!!

Elena smile1

P.S. RealVideo version is available here .

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YAY!! I got to see most of it (it cut out at the end credits, grrr, freaking dial up) But wow! yeah Sara, how do you piece the scenes together so well???

They just click for everything I remember about the story, just perfectly.

Keep popping those out, woman!

TEEEEEEJ

Columnist
Columnist
Awww, no fair! And I really wanted the bonus point's. :p

Nice trailer, Sara. But you already know, I love it! Nice effect on that one clip to wink You are getting better and better at making the trailers. Keep it up.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi Sara, wave

I must confess I haven't read the story yet, but your trailer made me dig on and find it. It is supercool! Superinteresting too!

The songs.. yeah they are from L&C album I just can't remember the names now.. i know that one of them is Clark saying good bye.

i think the other are the villains and the first one i think is clark's salsa.. though i am not sure.. bite me like wife if i am wrong.

Loved it!!!

You are as talented as a video maker as you are as a writer. Keep it up, but don't forget the stories laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay, first off... bonus points. I've got lots. smile1 Thank you!!!! Oh, and your points: You get 15 for nailing the origin of all three songs. 10 for naming them! eek And an extra 5 on top of that for even reminding *me* what episodes they came from!! Go you!

Wendy - You're exempt from the competition, but I'll give you a nice 25 bonus points for being such a great help and for the feedback!!! goofy

KathyB, Paul, Liz - Thank you guys!!!!! I'm glad you liked it and thought it did the story justice. smile 5 bonus points each!

El - 5 bonus points for knowing the music. <g> And an extra 10 for making the RP version of the trailer! Thanks for the feedback, too!!!

TJ - Yay!! Thank you! 5 points for you! <g>

Rach - Sorry. <g> But I'll give you 10 bonus points for that great chicken you've got there in your avatar. wink

Erica - 10 bonus points for you, hitting so close to the mark of the names of the songs! And, yes, I'll get to writing soon. wink

CC - The love is mutual! I'm really SO glad you liked it! 5 bonus points for you because you said this:

And I love that you used the soundtrack (which I didn't know existed) for this, since this story is really as much about the series, itself, and the fanfic as I knew how to make it. That's a wonderful sort of symmetry.
See... I had this feeling while I was making it after I had chosen the music (which started out as a bit of silly inspiration). I wasn't sure what to call the feeling, but you nailed it more or less with that statement. laugh

Did I also mention that the font was called "Tempus" something or other? Thought that was very apt. <g>

(Did anyone else feel shades of Harry Potter just then? "Five points to Gryffindor..." Never mind... just been reading them is all <G>)

Sara (who really thinks that Utopia just wouldn't be complete without a really cool store in which to spend all those bonus points... because over the years... I've earned millions... just be nice to have a place to spend them...)

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, Tricia!! Glad you liked it. smile1

Sara smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now we need one for WTWFO.

James

β€œβ€¦with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Okay, this was a really, really good trailer. Amazing job!

I would also like to point out that usually I like trailers to be relatively short, but yours, despite being 2:13 minutes, was really fascinating! I'm in awe, Sara!

And I've yet to read IaBP... shame on me.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard