Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi smile
Last month I made two new L&C music videos, but they were never posted anywhere. Well, they're available now.

Who Needs Sleep?
by Barenaked Ladies
and
It's All Been Done
by... Barenaked Ladies

(Yeah I went a bit crazy with their "Stunt" album. My first video, back in my "Hook Two VCRs Together and Hit Record" days, was to their song "One Week")

They're both available here:

http://www.folccentral.dreamhost.com/musicvideos.html

Disclaimers, etc. are on the site. smile Thanks!

Molly
Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved your video "who need sleep" the chapter read scene was really cool. i dont know how you remember all these things... girl, you have a gift. Keep them coming. pleeeeeaseeeeee.

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow you are awesome..Loved 'It's All Been Done'!

MORE! clap clap

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow! I LOVED It's All Been Done! I laughed at the beginning with the door slamming, and I really loved it the back to back shots where Martha is holding Clark for the first time, and then when Lois is holding the baby in Family Hour.

Cheers!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks so much for the comments! smile I really appreciate them. I'm hoping to have another video done by the end of August, but who knows what'll happen. laugh But thank you for the encouragement.

Molly
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi there, thumbsup

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Mad Dog Lane:
If I can make a comment...in "it´s all been done" you showed a scene of Lois proposing to Clark, Why not including the one he was proposing to her? and the one you showed her on the window.. she did that in Virtually destroyed too. LOL ...it´s been all done before... wink
Hi, I don't mind comments at all. smile I tried to do two things with the video -- lyric matches in some spots, and then repetition of things that happened over and over.

I used the scene where Lois proposes to Clark because he touches her cheek in that scene, just as he did in all the other scenes I used (and I even left out some scenes from the series where he does that, whoops!) The cheek-touching was in response to the lyrics, "If I put my fingers here...." which I'm sure you noticed but... putting her proposal and his proposal (both) in the video would have been great. Good suggestion! smile There were a lot of things I wanted to put in the video but there just wasn't room. I was going to put in more door slams... and in the early stages of planning I was toying with the idea of using "Twas the Night Before Mxymas" clips (for obvious reasons wink ). Just didn't happen.

As for Lois by the window, in THAT particular spot in the video, I was going for lyric matches mostly. "Alone and bored on a thirtieth century night." In the two prior shots, she's alone, in the third, she's alone again but then it cuts to the night sky, so that just fit. I totally could have done a window montage, but Andrea already did that justice in her "Watch Me Shine" video (at the end). (She's done door slamming justice, too, but she said I could nab that idea from her just this once.) wave

Molly
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi, wave thanks for replying so fast.

I´ve noticed everything you said. Your ability to mix lines, lyrics and images is incredible. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Another suggestion...if you don´t mind.

Would you accept a challenge? well it is more of a request actually... but i would die to see a version of yours to "A little less conversation"
maybe working on pictures of Perry.(Elvis true fan) .. but I understand that in Lois and Clark that would be absolutely amazingly funny..

hey... a little less conversation a little more action please... wink

that would be the funniest thing to watch.. laugh

See you around. wave

MDL.

Columnist
Columnist
I loved your videos, My fave was "It's all been done". Can't wait to see more of your videos.
thumbsup

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Merriwether
Merriwether
Catching up on vids and I noticed yours for the first time. Great job, Ems! I really enjoyed all three of yours -- My Baby Loves Me (I've always thought that would be a great L&C song, but you did it even better than I had in my mind!), Who Needs Sleep (I think the funniest was where Jimmy wakes up with the papers stuck to his face <g>) and of course, It's All Been Done (which was such a clever idea, I can't even say).

Great job with all of them. I hope you make more ... you do fantastic work. smile

Kathy (who also liked your disclaimer about not distributing them <g>)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what Kathy said! smile Loved all three of these -- at the moment, I think my favorite would be "My Baby Loves Me" but that's subject to change without notice goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a little extra note that might amuse you, Ems... I showed the "Who Needs Sleep" video to my son, and he adored it <g> He watched it at least seven times in a row -- the exploding pillow scene seemed to be his favorite. wink He's right, too; it's a brilliant lyric/image match thumbsup

PJ
newly addicted to videos

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
That's great to hear he likes it, Pam. smile

In all honesty, sometimes things in videos just happen accidentally, and the pillow thing happened to be one of them. I had thrown in a bunch of sleeping scenes in the early stages of working on the video, and was working on trimming them and putting them in their proper spots, when I just decided to let the video play as it was. What a mess. But the exploding pillow happened to be right at that point in the music, and I just busted out laughing because it worked so perfectly. So it stayed. I wasn't so lucky with any other scenes in that run-through though. smile

Beat matches will often be accidental too. You can plan them, but boy can that be difficult. It's kind of nice when at least ONE thing just works out for you.

Molly
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just watched the who needs sleep one. HAHA that is so cool. I have a soft spot for the BNL (CDN, that's why) and their stuff makes me laugh. I liked the combo together. Gee, there are a lot of bed/sleep/can't sleep stuff in LnC isn't there! I loved how you opened and closed the video. Those scenes where perfect!!! I'm going to go and watch it again.

LATER - I just watched the other one - its all been done before.... The scene snipits and lyrics fit together so well! WOW! Again, with this one, you found a new twist to remember LnC instead of pure angst/lovey dovy songs. I have nothing against those types (I've only done those and some of my favs are those), but it is really cool to see something different! This gives us a chance to see other episode bits! Also, the ending was very inventive. I love a good opening and closing. I like the finality of it.

Again, WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.....I'll stop now.

WOW.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard