Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
In case anyone is interested my latest videos are up. Since I interpret some songs differently, and give them a certain theme I don't expect everyone to understand where I'm coming from, but I've put them up anyhow.

http://www.creations.dreamhost.com

Andrea

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I downloaded and watched I Won't Lie. Another great video! thumbsup

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vertical Horizon...wow. The lyric/image matching was just incredible. I didn't realize how much of an L&C song that was til now!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree. I remember when that song first came out, I liked it, but I didn't associate it with L&C at all... and I was *always* doing that with songs. So the fact that you made it work is quite impressive, and now that I've seen the video I'm thinking "of course it works, why didn't I see that before?" So I guess the lesson to take away from this is, don't discount any song too quickly when you're thinking of making a L&C video... unless you just hate the song of course. smile

Molly
Columnist
Columnist
Hey nice work andrea, I really liked Everything you want. I wasn't so sure about that vid but once i seen it. I was like wow! She did make it work. Good work! Keep them up.

Rach thumbsup

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really enjoyed them Andrea. Wonderful job as usual. I could not get Bitch to work though. And I loved He says all the right things at Exactly the right time video. They wer all nice. I liked Madonna's Crazy for you also. You do a great job editing. Also Girls just want to have fun had a lot of really cute effects. Is that a special plug in you have? Are you using Adobe Premiere? Avid? Final Cut Pro? I am hoping to get a part time job with a videographer and learn more. I don't really have the intrerest in making Lois and Clark video, but I am glad you do because they are enjoyable to watch. Keep up the good work! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Laura, there was a problem with the link, it put http:// twice. I have now fixed it.

Thanks for letting me know there was a prob.

And I use Pinnacle 8.0 with special tranistions that cost about 200 bucks, but I want to do editing professionally one day so practicing with L&C helps me:)

Merriwether
Merriwether
More good vids, Andrea; thanks for sharing them with us!

I watched them both. I think I like the video of "I Won't Lie" better, even though I like the song "Everything You Want" more. I've always thought that "Everything" was a perfect S1 L&C song, though you took the video in a different direction than I would have expected -- I always think of it as Clark comparing himself to either Lex or Superman (or both), though that's not exactly how you approached it.

"I Won't Lie" was sweet ... never heard the song before (I don't listen to country as a rule) but it definitely fit our favorite couple's situation. smile

Thanks for posting!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Andrea,

I just watched 3 of your videos - I Won't Lie, Everything You Want, and Flying without Wings. I loved them all. Excellent work! Flying W/out Wings was totally unexpected, in that you included all the L&C characters, not just Lois & Clark. I really liked that - the scenes with Cat, both sets of parents, Jimmy and his dad, etc. Nice. I also *loved* Everything You Want. I've always liked that song, and I thought you did just an excellent job with it. thumbsup

I'll have to go watch your other videos, but my PC is so incredibly slow, it takes nearly 2 hours to download each video, so it may be awhile before I'm back with more feedback. Just to let you know, though, that I love your work!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Merriwether
Merriwether
I watched EYW and I enjoyed it. I liked that song when it came out and it reminded me of Lois. Clark looks so lovable in it. Sigh.

Oh great. My brother has come in while I am listening to the other vid. He is teasing me like mad.

"You are on that board again and you have not even been home 15 minutes!" blah blah blah blah.

He is teasing me that I am listening to a country-ish? song.

I'm going to watch some of the other ones I've missed now.

Thanks for more fun.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've just been re-reading what others have written, and this has got me thinking. Specifically,

I interpret some songs differently
and
I've always thought that "Everything" was a perfect S1 L&C song, though you took the video in a different direction than I would have expected -- I always think of it as Clark comparing himself to either Lex or Superman (or both)
I don't know if this is what you were referring to by "interpreting songs differently", but it made me stop and think. In this song, is the singer comparing himself to someone else, as Kathy seems to suggest, or is he referring to himself, as the video suggests? How did others interpret this song when they first heard it? Now I'm curious.

(For what it's worth, I always thought the singer was referring to himself, not to someone else. But now I'm wondering if *I* was interpreting this song differently, and if everyone else understands the person referred to as "he" to mean someone else.)

Or am I completely misunderstanding Kathy's comments and making a complete fool of myself?

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Merriwether
Merriwether
Interesting question, Vicki!

I think you understood my comments correctly -- I've always assumed the singer was talking from the POV of a friend who has to watch the woman he loves in bad relationships with other men when he knows he'd be perfect for her ... yet he means nothing to her. (He sings at first from a "neutral" standpoint about this woman at first, then admits in the last chorus that he is, in fact, talking about himself as being the heartbroken ignored one.)

I've honestly never considered that he might be referring to himself as the man she is currently dating -- now I need to listen to the song again and see if I can see that view of it. Can you help explain it to me, how you are interpreting it?

Kathy (ooo, discussing videos is as fun as discussing fanfic! <g>)

A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
What inspired me to do the Everything video the way I did was the whole thing about how she needed Clark, but desired Superman, and that she couldn't really love EITHER because she didn't really know who the real man was. "and I mean nothing to you and you don;t know why" b/c she doesn;t know the whole man, which is why I ended it with the beginning of WHALTTA b/c it's at that moment she realizes the man she wants and the man she needs are the same man. If that...even made sense. Which is why I used scenes where he's in reg clothes without glasses for "he means nothing to you and you don't know why" b/c that's the REAL Clark she doesn;t know and they reason she doesn;t know why is she can't know why b/c of the whole secret identity thing. Except for the last one where it's "I mean nothing to you" b/c that is when he was thinking of revealing that he was superman from ATAI...ok I may watch the show too much:)

I'm tired so I probably don't make much sense at all, but sometimes I get really into a song to the point where sometimes it only makes sense to me.

I'm sure I also confused people using a scene from the whole original UK, Columbia House, version of the pilot:)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Kathy - After listening to the song again, I can see where you are coming from. That the singer could be referring to a man she was dating, and then at the end say the same thing about himself. For some reason, when I first heard this song, at the end when the singer says "I'm everything you want...", I thought to myself, "Oh! He's been talking about himself!" But, you know, now that I read what you wrote, that makes sense, too.

Andrea - I loved the way you had the "real" Clark (ie. regular clothes, no glasses) be the one who means nothing to her, while Superman was "everything you want" and Clark was "everything you need". And then, at the very end, when he says "I'm everything..." I notice you switched it around. Clever. I liked it!

And, as long as I'm talking about your videos, last night I downloaded B*tch (5 out of 5 stars, for sure! thumbsup ) and Girls Just Want to Have Fun, which had me rotflol . Mindy Church filing her nails with her gas mask on was priceless. Great video!

- Vicki

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Andrea, its at times like these I thank god for that free upgrade to 1500DSL, lol. Thanks for making the vids, you did a great job!

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard