Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
WHOA! Two new trailers - wonderful!!! thumbsup

Lynn, the Kidnapped! trailer is just amazing! Perfect music, absolutely spot-on clips and the narration reminded me of everything I loved about the story. I especially love the way you knit together the bit from Lois and Clarks with Alt-Clark looking up into Lois's bedroom with a little clip of Lois and Clark in bed together, making it look as if he's seeing them. Just perfect! clap

Thank you both!!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
<thud!> <----------Yvonne collapsing in an stunned heap on the floor.

Lynn, that was just amazing!!!! How did you know those were some of my favourites scenes from the show? And to use them so effectively to highlight the story...I'm totally in awe. Then there was the inspired way you depicted the Kryptonian war that altClark went through - using all those clips from the Kryptonian arc - and how you showed his nightmares at Lois and Clark's. All so clever and so very effective. Wow.

My only regret is that my trailers make it so abundantly clear that my stories are kind of...well...depressing. wink No-one ever seems to smile in the trailers <bg>.

But seriously, I'm really delighted with this, Lynn. Not to mention that you topped it off some music from Sting smile ))

Okay, I'll stop gushing now.

(Wow.)

Okay, I'm really stopping now.

W...no, I'll shut up. Honestly.

Yeah, really.

You see, it was just so...

/me gags self.

Mph! Mph, mph, mph!

Yvo-(wow)-nne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Absolutely stunning, Pel and Lynn!!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I get to gush now!

Pel!!!!!! I love it! hyper

Can I just say, I didn't have any idea how you might be able to even come close to finding images that so perfectly caught some of my weird stories, but you not only did it but you crammed in so much as well. And I love that song - it really seems to sum up a running theme I'm finding that I prefer - someone is always afraid of what they are feeling at any given moment <g>.

So thank you so much!! It is wonderful. You just keep getting better and better and better. Add that to working under deadline pressure and I think you are ready to head west to Tinsel Town!

Can't wait to see the next one in line smile smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mecry Inspired imagery for the New Kryptonian section of this one, Lynn! Wow. And Pel...well, you're a genius. What more can be said? laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pel and Lynn

I've just watched Kidnapped, and Lynn and Elle's BNA trailers. smile1

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, there is not much to add to the previous posts. These trailers are just awsome, breathtaking and absolutely amazing. Just...wow! thumbsup

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! Another new trailer! Another great one, Lynn. smile

Fantastic work. clap

I hope to see more again soon. These trailers are just as addictive as fic. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
GREAT job on EM - P2 Lynn!!

Another trailer to enjoy over and over again!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh! Oh! Oh! The EM2 video is FANTASTIC!! Oh, gosh, what a grin I have on my face right now. You nailed it perfectly with the words, the screen clips and that great song! (What is the song, btw?)

Great job, Lynn! I loved Chris's story -- one of those that really sticks with you, long after you've finished it -- and now I get to love it again through the trailer. smile

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

Wonderful, Lynn!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Lynn...

Thank you.

Thank you!

Thank you!

I managed to sneak a peak at the EMII trailer today, and I am... well, flattered, gob-smacked, chuffed, in awe, delighted, honoured... all the above and more.

I can't believe how you managed to find so many clips that fit the story. Given that CJ is not Superman, I really couldn't imagine a way to do it. Those Luthor clips were terrific, the Lois and CJ bits so carefully chosen, and the words you used...

Next time I write an epic, you can write the summary for the archive, all right? Your words made me want to read the story!

What else can I say other than you've quite made my day. laugh

Chris

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lynn, you've done it once again - created an amazing trailer which really does capture the essence of the story so well. thumbsup Sheer brilliance!

Again, the narrative is perfect. The clips you chose were just perfect too! CJ's mad dash, Lois's look of fear; the two of them working together; CJ dressed in black; CJ flying in his own clothes - all fitted the story so well. And the piece de resistance was Luthor: those clips of him looking smug and self-satisfied as he puffed on his cigar added just that touch of menace to the trailer.

Loved it!! clap

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
AMAZING job on Yellow Fever Pel!!

I just read the story recently and man did you NAIL it!! smile1 I really loved the dialogue bits you put in there. PERFECTION!

BRAVO!! clap clap clap

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
EMII was great! Yellow Fever... fantastic. I wondered how you'd pull that off. Great job! MORE!!!!!!!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So, so wonderful! Incredible!!! thumbsup clap

Ines notworthy notworthy

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Well, there's not much left to say...
thumbsup thumbsup

I especially liked Kidnapped, EM2 (PLEASE tell me: what's the song???) and now Yellow Fever.

Thank you so much for sharing those incredible trailers with us,

Julia

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I loved the trailer for Yellow Fever, Pel. I absolutely adored it. It gave me tingles up and down my spine.

I'm actually fairly certain that the trailer is better than the story laugh .

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Pel!!! Once again, you've just totally blown me away. The trailer for Yellow Fever is just amazing. Well worth the wait inflicted upon us by your unfortunate technical difficulties. The images and the soundbytes - whoever would have guessed that throughout the entire show, Clark was so paranoid?! And you know how I feel about the music - I just love how you choose the very best score and top it off with a song all about becoming a weapon. Wonderful!!

This sure was fun. Next year, I'm game for doing it all again. Especially if we are blessed with another batch of such amazing stories to work from. To all of the writers - thanks for being so inspirational. I'm sure that throughout this upcoming year, many more trailers will join those already made because we have no shortage of stories to work with <g>.

For those asking - the song on the EM II trailer is "Proud" sung by Heather Small. I got my version from the Queer As Folk Season 1 Soundtrack. I'm not sure where else it might be found.

Thanks again to everyone who watched and enjoyed and provided us with such enthusiastic feedback!
smile smile smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Job on Yellow Fever Pel, I was waiting for that one and you did in fact nail it. Yellow Fever was my favorite long story this whole year and you did great justice with your trailer.

How do you guys do this stuff? Where are you getting the TBS clips?

If I could watch Lois and Clark on my computer I'd be the happiest fan ever.

These trailers are the closest and best substitutes I could hope for.

Good on ya Pel!

TEEEEJ

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard