Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Okay, now we do have to admit.... Given super-vision and soul mates, odds are pretty good that if Lois saw Clark-as-Superman, Clark-as-Superman saw Lois.

So what in the WORLD is this idiot doing, blatantly taking a story she's covering??? He should give her a quote, help her get a good story, and let her remember something nice that he's done for her as Superman that day once he tells her. She's already mad at him for leaving, showing her that he "was working" isn't going to make her less mad.

Bah!

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by archbish99:
Given super-vision and soul mates, odds are pretty good that if Lois saw Clark-as-Superman, Clark-as-Superman saw Lois.
I appreciate your point. I personally don't like the idea that he should have a sort of radar that is constantly tuned in to her presence - it feels like an invasion of privacy to me. There's no doubt that if he looked for her, he would have found her, but in my mind there was no particular reason to look. He had a super job to do, finished it, and decided to make the best of the situation by doing his job for the Planet (as he usually does). He had no way of knowing that Perry had assigned the story to Lois.

Thank you for sharing with me your perspective on the story. Perhaps the ideas I have in my head didn't quite translate on paper in the way I had intended. Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I LOVED it - and I totally agree with your reasoning, Susan smile

One tiny nitpick though - I think Lois was wearing heels, not heals wink

Waiting eagerly for the next chapters!
Anna.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:

One tiny nitpick though - I think Lois was wearing heels, not heals wink

Thanks, I caught it the first time, but not the second. I've fixed that now. smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooooh...that was an evil devil thing to do!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, the suit must come off for that, at least.’ Lois laughed at the mental image of Superman in a port-o-potty, tights around his ankles, flipping through a magazine.
ROTFLMAO!

Ok I loved that comment.

You left us in an intersting place. Now I want to know what her reaction is. Also it would seem as if he didn't see her behind him in the quick change he did. It is about to get very intersting. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Susan

Another great part! smile1 I'm enjoying this immensely.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YAY!! smile1 She knows!! Assuming of course she doesn't start thinking the swirl of clothes means Superman leads a double life and she wonders who it is he *really* is, without connecting it to Clark. I mean, she's the best reporter and all, but she CAN be a lunkhead too wink

He whipped around, and a shade of color drained from his face.

“No, Lois, this isn’t…”

“This isn’t the blatant betrayal it appears to be?” Lois was furious.
I said it before, but I love the characterization! And Clark giving Lois his notes was adorable! He really wants back in her good graces.

The line about telling him to go away when all she ever wanted was for him to stay was powerful and perfectly highlights her internal dilemmas. thumbsup

Anyway, if she DOES put the pieces together to form the correct picture, then she knows, and YAY! YAY because... what will she do now???

more smile

~NICOLE

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Arrrgh.

Way too short.

Good Lois introspection, but I barely had time to get into it before the section ended. Very frustrating, and impairs my ability to get into the story. A section about twice this long would be better... Generally, I try to go for about six pages of my Word document -- which varies from person to person depending on font & margins, etc. But it's usually three or four scenes, at least.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG noooo! thud

~Lois Lane Wanna Be (who will need someone to revive her in order to read the next two parts)

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

A section about twice this long would be better... Generally, I try to go for about six pages of my Word document PJ
Thanks for that specific information. Putting the last two sections together will be about that long, so I'll do that with the end of the story, and will remember it for the future (if I ever do this again!). I'll end everyone's torture when I get back to Riverside on Monday. (My holiday "vacation" is being spent in San Diego, painting my mom's garage floor. Woo hoo!) smile Susan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great little part. thumbsup

‘Go away? All I’ve ever really wanted was for him to stay.’ Her decision was made in an instant. She would make him talk to her now. Lois dashed after Clark and turned the corner as well.

In time to see a swirl of clothing and Superman rocketing into the sky.
thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, nice cliffhanger! I can't help wondering what she might read in those notes, too <g>. Might he have slipped up and referred to "I" and "me" rather than "Superman"?

Yvonne

SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part of the story.

Looking forward to part 5.

SNL

Features Writer
Features Writer
awwww that is so mean of you!

AND I LOVE IT!!! devil

Post soon!

MDL laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard