Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239962 07/15/04 06:40 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Re: The Butterfly Legacy Fan Fic.

Hello...maybe this might have a spolier...I don't know yet. (EDIT - I put in two quotes that appear in the story and a few elements of the story.)

I'm really hesitant to post this...please don't laugh. whinging

(edit) p.p.s. I just read the subject heading and it made me laugh.... butt, leg...LOL. Okay maybe I'm the only one that found that funny. blush

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sounds to me like you have all the creative juices you need, Roo!! Why not go for it - you know we won't laugh; everyone has to start somewhere and I hear that it's easier to do than you might think. There are plenty of seasoned 'directors' <G> around who'll be delighted to give you help and advice on the mechanics if you need it, so don't be afraid to ask!

Go, girl!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for your comments smile
and I'm blushing blush .

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Roo!! I can't tell you how utterly flattered I am. You've gone to so much trouble, and it sounds like what you have and your plans for this video are simply wonderful.

I had no idea whatsoever how anyone would manage to make a trailer for BL - Gillian being a key character who no one has ever actually seen and of whom no video footage exists. I kind of equate this to CC's 'When the World Finds Out' - a story that I'd love to make a trailer for but can't begin to find a way to portray Lois and Clark in their fifties so have pushed out of my brain <g>. But you certainly have come up with some amazing ideas how to incorporate her. I also like the jungle ideas and the Colombian music. This video will probably show me things about my story that I hadn't even imagined. BTW - it's a blue morpho butterfly. And if you end up somehow with images of people making adobe bricks, I think I'll have to build a little shrine to you as the uber trailer maker <g>.

I agree with Lab - if you have the time and your computer deigns to cooperate, keep going. I can't wait to see the end result, even if it takes some time.

Thanks so much for all of your efforts. Just...wow!! /me feels humbled and promises never to write stories that have original characters in them again <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
And if you end up somehow with images of people making adobe bricks, I think I'll have to build a little shrine to you as the uber trailer maker <g>.
LOL! How will that look next to the monument you built to...Paul, was it?...for being the Superman ubergeek? <g>

I, too, am looking forward to this trailer tremendously. Sounds like you've got some great ideas, and thank you for being sensitive to readers who've already built up their own mental image of Gillian smile That's always one of the worrying aspects about going to see the film of a book you know inside out, isn't it? You know exactly what these characters look like, and then some director gets it into his head that the male lead ought to have (for argument's sake) blue eyes and long blond hair, when you know he has brown eyes and jet black hair. Who is this impostor, you cry, and then, before you know it, half the film is over while you've been trying to reconcile yourself to this blue-eyed, blond monstrosity. <g>

Yvonne smile

Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I understand what you mean Yvonne about the latter part of your post.

Oh my goodnes....I'm so nervous now! I do hope I can upgrade faster.....if not oh well. I want to learn to put together my own computer around Christmas. I'll keep trying. I'm having diffulties with changing media into different formats, but hey it is fun learning.

I dooooooooooo hope I get it completed. My story board is getting out of hand and I am frightening myself. I'm afraid it will look so goofy. Though...I am having fun!!! Thank you for the encouragement. I've been asking questions and researching and so on since the story sections where coming out. I had a virus problem and it corrupted some of my files. I'm hoping none of DC or my vids. ACK. OH well something else to learn to fix.

I am so reading it again. I love that story.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard