Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, it was the Monday after Kerths. I was just sitting around, minding my own business and thinking that maybe I ought to consider retirement since pretty much nothing I could do from here on out could top this year's Kerths. When suddenly, I received an e-mail from my good friend LabRat.

She must have known that I was needing a break from writing and, being the true friend that she is, figured she had just the thing to distract me. She whispered a song title in my ear, suggested that it might make a pretty good music video and didn't I want to give my hand at trying one of those? And to further kick my muse in the butt, she even sent along the song with some brilliant suggestions of images that might work well with the lyrics (and something about lots of smoochies <g>).

A little over a week later, our first collaborative music video was born! The song is Keep Me a Secret by Ainslie Henderson. It's just fun. No angst at all. I promise wink

Keep Me A Secret - Windows Media Player Version
Keep Me A Secret - Real Video Version

Thanks Lab! Let's do this again. And thanks, Annette, for getting these up so fast <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
abe Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Wow! This is great! smile1

The images you used fit perfectly to the song. It was brilliant the way you incorporated the villains. The smoochies were a plus as always. I enjoyed this one tremendously. thumbsup

Lynn and Lab, I'm amazed with your versatility and abundance of talent. More please. laugh

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay!! I've been playing the 'preview' you sent me repeatedly, Lynn, and have just about worn it out.

Lynn is very generous here, but I do have to point out that my input on this was minimal. I fell in love with this song after finding it on the net recently (and, being that I loathe and detest all forms of reality TV I'm trying bravely to ignore the fact that it hails from Fame Academy <cringe>).

The song is about keeping a love affair secret, of course. But every time I played it I thought of other secrets. Of Clark having to keep Superman a secret. Of his continued concern that a relationship with Lois might be something to keep a secret, in case it attracted the wrong kind of attention and put her in danger... Hmmmmmmm....

After the Kerths, it seemed to me that since Lynn had finished work on trailers she quite obviously had nothing to do goofy , so I mailed her to ask if she fancied trying her hand at music vids instead. Just out of a concern that she might be bored, you know.

To my surprise, she didn't mail me back with 'go away and leave me alone', but told me she'd played the song and now couldn't get it out of her head. goofy

Lynn might call this a collaboration, but really she did all the real work on this one - the talent is all hers.

And wow! You did this one justice and more, Lynn! Way beyond my expectations! Thank you! It's brilliant! thumbsup Annette for providing the links.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
WOW, Lynn! smile1 I look forward to your next one.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I hope that little Rat whispers in your ear regularly!! wink

Great collaboration on this you two! thumbsup

Wonderful choices that go along so perfectly with that catchy song! I think I'll be humming all day!

~Liz (off to save that video and find that song for her iPod)

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Lynn clap clap clap

You used an amazing amount of interesting, new footage. It's so fun to watch and go...oh yeah, I forgot about that scene....and as you can imagine, I've poured over a lot of scenes
laugh

Great Job!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
For some reason, lately anything I want to download just stops downloading before downloading is finished. (Did I just make up a tongue-twister?)

Still, I managed to watch more than half of your video, Lynn, and I found it a great song, with an amazingly fitting combination of pictures and stunning quality!

Hope to see more from you soon!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Lynn Your soooooooo talented! Man I wish I had half of your talent! Keep making these music videos! Your Amazing!!!!!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Can I say talented?!!!! I absolutely love it. Why?
The way the words and scenes match up.
Use of clips not used usually.
Smoothness of the transitions between clips.
I could go on but I have to go to work. (I wanted to write something b/c I don't know when I'll get a chance to next)

YOU ROCK!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd never heard the song, but now I can't get it out of my head.

And I love what you did with it, Lynn. It's put together like one of your fics, seamless and smart.

I have always had a fondness for the 'character' of Lois's door in the series. Really, really enjoyed seeing it used here to such great effect.

Ok. When's the next one?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, thanks, CC, for posting about this so that I finally decided I should check it out... <g> This is fabulous, Lynn! The song's a new one on me, but I like it -- the line "keep my kisses off your lipstick" cracked me up <g> And the visuals are great.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard