Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
I'm a curious person, by nature and am always wondering what people like and dislike. I've been making music videos since 1998 and have seen so many varities when it comes to style and music choice and have always wondered what seems to be the most popular?

I'm in no way asking for favortism and I don't expect any of mine to be on the list, I just want to get a feel of what people like. If you want my list it is mostly mine, but I take so much time and effort into them (not saying no one else does) that if I can't watch them over and over again then I'm not proud.

So here is my list:

1. This Kiss - There are many reasons behind this one. I made it in the winter of 1998 when my mother was in the hospital. I just remember it so vividly that way b/c I would write out the lyrics and what I wanted to do with it while sitting in an uncomfortable chair while she slept in her hospital bed. It was also easier b/c she was sick of the song so I worked on the video and finished it before she got home.
2. Through The Years - This is Corrines video and probably one of the first I ever saw. IT still has a special place in my heart b/c when I first saw it I cried like a baby and still do when I watch it. She is my main inspiration for making them myself.
3. Bitch - Not a song most would expect to be able to make a video to, but Mols suggested it and I just had to. It was also a lot of fun to do.
4. I See You In A Different Light - Another of my older videos but it was just so perfect for L&C that I loved doing it Note to Self: Put new version on website:)
5. It's All Been Done - My fave video of Mols, only one part gets to me (don't like Lolo hitting her head on the fire hydrent, too many head injuries in my family) so I turn away then (do the same in DJ and Seconds) Not to mention it was in my head all day yesterday:)

I guess that's my thing. I just think it would be interesting to see what people like, and why they like it. If you can't think of five that is fine or if you want to express your feelings for more than five that is awesome as well.

Just something I was thinking about while finishing off another Waffy video...and I don't do that many of them smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yikes, toughness. Well in order for me to really love a video, I have to love the song and then love what the videomaker did with it. Of course, I may start out not liking a song, and BECAUSE of the video, come around to liking it. It all depends. So even though I might not be able to tell you exactly why I liked one video over another, you can assume it's because I liked the song and what you accomplished using it & the clips and all that. Sound good? smile Okay so here goes...

*Invisible -- Clay Aiken. (Andrea's) This was the first video in what I like to call the "new era" of her music video-making. smile I love it for that reason, mostly, because when she first did it, I was so thrilled that I watched it like 50 times, maybe more. But also because it's a great story video, showing Clark's angst due to all Lolo's rejections, but then leading to the point in the series when Lois was starting to come around on Clark and missing him and stuff like that.

*Miss Indpendent. (Andrea's) In her series of Lois Empowerment videos, this one just happens to be my favorite. The beat matches are perfect, and the song just totally works. It's a fun, fun video.

*When I See You Smile. (Andrea's) This one is just too cute, too beautiful, made me the cry the first time I watched it and that's saying something.

*I also enjoyed Trenna's "Don't Say You Love Me" which was very well put together with just the right clips.

*Andie's "How Will I Know" was a lot of fun, and now whenever I hear it on the radio I think of L&C and the clips she chose. smile1

Honorable Mentions: (Because I loved them at one time, but can't get them to download properly anymore or I may have them, but they're not available online. Seems a shame to name a video in the Top 5 that most people probably can't even go view, but they're still cool, so anyway...)

*Any Man of Mine (Karen Ward.) This one was fun times three. One scene that sticks out in my memory was that she used a scene from GGGOH of L&C line dancing that went RIGHT with the music!

*No News (Not sure who did this?) Great lyric matches, had me doubled over laughing. I love love love funny videos.

*You'll Be In My Heart (Erin Klingler.) Maybe this one is still available, but I just can't get it to play. Anyway, I used to watch this one repeatedly. Beautiful song mixed with just the right clips.

*Love's Funny That Way & Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic (Andrea's) These are my two favorites from the old era wink because they're just fun, fun videos. Andrea, you may not have had fancy transitions back then, but the way you edited these was just phenominal, especially w/Every Little Thing.

I can't choose one of my own videos, I love them all the same! Really.

Molly
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In no particular order:

1. Corrine's Through The Years.
2. Corrine's Tia Adoro (sp?)
3. Lynn's Keep Me A Secret
4. Karen's Any Man Of Mine
5. Any one by Trenna (sorry, couldn't choose)

Sure I must have left some out...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've seen so many that it's very, very difficult to narrow them down. However, here's an attempt - and, like LabRat, in no particular order;

</font><ul type="square">
[*]Kaethel's My Immortal - tells the story of my very favourite episode, and with stunning visual-audio matches.
[*]Annette's I'm Too Sexy - this one's just too funny! I love the Right Said Fred song anyway, and the way she arranged it with clips of Clark is very, very witty.
[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Anything by Trenna. She remains the queen of music videos, and her work is perfection. smile It's so hard to pick anything out above the others - Friends and Lovers, If You're Not The One, Say Nothing At All... and many, many more. Trenna, you are amazing! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
my favs are

1. Halo Psychofurball I love the song and i love the way she made this vid. I know it took along time!!

2. How will I know by andieanderson. It's funny upbeat and clever.

3. Will I ever make it home skfolc She only had a few episodes and She did a great job with what she had plus the song rocks!

4. Help me By psychofurball Awesome use of transition and color dynomite editing an all around wonderful vid if you ask me.

5. Broken by Kaethel I love this song i love what she did and i keep on watching it!

And of course my little tiny Lois and clark vid radames' letter only cuz i worked sooooo hard on it!

Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is hard to answer because (a) I have way more than 5 favorite videos and (b) there are so many videos I haven't see yet! I have such a slow dial-up connection, it takes forever to download a video. Quite a few of those mentioned above as favorites, I haven't even seen yet. But of those I have seen, these are my favorites:

1 - I enjoy videos with a sense of humor. My favorites are Andrea & Molly's Burning Love, Andrea's Trouble and Psychofurball's Kiss Kiss.

2 - Videos about Lois. Favorites are Andrea's Bitch and Miss Independent and Pyschofurball's Help Me.

3 - My favorite relationship videos are Lea's Complicated and Molly's My Baby Loves Me.

Edited to add: Since several people mentioned it, I went off to find and download Karen's Any Man of Mine. thumbsup You can add that to my list of favorites, too!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Merriwether
Merriwether
Boy, picking five would be really, really hard ... I code the vids on my hard drive by color to identify my favorites (yes, that makes me extremely OCD wink ) and I have way, way more than five at the top of the list.

Also, I will say that my favorites do change around a bit ... I'll watch a vid and think it's just OK, then I'll watch it later and love it. And vice versa; some have more staying power for me than others. But I'll give it a shot.

Overall "why" -- for each of these, I like listening to the song itself, and the video has great editing and well chosen scenes. If a video has a great song OR great editing, I'll enjoy watching it once, but I won't be likely to rewatch. (Which means that it has nothing to do with the talent of the video maker -- whether I like a song or not has nothing to do with how good a job the video maker did.) Only if a vid has both will it get on my "heavy rotation" list.

1. Kaethel's "My Immortal" -- it's like a movie; I can't even believe that videos can be this good.

2. Andrea's "Miss Independent" -- makes me smile every time; love kick-*** Lois. Perfect song for her character.

3. Andrea's "Holding Out For A Hero" -- it has everything. I called it the ultimate show pimping vehicle in my feedback and I still feel that way. Love that it has a lot of side characters, too, in funny moments.

4. PFB's "Halo" -- scared the heck out of me the first time I heard the song, but to my great shock, I found I was totally addicted by the second run through it. It's like a drug, this video.

5. Trenna's ... um, Trenna's ... aw, man, I have to pick ONE? The problem is, I like so many of the songs she uses! If I have to pick, though, it would be a toss up between "If You're Not The One" and "Never Gonna Leave Your Side" because the songs are so incredibly angsty and perfect for the S1/2 Clark that is featured. On the more romantic side, I often listen to "Baby Can I Hold You" because it's just so wonderful.

6. Molly's "It's All Been Done" -- yes, I know this makes 6 but I can't not include it. I never realized how much the song lyrics fit L&C until this vid. It's almost like it was written with the show in mind; spooky! Another one that always makes me smile. This one is just plain FUN.

Nuts, there are more, but I'm past my quota ...

Kathy (who has seen some videos listed in other responses that she hasn't watched before ... scurrying off to find them. New vids! New vids! Yippee!!!)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Okay... my list is..

1- Halo - For obvious reasons. This is the one who made me fall in love and get married to the author of the video. lol.. luv you rachel.

2- Bitch (Andrea's). I had not only to send her FDK but also e-m her.

3- Hey You by PFB. which is about Daniel. Okay I like the twisted vids.. sue me!

4- Who needs Sleep? (by Molly P) For obvious reasons too. I cant sleeeppppppp!

5- It's all been done. (By Molly P)... I love it.

There are many others that i would like to say that I really like: ones that are still not posted... (mmmsquirrel's and rachel's) and some that were posted (Breathe Easy, Complicated, Miss Independent, Halloween, How will I know,Invisible, With You,kiss, kiss kiss, Radame's letter, My immortal and Will i ever make it home among many others! Oh and dont forget trailers!!!)

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll only watch a music video if I like the music presented but I'll always watch the trailer of a beloved fic. I love them. I especially liked:

1) The Faux Pas Trailer.
2) The Standing at the Edge Trailer.
3) This Kiss.
4) Kiss You All Over.
5) With You I'm Born Again.
Special Mention: Save Me, Superman Trailer.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I cannot pick. None of mine are on my list; I wasn't particularly happy with them.

OH gee. I CANNOT PICK! Well I can only name some in no particular order...

Nope didn't work.

I tried that and I cannot do it so I am going to divide some of my favourites up. I know I may be getting too complicated and it isn't really what you wanted, but I seriously cannot pick 5. I'll have a fav and then I'll kill my computer by listening it too much and then my ears will soon start to hate it b/c I've listened to it too much. Then there are some where I need to be in a certain mood to hear....ugh. Alas, I cannot pick.

These are the first ones I ever watched....over and over and over and over (you get the picture) over a season. These are the ones I first fell in love with and still have a place in my heart - sigh :
- At the Beginning
- Glory of Love
- When I fall in love
- They're you'll be
- I'm your angel
- Fly me to the moon
- there was another one, but I cannot remember it!

Now in order to have a sence of control over my favourites I'm categorizing them into types of favs.

Ones that made me feel all warm and waffy (If I'm using that term correctly):

- Karen Ward's - Glory of Love:
As small, difficult, and awkard it is to listen/watch I still fell in love with this video. I loved the song when I first heard it as a kid and I still love it. It made me feel great.
- Andrea's At The Beginning - original version:
I've sung my praise of this video before - I want to say thanks again though.
- Lynn's Keep Me a Secret:
Such a fun video! I never heard the song prior to this video. It opened me to that and to scenes I had forgotten about. Thanks Lynn.
- Andrea's Valentine:
It has always been a wonderful song and when I saw the video it reminded me of it. Perfect lyric matching.
- Trenna's If you're not the one:
That made me just feel so good inside, touch of sadness. "why does you name resound in my head" that part was great.
When Clark was holding the ring - "why do I dream as you as my wife" - Poor Clark!
There's more but I should stop.

There have been some where there are parts that just stand out to me. Either the song is just fun/cool. Something seems to pull me in. It is not that they are better than the other ones that I loved, these ones have parts that I think are great. I'm not saying the rest of the video is razz . No I love it. I just want to point out b/c sometimes (dork I am) I just listen to that. laugh

- Andrea's Every little thing is magic:
In the beginning (not the song), before the song gets in that poppy 80s sound and it pans up to Lois. I don't know why, but I *love* that part.

-

Well this one was going under my 'favourite section part, but not anymore. These are the videos that make me...sad, weepy. They are sweet! Totally my favourites! Spread this around (to my brother and husband) and well I'll make a Lord Nor video to show my displeasure.

laugh goofy

- Trenna's - Never Going to Leave Your Side - The lyrics match the music wonderfully. THe first time I saw it I cried. I felt so bad for Clark. Now I'm trying to find the part that jumps out at me...I can't! It's great. I think the 'sad' parts hit me more than the later parts (the sad partss prior to begin with Lois). I'm watching it as I type. Now the whole thing is sad and getting to me. Great. It is wonderful. (I'm moving this too the 'sad' list).

- Demi's Fly:
The song has always sounded sad to me but I didn't know it existed prior to the discovery of this video. Thanks smile

These are my favourites to bring me up. They are just boom boom powerful.

- Andrea's Miss Independent:
I like because it shows Lois in the light I like to see her in. Strong and so on. I like that Lucy is in it. "She fell in love" When the motion of the song changes and the video reflects that in those few seconds - I enjoy that. I like how it seems like it just hit her...the love that is. The song seems to tell her story...or the clips suit the song.

- Psychofurball's - Halo. WUWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I feel like putting in peircings, dying my hair black again and putting in red streaks and banging me head and doing some slam dancin'. Don't mind me, I'm having a moment. He has to be the best Luthor ever. Though, they could have done his bald head better. When he was in his element, his office and such, he was good.

- Kiss Kiss - I like the beat! I think I've said stuff about it before.

- B*itch - thumbs up! And I understand it smile

- Lea's Complicated. A softer song, but it gets me going.

These are videos where I wasn't too sure about them, but please see comments on how I viewed them!

- Kiss (Prince) by Psychofurball: I was tramatized by being a kid in the 80s. Prince was one of the reasons. I thought he was full of himself and being clueless about music I didn't care for him. Now I see how different he was and made some an interesting sound, but I still think he is full of himself <grin>. This song is fun though and I get a kick out of it. I don't know if you intended it to be a 'get me movin' vid, but it does that too me. IT IS FUN!!! I like the way your vids are. Something out of left field and I'm a left feild type of girl. I hope you don't see that as a bad thing, but after seeing many ballads and country stuff, something with a little ... edge? is great. I'm happy to see more different stuff coming out! ie. Evanescene (by Kaethel), Soil... <jumping for joy over the rainbow of selection of videos here!!!>

Any thing that is a sappy ballad I've fallen for. If I was ever caught listening to them I would be endlessly teased. I've had stuff come off pause and start playing while friends are over and they just look at me in a stunned silence and then roll over and giggle until they don't have enough air. It is all in a good way though!!!!! Mind you I won't trade those moments for anything. Life is great. Video that have made people give me odd stares (not because of the video I guess, but b/c I'm listening to it! LOL - no offence intended). I may repeat myself:

- Jessica Simpson - I'm calling for Jessica Simpson.
- Celine Dion..anything involving her. Don't tell anyone that I have 3 of her CDs.
- I guess many of the vids I've metioned can fit here too!

Now these I find are just fun or have an interesting concept. That is why I like these:
- Who Needs Sleep by Molly
- It's All Been Done Before by Molly
- Hallowe'en by Psychofurball
- There was one that had to do with theatre??? and it had snippets of a bunch of older songs...?

I have not watched every single video. I'm a bit scared to watch every country one. But I am trying! Though some videos, in general, I have trouble veiwing like Molly's Show Me The River. It pauses every two second's and that's wreaks the mood. Hopefully I'll get it to work for me soon enough.
But then there's......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even get me started on trailers!!!!!! Those are just wow to me.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Maybe... Ones that I cannot live without:

In no particular order.

- Keep me a secret
- Glory of love
- In the beginning
- Either of the David Beddingfeil songs
- Valentine

I think!!! Ugh. Why? The pressure is too much.

I am not taking into account the trailers...

Merriwether
Merriwether
My brother says Halo is # 1 and there isn't a 4 through 5.

LOL

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you everyone for the very kind words about my music videos. It's a real treat on top of the fun of actually making them blush

I'm making some computer upgrades so I hope to get more involved soon. I really have had some ideas, just no time.

I love all Lois and Clark music videos and I'm knocked out by the talent of the Trailer videos as well.

I guess I'm partial to the music videos that are inspired by Fanfic. When a song inspires a Fanfic, I love to put the pictures with the words.

Of course I also love "Friends and Lovers" when Wendy wrote a Fanfic for it smile

I also love all the songs that L&C fans introduced me to. I'd never heard the Corrs, Daniel Bedingfield and others until songs were requested so thanks!

sloppy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I am too lazy right now to look up exactly who made each video, but my top three (too lazy to think of FIVE) in order are:

1. "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" - The video is what made me like the song all over again. The scenes correspond so well with the words. Now I cannot listen to this song without replaying scenes from L&C in my head. Perfect!

2. "Kiss You All Over" - I had never heard this song until I saw the video. It is so passionate and full of unrequited tension. Love it!

3. "Miss Independent" - First of all, Kelly Clarkson rocks with or without L&C, but put two of my favorites together, and you've got a winner. Plus I like that it's about Lois and all of her feisty ways.

Unfortunately, I haven't even seen half of the videos available, but I've got two weeks off right now to catch up. After I do that, I will post an addendum with my other two choices.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great strand! thumbsup

Well, I don't think I've seen every single one yet but I have seen quite a few, so here are mine (in no particular order):

-Annette's "I'm Too Sexy" because it's hilarious and I firmly believe that Clark really IS too sexy
-Andrea's "Time of Your Life" because it's unconventional...more like a memory album in the form of a vid and it has some cool footage in it that aren't episodes and I love that song and she did a great job
-Psychofurball's "Kiss Kiss" (which, by the way, still needs to be added to the TOCs, I believe)
because it's funny too, and it's comprised of scenes of one of my all-time favourite eps
-Lynn's "Hero" because it almost made me cry!
-Cathy's "Lois Lane" because I LOOOVE that song, and I can't find it anywhere, and her web site doesn't work anymore, so I can't contact her, so I'd really appreciate it if someone kindly sends me the song if they have it

And that's about it!

Mirage smile

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
(deleted)

Molly

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard