Print Thread
#239457 02/22/04 10:49 AM
Elena Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Guess what? Yup!! New trailer !!!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW!!

You've made me speechless again, Pel. This is incredible! And it definitely does Lynn's fantastic story justice. The snippets of film together with the narration do a fantastic job of creating a sense of panic. Really, really wonderful! goofy

Can't wait for the rest of the Best Overall trailers!!!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow.

Oh wow.

THAT WAS SO COOL!!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy

I was not going to read this fic at all, but now I absulutely HAVE to read it!

Do you see what a service you and your trailers do for Folcdom? wink

Again, Wow!
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, I re-read Save Me, Superman because of Pel's trailer.

This one is just amazingly good. I think it's the music which makes it so powerful - that, plus the brilliant use of snatches of dialogue and the even more brilliant use of pauses...well, hiatuses (hiatusi???) really. Everything stops for a moment, then slam! The powerful assault on your emotions.

Wow.

Yvonne

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, this trailer is great! notworthy notworthy notworthy Definitely captures the mood of the story.

I just recently read "rage" and loved it.
/me is alway up for a good drama. blush I think I have to go back and read it AGAIN. Gee, there's SO much to read since the Kerth nominations came out. Oh well, good thing I don't have school right now. laugh

Julia

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm still speechless after having watched this at least two dozen times!

Pel - you have just totally captured the mood and the feeling I was trying to convey in this story. The tension and the turmoil Clark is going through. Every image is perfect, as well as the verbage you used in the title cards. Also the music and the colors. All of it is so appropriate. I love it!!!

And I am so honored that you used my story to make one of your trailers. It's very clear from the responses to these amazing trailers that people are inspired to read stories they may have otherwise skipped - I think all of us writers are going to have to start paying you an advertising fee <g>!

Really, Pel. Thank you so much. It is wonderful. Amazing. Fantastic. Yes, I'm gushing. I can't help it. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow! I'm telling you, all these fics I have to start reading just because of the trailers! Great job!

JD smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOWSA! eek

Soooooooooo great! Perfect clips, music and text...LOVE it!!

You are very talented, keep up the FABulous work!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
WOW, Pel! smile1

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow, that was breathtaking, absolutely fabulous!! thumbsup And please keep them coming (stories and trailers)! smile

Ines

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
<lol> Ahm... well, this certainly came as a surprise. I was so sure I wouldn't manage to pull this off. but as long as I didn't ruin Lynn's *fabolous* story, I'm happy! smile1

And Lynn, thank you for letting me make this one! smile

Oh, and Ines: I'm sorry about that.. I knew some people would find it difficult - heck, *I* would, too - but did I mention how I do *not* know anything about making videos? laugh Seriously, I have no idea whatsoever to what I'm doing. I just wanted the commands "zoom in", but then the text "landed" to slow, then I couldn't have the sound effect of a *bam!*. So, I sped it up. Then the 'bam' fit in, but then the text wouldn't even stay that long on the screen.

Then I tried to upload the *finished trailer* in the program, and than add an extra effect over: slow it down after the fast zoom. But not only did that mess up the entire timeline, got the *bam!* in Lois's line, it also looked really funny when I froze it.. smile1

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know, Pel, I knew you were working on this, and for the life of me I could not figure out how you were going to depict this internal struggle with clips of the show and music...

This is just wonderfully brilliant. The music, the text, and the unexpected assortment of images which bring the story across so well.

Hats off! You have really produced a fantastic piece of work. You're an artist.

The story, itself, wasn't so bad, either, was it?<g>

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Columnist
Columnist
Awesome job, Pel! And awesome story, Lynn!

Irene
wondering how to get a bribe to Pel so that she might consider Irene's stories....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Pel, this is utterly fantastic! goofy

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just beautiful, Pel! And wow, so powerful.

I know it's silly, but I love the pelican at the beginning. smile

Not much else to say except thanks for sharing, and I do hope there are more to come. laugh

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
It just amazes me, Pel, how you think of all these clips from the series and then scramble them up to come up with a trailer for a story. You have a real talent. Another job well done.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You know, Pel, I knew you were working on this, and for the life of me I could not figure out how you were going to depict this internal struggle with clips of the show and music...
<lol> Well, I think - as long as Clark isn't disguised as a chicken, Lois is not a grumpy teenager or the story is about Perry's first days at the Planet - I think any story can be "eligible" for a trailer. And if I can't figure it out: the images will come and haunt me during the night <g>, and I'll know it in the morning. wink

Irene
wondering how to get a bribe to Pel so that she might consider Irene's stories....
<LOL> Sure: fund raising for the pelicans starts now! smile1

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I hope it's never too late for feedback...

Amazing trailer, Pel!! I loved it, it's a masterpiece!!

I'm glad you now have a motive to make more smile

Keep up the good work!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

P.S.: Oh, and what a cute pelican in the beginning! See? Now we know who made the trailer, although it doesn't say anywhere 'By Pelican'. Great idea!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard