Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Elena Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Drumroll, please! smile1

Oh, and do I need to tell you to go read the masterpiece (an n-fic version is available too!) that inspired this wonderful trailer? Do I really need to?!? No? Good! thumbsup

notworthy Lynn! notworthy Yvonne!

Elena

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Holy smokes..... WOW!!!!!!!!!!! smile1

ps: What's the name of that song?

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fantastic trailer, Lynn!! The images are just perfect for the story! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry, I ran out of smileys, but I just so have to add more guys like these:

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

EDIT: Lynn, you don't mind that from now on I ask you for advice on my future trailers, no? <G>

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Fantastic, Lynn. I'm very impressed. I'm so glad more people are trying their hand at this. I just utterly adore these trailers and can't wait until my next fix. <G>

Good job! thumbsup

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I love this trailer! thumbsup thumbsup

It's good to get more trailers from various... um... 'trailer-makers' <G> Keep up the good work, Lynn smile

See ya soon,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
You caught it perfectly, Lynn. Captured the mood and the agony just right.

What a great read, what a great trailer.

Awesome.

CC

what's the song? I'd never heard it. Loved it.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darn it... I want to see the trailer, but I don't want to see "agony." peep I've been too chicken to even read the story, and visual images can pack more of a punch sometimes...

Make more trailers, Lynn, of happier stories! <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Did I say 'agony'?

No, no. That is not what I meant at all!

What I meant was Lynn captured the...um...a-go-ny.
As in, " ah, go and read this fic, it's nyeat."

And see the trailer, too.

CC(sorry about the mix-up)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Um...do you have a RealPlayer version? I have a hard time with WMV files. (For some reason, Windows Media Player locks up my computer. I also have WinAmp, but it either won't play the trailers or it just plays the audio.) help

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK - Thank you all so much for your nice comments. This trailer was so much fun to do - I loved this story and couldn't wait to try to make one of these. Pel's were so amazing I wanted to give it a try, and I owe a lot to her inspiration.

Speaking of...

Pelican - Thanks!!!!! As the Mother Inventor of these fun little trailers, your praise means so much to me. My goal when I was doing this was "is this as good as one of Pel's?" and you can even ask Wendy - it's what I asked her when I sent another one I was practicing on to her for her opinion <g>. (She sent me back to the drawing board as all good betas do, telling me I still had a little way to go to get up to your standard!)

BTW - the song I used is called "Dancing Barefoot" by U2. It's on the Best of U2 1980-90 Album.

Pam - Yes, the story is major angsty but soooooo good, it's worth the heartache. I have to confess that I did try to capture as much angst as I could visually, but still, go ahead. Take a chance. It's a new year, after all <g>.

CC - You crack me up!!! And watch out - Clark Uncaged is on my list of victims <g>.

Queen - I think Annette is going to post this to Annesplace.net and she will post both a Windows Media and a Real Player version - should be available in a day or so. I can't make a Real Player version :-((( Sorry.

Thanks again, for taking a look.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent job, Lynn!

I was afraid all of those trailers coming out will be of stories I didn't read yet. Turns out, I'm not that much behind. laugh (Still have to read Masques, though.)

I really like your smart use of visuals, like the box, that we know originally contained the globe, but the way he opens it and the glow... I feel like it's straight out of the story.

Captures everything, all the angst, all the things Clark goes through. Great work!

Pam, I think after leading us through Tryst believing Lois was dead, you shouldn't be afraid of a little angst. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I haven't read the story yet but I enjoyed the trailer very much! I'm glad more people are jumping into the ring with these -- they are so fun!

Pam, go for it ... we angst-chickens can still enjoy it. <g>

Thanks for spending your time on this, Lynn! Great!

Kathy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lynn

WOW! This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, my very own trailer! And what a trailer - I love it, as you know, Lynn. The song is perfect (hey, I even listened to the lyrics, which I almost never do laugh ), the visuals are great (you even had a box for the kryptonite!), and I love the way you used quotes from the story. I tell you, these trailers from you and Pel are a darn site better than a lot of the trailers you see in the cinema. Often I find those too long, too loud, and containing so much of the story, you don't feel you need to see the film.

Only one criticism - where's George? laugh

Yvonne

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great job by Lynn!

For all those who need a real media version of the trailer, you can visit the offical trailer page:

http://www.nfanfic.net/juliefic/authors/trailers.html

thumbsup to Lynn

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
notworthy notworthy notworthy Lynn, it's fantastic! Love it, love it, love it! And now that we have two very talented trailer-makers, it means we're going to get one trailer a day, right? Please please please?

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Did I say 'agony'?

No, no. That is not what I meant at all!

What I meant was Lynn captured the...um...a-go-ny.
As in, " ah, go and read this fic, it's nyeat."
rofl! You shouldn't do that to me, CC... I read this last night, when I was up too late and already a little loopy (a combination of sleep-deprivation and fun on IRC) -- I had trouble *breathing*! goofy

I'll probably watch the trailer sometime soon. Especially if Kathy says it's okay. But um, right now, I, ah... have to go sort some socks wink

And Julie, having Lois dead in Tryst wasn't angsty to *me*! I knew exactly what was going on the whole time laugh

PJ
who can dish it out better than she can take it!

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Lynn that was SUPER! Great job, it really fit Yvonnes story. Good choice of music. You really went along with the sound track too! I am impressed. I think it is great that you guys have come up with yet another way to add spice to the world of Lois and Clark, despite the series being over a long time ago. Keep those trailers coming! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great job, Lynn. I like the way you used the video effects. Great choices of scenes!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Lynn, I was away for most of the weekend, and see what I missed! That'll teach me to go out of town...

This is fantastic! Ditto everyone with their praise - you have done a wonderful job of capturing the mood of the story. And I love how the image of Lois is from a moment that she shared with alt-Clark smile ...

Simply marvelous. hyper

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

I've saved it safely away for later.

Great to hear that you've added a new string to your already very talented bow, Lynn! But even though you're a roaring success...don't give up the day job, will you! <G>

LabRat smile (who isn't greedy, she just wants lots more stories and trailers from you....it's not much to ask!)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just realized I hadn't commented on the new trailer yet. Bad me!

It's amazing, Lynn! The trailer really captures the essence of the story. Full with angst. And the song fits everything wonderful!

You did a good job, now bring on more.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard