Print Thread
#240741 01/19/05 03:55 PM
K
Kaylle Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
K
Years and years ago I fell in love with a movie called Moulin Rouge. In fact, it was one of the deciding factors in my family's finally getting a DVD player <g>. On the DVD was a short montage that played before the actors' bios, and I fell in love with that, too. In the back of my mind I thought, "Isn't that a great song? I wonder if I could make a video to that song..." But I didn't have the equipment or the time necessary to do something like that, so the idea's just been languishing somewhere in my cobwebby brain. Until now, when the miracle of school break let me experiment a little and come up with this.

Many thanks to Paul, who "betaviewed" this several times, and to Pelican, with whom I shared this idea months and months ago and who encouraged me to try it. Also, I'm gratfeul for the help and tech support of the folcs on IRC yesterday <g>.

I've uploaded the original Moulin Rouge video as well, in case people are curious where my inspiration came from. I do love it, and if you're at all a fan of the movie you'll probably enjoy it.

And by the way, don't be confused by the credits at the end. I've always called this the Piano Theme but it's actually a rearrangement of Elton John and Bernie Taupin's "Your Song," which features fairly prominently in the movie.

At any rate, here are the videos, both the original and the L&C version, for your enjoyment/critique <g>.

Piano Theme from "Moulin Rouge" (Lois & Clark Video)
Piano Theme from "Moulin Rouge" (Original MR Video)

These are both in WMV format; I don't have the software to convert them to RM. If someone has the capability/desire to do it, please email me wink

Kaylle

#240742 01/19/05 05:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo-hoo! You posted!! YAY!!

This is such a cool vid!! So new and different, and I love how it tells a story.

At first, truth to tell, it didn't do much for me. I had to get in the right mindset. It wasn't what I was expecting.

On the second view, though, I started to really get into it. I've lost track of how many times I've seen it now, but it just gets better every time!

Great job with the scene changes here, and the story and the music selection and...

Wow, what a first vid!!

(IMHO, it's much better than the original "professional" one. The scenes change with the music, and it tells a story you can understand even if you're not that familiar with the show. It's just really so much cooler.)

Everyone, go watch it! <g>

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#240743 01/19/05 06:26 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey nice vid! I can see why you put both vids up, cause your's is better goofy wink
Anyway, thanks for putting the original vid up because I hadn't seen that before. I love Moulin Rouge, it's my second fav Aussie film behind Two Hands. I've seen the dvd too many times to count, however my copy isn't the original dvd so it didn't have that vid on it.
Like Paul said, I liked how the scenes changed with the music, always a sign of a good musicvid author.
Thanks thumbsup

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
#240744 01/19/05 07:21 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Kaylle!!!!!! A debut vid!!!! And what a vid too!!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#240745 01/20/05 09:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey girl!
That vid was and I'll quote myself exactly what I said to Paul was "That video was awesome! Short sweet and totally awesome!!" Of course he agreed! LOL i'm going to watch it again! Great job!!!!
jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
#240746 01/20/05 12:02 PM
Columnist
Columnist
That was a sweet vid, laugh . I love Moulin Rouge too, And I'm glad you did the vid to this piece. Very good on matching the clips with emotion. Very good! clap Hope to see more from you soon.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#240747 01/20/05 03:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, that was really neat, Kaylle. I wish more vids were set to instrumentals; I really enjoyed that!

You really set a mood with the piece ... nice choices of clips to match the tone of the music. I just wish the whole thing was longer! I was really beautiful music. smile

Congrats on your first vid! Hope it won't be your last.

Kathy

#240748 01/21/05 09:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice! I really enjoyed the music and you put it all together perfectly!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iā€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iā€™m trying to be nice.
#240749 10/25/07 02:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OOoh! I'm so glad Paul posted a link to this -- wasn't around when those were posted and I probably wouldn't have seen them otherwise. Those are seriously great videos! Great song - and I loved the choice of clips.

How come you haven't done more??

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#240750 10/27/07 10:21 AM
K
Kaylle Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
K
I was surprised to see this thread pop up again smile And I'm mortified to see I never replied to comments! How could I be so rude? I have no idea frown But I'm glad everyone liked this, and thank you for watching! And I'm sorry it took me two and a half years to say so frown

And thanks to Paul for posting a link in the favorite videos thread, and thanks to Lara for bumping this back up smile

As to why I haven't done more videos... the short answer is that I'm painfully, painfully slow at everything <g>. I'm always working on something--fanfic, video, trailer-- but the last L&C story I finished was in 2004. (The last story I finished of any kind was in 2006; it was a vignette and I'd been writing it for 8 years!) So I'm just very slow, and my muse has a short attention span <g>

Anyway, thanks for watching, everyone! And I apologize for not coming back before smile

Kaylle

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard