Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, sometime around the 4th of July, I started a new story that has grown and grown and grown...well, suffice it to say, it has taken over my whole life <g>. As I was first tripping over the ideas I had for scenes, I felt this incredible need to purge myself of the images that kept running through my brain. I needed a "feel" to express what I wanted this story to be. Something to go back to when I needed a reminder of what I wanted to accomplish.

So I stopped writing and spent a couple of days brain-dumping all of these images, hoping that then they would leave me alone. I ended up with a Teaser Trailer. Except I was so far from finishing I wasn't ready to tease anybody with anything. At least I had that "feel" that I'd wanted to capture...well, as best as I could with existing clips, anyway. wink

Since I hope to begin posting this within the next month, I'm ready to put the Teaser out there. I'm hoping that it'll give me that last spurt of energy to sprint for the finish.

Anyway, here it is. In both Windows Media Player and Real Media formats.
Haunting Eden Teaser Trailer - Windows Media Player Version
Haunting Eden Teaser Trailer - Real Player Version

Thanks to Elena and Annette for helping me get this uploaded. sloppy

Lynn

Edited to fix the trailer links

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Well color me intrigued! I can't *wait* to see this story you have brewing smile

Post soon!

wildguy wildguy wildguy

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, wow. eek Well, you've certainly caught it for me, Lynn! That clip at the end is just too shuddery for words, given I'm beta reading this and know the context. <whimper>

If I wasn't already deep in reading it on the edge of my seat, I'd want to! goofy

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow.

That's it exactly. In every way. And it perfectly fits this fic that I've had the enormous pleasure to read. I'll go on record as saying it is absolutely the Best Thing Ever, and that it nearly killed me.

CC (going back to hide under the bed and fret for the next part)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lynn

WOW! This is brilliant. notworthy notworthy

The atmosphere you create is amazing. It's definitely haunting, very eerie!! eek

When are you going to start posting?? grovel grovel
I can't wait to read it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Wow! Wow!
The music... the images... the story--? Post it soon! ;-)
Amazing! --Wanda thumbsup thumbsup

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow... eek... sob... sniff...

Amazingly powerful stuff, Lynn, and I hope you'll understand if I don't read it until it's done and I can go straight on to the happy ending.

There's going to *be* a happy ending, right? Right??

I don't suppose you'll tell me <sigh> but I'll figure it out eventually...

PJ
at Annette's place with Wendy & Chris <g>

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Lynn, you had better be ready to post this soon!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

If I had anything even halfway decent to offer, I'd be threatening to hold it hostage until you post this... but I don't, so you'll just have to go with begging grovel and pleading hail and mini-threats spider and pathetic, plaintive stares [Linked Image].

So POST!!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> peep (about to download the trailer and already jumping up and down in excitement... or I would be if there was no... spider *that*... around)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, God. I just *knew* this was going to be good, but that last look of Clark's, while he's strapped to that contraption, totally shook me to the core. I'm almost scared to watch it again, it's that powerful.

And now my nerves are all jangly just in case something happens for a) the story not to be finished soon enough, b) the story not to be finished at all, c) the story not to be posted fast enough, d) the story to be posted too fast for me to keep up, e) me not to be able to read the story when it's posted...

Can you tell how much I want to read this yet?

Yvonne
(strapping in for the biggest emotional rollercoaster ride of the year)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, that just scared the hell out of me!

/me goes to join CC under the bed ... come and get me when it's safe, OK?

You are just too gosh darn good at these trailers, Lynn! (And too gosh darn good at these dark stories that I'm too much of a wimp to read. wink )

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
You know, it just occurred to me that I really wouldn't want to poke around in Lynn's head. Must be an awfully scary place! laugh

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, it just occurred to me that I really wouldn't want to poke around in Lynn's head. Must be an awfully scary place!
Ahem... Ms Connell?

Look who's talking!!! eek

Pam and Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow Lynn..

I'm joining the party late here but add me to the under-the-bed contingent..yikesee!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another thing occurred to me about this - it's a pretty decent homage to DC's acting ability. I haven't always been that impressed with his abilities, especially in S1 and early S2, but some of the stuff you see here is darned powerful!

Yvonne
(Pam and Wendy, the inside of my head is all warm and fluffy and full of happy, skippy thoughts, I'll have you know! laugh )

lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, wow! Thanks so much for the feedback. This is kind of what I needed at this point in the story - something to kick-start my muse square in the butt. Now I have not only a reason to finish but a whole posse of people who will remind me when I haven't!

Have to say that sometimes I do frighten myself with what comes out of my head in regards to forcing our favorite characters down the road of pain and suffering. I always thought that Stephen King must be a scary man to know. And while I'm not even on the same planet as he is creatively, at least now I can sympathize with him a bit - he's not really an ax murderer. He just likes to pretend to be one on paper. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
Merriwether
Woweeeeeeeeeeeee. Thatwassofreaky. I always wanted to see some sort of video including that song. (That was in my pre-Folc days - Non LnC vids).

It was just perfect. I have always loved that stare that the Clone-Superman did. Though, I'm assuming in this case is just regular ol'CK-SMan.

I can hardly wait for the fic. Though it does look heart breaking. I love an emotional rollercoaster! thumbsup I seem to gravitate towards pre-marriage fics w/o even realizing it, but I am making a conscious effort not to ignore this one.

Spook me out girl!!!! eek Go for it!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This looks like an awesome story, Lynn!! eek

And, may I say, this was one of your best trailers, imho thumbsup

Go write!! wildguy wildguy wildguy
AnnaBtG. (who would love to be in Lynn's head)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh. my. god.

best trailer EVER!

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......... jawdrop

Taking the day off to catch up on a few things, and... whoooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Lynn. eek Not only is that a really, really fantastic trailer, but just from watching it I know it's going to be one heck of a wonderful story! Can't wait!!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard