Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What did we say about Canada being inspiring? Well, the two ev... innocent ones strike again, courtesy of a song that's our latest obsession. We were listening to it one night and thought it'd be a good basis for a trailer for one of our favourite stories: Kathy and Demi's When Friends Become Lovers Soon enough, we were writing the storyboard, and here's the result. We hope you enjoy it!

When Friends Become Lovers (WMV)

Real Player version

Kathy, we wish you could have made it up here for a few days. It would have been a delight to meet you. Take this trailer as a thank you for the wonderful feedback you sent me for my very first video - you were so nice and encouraging that I'm going to blame you for getting addicted to video-editing... and getting my writing-partner addicted, too!

And to those of you who haven't read When Friends Become Lovers yet, RUN to the archive and tuck in for a fantastic ride! thumbsup

Wendy and Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh!

Oh, oh!

I have a trailer! I have a trailer!

Yay!!

Thank you so much, W & H, for doing this! What a wonderful surprise! And you used my favorite bedroom scene. smile1

Columnist
Columnist
Oh! Oh, oh, oh! It's done!!!

Wow! It turned out even better than I could have imagined. Fantastic job, you two. You're a good team.

And yes, it is a fantastic story, too, Kathy!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
drool ! Well done!! clap

Sara (who's thinking that Kae should just move to London, then we'd never run out of trailers laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow this is one of my favorite stories and now we have a trailer to it! YAY! That was wonderful Wendy and Helene. Very in sequence to how the story goes and the music I never heard before but it fit nicely. Good job! Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
WOW! A Wonderful trailer for one of my all favourite story! Great work Wendy & Kaethel, and Kathy & Demi!

Simona smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy and Kaethel

WOW, I'just discovered this trailer. smile
It's great. smile1

Tricia cool

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, that's what happens when the two of us find a new song to obsess about and listen to it... over... and over... and over... and over... and over (to the point of driving everybody else totally nuts with it goofy ). We therefore apologise to the gang for having to put up with Josh Groban over and over and over and over and over... again. It was only for the purpose of doing the trailer. What do you mean, the trailer is done and dusted and posted now? What do you mean, we can stop? Hey!! Don't touch that CD player! goofy

Seriously, thank you all so much for the nice feedback on this one! We hoped the whole love scene moment would turn out as we wanted it to be when we first wrote the storyboard, so we're delighted that you liked it!

And Kathy, for Ontario, there's always next time. wink It's not like that was my one and only trip there. laugh

Wendy and Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I love this trailer, thank you for made it. And I love this song. I guess it's "Remember when it rained" by Josh Groban. Have You the lyrics ? I'm french and I don't understand the lyrics when he sang, but if I can read them, I will know what he said. Please, if you have the lyrics, can you give them to me ?
And again, congratulations for that trailer, it's really great.

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you for your nice comments, Poussin. smile They're very much appreciated!

And you can find the lyrics here:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/joshgroban/rememberwhenitrained.html

Hey, I'm French, too! wave

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Thanks for answerring me. I really appreciate the links for the lyrics.
My comments are TOTALY justified. This trailer is really great, one of my three favourites (the others two are the trailers for "for the greater good", because it's my favourite fanfic - it's helps! ).
You're very talented. And thanks again for hep me findthe lyrics. It's nice.

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
You are from where, in Francia ?
I'am from Lille, in the Nord-Pas-De-Calais.

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Poussin, thanks again. smile The For The Greater Good trailer is one of my very favourites as well, so it's a *huge* compliment that you like ours as much as that one! Wow! blush

Taking the whole "we're both French" stuff to private email so we don't bug the rest of the board members with it. goofy

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Love the story, love the video.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Watched it again. smile Love that bed scene. Love the combo of the the song and clip when Lois is covered in wet cement.
Cool smile

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice video. thumbsup Can't believe this story hasn't been trailified before. To me, it's a benchmark.

Now if there were ones for Burnout and First Comes Marriage, my faith in the world would be restored. :p

Btw Kaethel, how is Near Wild Heaven II coming along? I consider the first one an absolute stunning fic only marred by the lack of closure.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Features Writer
Features Writer
WOW, first I read this wonderful story. And now I saw this fantastic trailer. I love it! Thanks a lot to all of you smile

Barb

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, guys!! smile At the moment, real life is keeping me horrendously busy (though not all for bad stuff smile ) so I haven't been writing or creating videos. However, your encouragement make me eager to get back to it, so thank you! smile

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Columnist
Columnist
I've read the story! It was really good!
So is the vid!! :p

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow ... a trailer to one of my top-10-favourite-stories and I only found it today ... tststs ... shame over me. The trailer is just beautiful clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard