Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239102 04/26/04 02:09 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's Lab's fault. She keeps sending me songs. And then I get distracted and can't get the song out of my mind. Before I know it, a video has just come screaming out to be inflicted upon you poor, hapless FoLCs. But I can't help myself. It's just so much fun.

So in honor of the mini-FoLC Fest 2004, this one's a bit more romantic-al than the last one. Kind of an homage to Clark as the hero, since as you all know, he was always my favorite <g>. Maybe that's all I need to do - one in each genre to get it out of my system.

Hero Music Video - Media Player Version
Hero Music Video - Real Player Version

All right. Back to writing. Or...something wink

Thanks Lab, Elena and Annette!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#239103 04/26/04 04:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh shoot!

Just...shoot!

This had a song I can't stand, was just...sweet and warm and smoochy all over the place...just...augh!

And yet...it just...turned me to goo!

whinging whinging whinging

What does this mean?? I'm going to have to tear up my Waffy Heretic Membership Card???

Darn you, Lynn.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#239104 04/26/04 05:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynn, you make my cheeks hurt from all the grinning I was doing during that video.

I was fully of the mind that that song was cheesie until you made this video. I apologize completely, that song is no where near cheese.

*sniffle* and now I'm gonna go cry in the ladies room.

TEEEJ

#239105 04/26/04 05:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me sits in her little office snuffling.

Oh wow. Just...wow.

This was so perfect, Lynn! Bottom lip trembling wildly now. dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#239106 04/26/04 06:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, we loved it!! Lynn very kindly sent a preview to my email address, and it was watched by Elena, Annette, Kaethel, Yvonne and myself. And we thought it was great! thumbsup Can't wait for your next one... the one I'm hoping for, by any chance? wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#239107 04/26/04 07:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darn you! goofy

I hate this song, I hate the artist, and you...you...you had to go and make a great music video out of it!

Jen wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#239108 04/26/04 09:24 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Awww Lynn, I love this song and now I love it even more!

Incredible images to beautiful words…

Looking forward to the next one smile1

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
#239109 04/26/04 09:57 AM
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I was gonna do a video to this song but ya beat me to it:) that's ok, I;m moving kinda slow anyway, saving all the eps to my hard drive to make it easier. Seasons Greedings is near dead and it's just sad. I'm still in the middle of one but don't know when it will be finished considering I wanted to watch the show some more to get more scenes that haven't been overused.

Andrea:)

#239110 04/26/04 02:02 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW!
Wonderful music video!!! Man you are just so talented! Is there anything that you cannot do!?! I loved this song and now you made it even better!
I'm just wondering if you will take any requests? Cause if you do I have one...its called "I Will Carry You" by Clay Aiken. I just love this song and if it was made into a music video I know for a fact that I would love it even more. Again I just have to say I loved this music video!

Later Days!
Andie

P.S. Are you writing another story!?! If so I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
#239111 04/26/04 03:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
glug..glug..glug <=== big WAFFY puddle on the floor aka Liz

I too never really cared for this song, of course NOW I am totally humming it as I watch this again and again and again..well you get the idea! laugh

GREAT job Lynn..as always!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#239112 04/26/04 08:08 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lynn

WOW, another excellent video! smile1
Thanks for sharing these.

Tricia cool

#239113 04/29/04 11:42 AM
abe Offline
Blogger
Blogger
I don't particularly like this song. Never cared for the artist either. But, you managed to make it work for me in this video. thumbsup

Looking forward to your next one. smile

#239114 04/29/04 03:54 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My reply is a bit belated since I actually downloaded the video a few days ago. laugh Sorry 'bout that.

Lynn, I absolutely love it! Your choice of scenes is wonderful, and I like the way it begins with the Pilot and by the end there are scenes from later seasons.

The fitting of scenes to lyrics is very well done.

And the choice in music is amazing! That goes for Labby and Lynn. laugh I heard that song before, but I never paid special attention to it or even bothered to remember the name of the song, until now. blush

Well done!

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#239115 04/30/04 09:18 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This was a great video, Lynn! (And please note that I don't like this song.)

I like the way you combine the scenes with the lyrics thumbsup You're really talented!

Keep up the good work!
See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#239116 05/01/04 04:24 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG Lynn -- You talent NEVER ceases to amaze me smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
#239117 05/22/04 09:56 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm catching up on my music video watching tonight. smile Lynn, I enjoyed this video, nice image matching and very waffy. Probably all things others have said but hey, this was a good song to do for L&C and you did it justice. smile

Ems

Molly
#239118 05/24/04 09:30 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I'm very late in saying so, but I was catching up on videos this afternoon (now that we have this handy dandy new forum to play in! dance ) and like someone else already mentioned, my cheeks are aching from grinning so hard!

I love this song and have from the moment I first heard it when it came out -- it's the ultimate L&C love song, just *so* incredibly appropriate. And I think this is an utterly fantastic video. IMO, your best one, Lynn! The scenes were perfectly chosen and timed and the whole thing just flowed together so nicely and smoothly. Absolutely loved it. smile

Thank you for making it and sharing it with us. I've been hoping for a long time that someone would use this song, and this video is everything I could hope for. smile

Kathy

#239119 05/31/04 01:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This also slipped by me, so I'm late but having our own folder is really going to help!

Lovely Lynn. I haven't heard this song much but its just what I love, meaningful and I love the words.

You've done a great job on the scenes dance

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard