Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Elena New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 02:47 PM
Drumroll, please! smile1

Oh, and do I need to tell you to go read the masterpiece (an n-fic version is available too!) that inspired this wonderful trailer? Do I really need to?!? No? Good! thumbsup

notworthy Lynn! notworthy Yvonne!

Elena
Posted By: Pelican Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 02:58 PM
Holy smokes..... WOW!!!!!!!!!!! smile1

ps: What's the name of that song?
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 03:11 PM
Fantastic trailer, Lynn!! The images are just perfect for the story! smile1
Posted By: Pelican Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 03:11 PM
Sorry, I ran out of smileys, but I just so have to add more guys like these:

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

EDIT: Lynn, you don't mind that from now on I ask you for advice on my future trailers, no? <G>
Posted By: AnnieM Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 03:19 PM
Fantastic, Lynn. I'm very impressed. I'm so glad more people are trying their hand at this. I just utterly adore these trailers and can't wait until my next fix. <G>

Good job! thumbsup

Annie
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 03:24 PM
I love this trailer! thumbsup thumbsup

It's good to get more trailers from various... um... 'trailer-makers' <G> Keep up the good work, Lynn smile

See ya soon,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 05:24 PM
You caught it perfectly, Lynn. Captured the mood and the agony just right.

What a great read, what a great trailer.

Awesome.

CC

what's the song? I'd never heard it. Loved it.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 06:11 PM
Darn it... I want to see the trailer, but I don't want to see "agony." peep I've been too chicken to even read the story, and visual images can pack more of a punch sometimes...

Make more trailers, Lynn, of happier stories! <g>

PJ
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 06:16 PM
Did I say 'agony'?

No, no. That is not what I meant at all!

What I meant was Lynn captured the...um...a-go-ny.
As in, " ah, go and read this fic, it's nyeat."

And see the trailer, too.

CC(sorry about the mix-up)
Um...do you have a RealPlayer version? I have a hard time with WMV files. (For some reason, Windows Media Player locks up my computer. I also have WinAmp, but it either won't play the trailers or it just plays the audio.) help
Posted By: lynnm Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 07:26 PM
OK - Thank you all so much for your nice comments. This trailer was so much fun to do - I loved this story and couldn't wait to try to make one of these. Pel's were so amazing I wanted to give it a try, and I owe a lot to her inspiration.

Speaking of...

Pelican - Thanks!!!!! As the Mother Inventor of these fun little trailers, your praise means so much to me. My goal when I was doing this was "is this as good as one of Pel's?" and you can even ask Wendy - it's what I asked her when I sent another one I was practicing on to her for her opinion <g>. (She sent me back to the drawing board as all good betas do, telling me I still had a little way to go to get up to your standard!)

BTW - the song I used is called "Dancing Barefoot" by U2. It's on the Best of U2 1980-90 Album.

Pam - Yes, the story is major angsty but soooooo good, it's worth the heartache. I have to confess that I did try to capture as much angst as I could visually, but still, go ahead. Take a chance. It's a new year, after all <g>.

CC - You crack me up!!! And watch out - Clark Uncaged is on my list of victims <g>.

Queen - I think Annette is going to post this to Annesplace.net and she will post both a Windows Media and a Real Player version - should be available in a day or so. I can't make a Real Player version :-((( Sorry.

Thanks again, for taking a look.

Lynn
Posted By: Julie S Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 07:51 PM
Excellent job, Lynn!

I was afraid all of those trailers coming out will be of stories I didn't read yet. Turns out, I'm not that much behind. laugh (Still have to read Masques, though.)

I really like your smart use of visuals, like the box, that we know originally contained the globe, but the way he opens it and the glow... I feel like it's straight out of the story.

Captures everything, all the angst, all the things Clark goes through. Great work!

Pam, I think after leading us through Tryst believing Lois was dead, you shouldn't be afraid of a little angst. smile

Julie
Posted By: KathyB Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/04/04 08:04 PM
Well, I haven't read the story yet but I enjoyed the trailer very much! I'm glad more people are jumping into the ring with these -- they are so fun!

Pam, go for it ... we angst-chickens can still enjoy it. <g>

Thanks for spending your time on this, Lynn! Great!

Kathy
Posted By: TriciaW Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 01:03 AM
Lynn

WOW! This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: YConnell Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 04:56 AM
Ooh, my very own trailer! And what a trailer - I love it, as you know, Lynn. The song is perfect (hey, I even listened to the lyrics, which I almost never do laugh ), the visuals are great (you even had a box for the kryptonite!), and I love the way you used quotes from the story. I tell you, these trailers from you and Pel are a darn site better than a lot of the trailers you see in the cinema. Often I find those too long, too loud, and containing so much of the story, you don't feel you need to see the film.

Only one criticism - where's George? laugh

Yvonne
Posted By: amciotola Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 08:03 AM
Great job by Lynn!

For all those who need a real media version of the trailer, you can visit the offical trailer page:

http://www.nfanfic.net/juliefic/authors/trailers.html

thumbsup to Lynn
Posted By: Kaethel Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 08:21 AM
notworthy notworthy notworthy Lynn, it's fantastic! Love it, love it, love it! And now that we have two very talented trailer-makers, it means we're going to get one trailer a day, right? Please please please?

Kaethel smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 09:51 AM
Did I say 'agony'?

No, no. That is not what I meant at all!

What I meant was Lynn captured the...um...a-go-ny.
As in, " ah, go and read this fic, it's nyeat."
rofl! You shouldn't do that to me, CC... I read this last night, when I was up too late and already a little loopy (a combination of sleep-deprivation and fun on IRC) -- I had trouble *breathing*! goofy

I'll probably watch the trailer sometime soon. Especially if Kathy says it's okay. But um, right now, I, ah... have to go sort some socks wink

And Julie, having Lois dead in Tryst wasn't angsty to *me*! I knew exactly what was going on the whole time laugh

PJ
who can dish it out better than she can take it!
Posted By: Laurach Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 10:06 AM
Wow Lynn that was SUPER! Great job, it really fit Yvonnes story. Good choice of music. You really went along with the sound track too! I am impressed. I think it is great that you guys have come up with yet another way to add spice to the world of Lois and Clark, despite the series being over a long time ago. Keep those trailers coming! Laura
Posted By: Trenna Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 09:26 PM
Great job, Lynn. I like the way you used the video effects. Great choices of scenes!
Posted By: KathyM Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/05/04 10:37 PM
Lynn, I was away for most of the weekend, and see what I missed! That'll teach me to go out of town...

This is fantastic! Ditto everyone with their praise - you have done a wonderful job of capturing the mood of the story. And I love how the image of Lois is from a moment that she shared with alt-Clark smile ...

Simply marvelous. hyper

Kathy
Posted By: LabRat Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/06/04 04:36 AM
goofy

I've saved it safely away for later.

Great to hear that you've added a new string to your already very talented bow, Lynn! But even though you're a roaring success...don't give up the day job, will you! <G>

LabRat smile (who isn't greedy, she just wants lots more stories and trailers from you....it's not much to ask!)
Posted By: Saskia Re: New!! Fanfic Trailer by Lynn!! - 01/06/04 10:04 PM
I just realized I hadn't commented on the new trailer yet. Bad me!

It's amazing, Lynn! The trailer really captures the essence of the story. Full with angst. And the song fits everything wonderful!

You did a good job, now bring on more.

Saskia
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards