Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, Rach says I should post this... goofy

Last One Standing (Windows Media)
Last One Standing (RealVideo)

(Thanks, El, for converting it to RealVideo!)

This is a video with a history. I heard this song last summer and immediately thought of what a perfect Clark song it was... so I've been planning the video out in my head for about six months. goofy I've had time to put a *lot* of thought into what clips to use laugh Recently, I got hold of the clips I needed, so I figured I'd go for it...

This is my very first ever video so please be nice to me smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow!! Pam, not only is your choice of song really great, but you picked exactly the right clips to fit with it. My favourite moment is (of course!) when Lois, still in her wedding dress, sees Clark standing there outside LexCorp and runs to him, and the lyrics say: "I'll be the last one standing." I love, love, *love* this moment! smile

Can't wait for your next music video, because this first one is awesome! smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww! I have a big grin on my face..he's so darn CUTE!

GRREEAAT JOB CP!! You done good! wink
~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iโ€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iโ€™m trying to be nice.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very Sweet, drool you've made me like a country music song Pam, shame on you. :rolleyes:

TEEEEEEEEJ clap clap clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, lovely video, Pam! Never heard the song before, and it's a smidgen too country for me, wink but the lyrics are perfect! You've done a wonderful job matching images to lyrics - I especially love the scene you used for 'In a world of pretenders, I'll be your defender'. Very clever indeed! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
OOOOOOO YAY!! hyper

You posted the vid, I'm happy. You did a VERY good job on your frist L&C vid. The clips flowed very good with the song. I like how the lyrics matched the vid. I saw how you made it from the beginning and worked toward the end of the episodes. I LOVE THAT! And *Sigh* Clark is sooo cute(BAD RACHEL! Down girl!) Ok moving on, I really laughed on the "pretender" parts. Like when "Superman"(woody samms) Grabbed the phone from lois. You don't really see that in a vid. LOL! Aww and the clips with clark being the "Last one standing" Very nice. I can tell you put alot of work in this vid, and it turned out nicely. Keep up the good work. And I want to see more videos!!

Thanks for letting me see the vid!

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pam!!!! This was so awesome! I adore it, and I don't like country music much at all. But I adore you video, the song, and clark now!!! Destiny's calling...my fav!!!!!
I'll never surrender....My other fav!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!! I hope to see alot more from you. I'll be waiting and watching!

Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great video Pam! I really like the song and the images are perfect and, and, and... it made me want to watch the whole series again from the start!

Great, great job! Hope you had so much fun that you're already plotting the next one. laugh

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!!!! You posted it!!! smile1 (and more Hearts United, too!!!!! smile1 )

Elena smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
/me squeals!!!!! smile1

Pam!!! This was absolutely wonderful!!! The lyric/clip matches were so unbelievably good that my breath kept catching (and let me tell you... in between those and the waffy moments, I didn't breathe all that much while watching goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, all! I really was nervous about releasing this... The song is "Last One Standing" by Emerson Drive. I don't think Roxio does very interesting titles. I suppose I could tuck it in at the end... honestly, that hadn't occurred to me smile Told you I was new at this!

Glad to see so many people like the clips I picked. I started writing the script for this thing months ago, matching up phrases with scenes. The printout of it has gotten awfully dog-eared. smile Although, of course, while working on it, I kept having better ideas... It was a lot of fun going through and looking at the various episodes again -- I hadn't seen IGYUMS in *years*.

And now that I've done one, who knows what I might do next... goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great video.

Makes me want to read the story...

โ€œโ€ฆwith God everything is possible.โ€ Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Pam, this was wonderful! Forget first video; this was top-notch by any standard!

As everyone said, the song was great (and I'm not even a country fan) and you picked perfect scenes. I never would have guessed there were so many "pretenders" but you showcased them all! Great thinking. Bittersweet at the beginning, leading to a totally romantic ending ... just glorious. smile

I actually said "Oh, I love it!" less than a minute into it, and I rarely am moved to gasp out loud. <g>

Fantastic!!

Kathy

Columnist
Columnist
hi

Great video.

I like the song and the clips you used.

Karla

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW! smile1 I love it and look forward to your next one.

Tricia cool

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard