Page 1 of 2 1 2
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Trailer

clap clap And thank you for choosing Masques as your test subject! I can't tell you how touched I was. sloppy

You need to do more of these!!!

LabRat (still wiping tears of laughter...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh no, I can get the audio but no visual ... it opened in Windows Media Player on my Mac, but it just gave me a blank screen, darn it! Any way to get it (or future ones) as a Real Player file, like the music videos?

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
How wonderful!! LabRat - you're official - I expect to see this trailer on the big screen when I go to see Fellowship of the Rings in a couple of weeks!

Yeah! Loved it.
smile smile smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Holy cow...

Well, I had an idea for doing this a little while ago, but it got put on hold, since I didn't have a program. Yesterday, however, I wanted to make a video - since it was Betas' Day - but I soon found it that it wasn't as easy as it looked... So I needed some "practice", and then I thought I could maybe go with this idea..

Glad you liked it! smile1

Pel smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh no, I can get the audio but no visual ... it opened in Windows Media Player on my Mac, but it just gave me a blank screen, darn it! Any way to get it (or future ones) as a Real Player file, like the music videos?
Oh, sorry, missed it..

This was my first try making *anything* like this, so I have *no* idea on how to really use an editing program... I just downloaded Windows Movie Maker 2 from the net, and clicked 'send to web', and this is the format it got..

If anyone knows how to convert a wmv-file to a ram, please let me know too! smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Features Writer
Features Writer
I must be doing something wrong: I click on the link, the Windows Media Player opens, but I get an error asking me to connect to the Internet. Do I have to download the file first, and then play it from my computer?

malu

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Pel, great trailer! I loved it! The background music was perfect!

Jana

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Do I have to download the file first, and then play it from my computer?
Yes. Right-click on the link, click "save target" and choose where you want to save it. Then open it.

Glad you liked it, Jana! Again, this ws just something I did for fun...wanted to do something with a little irony in it. wink

Pelican smile

Susan Kay
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Darn! I can't see the video, just hear the audio.

Imagine.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was absolutely stunned when Pel shared this with us last night on IRC. All I could say for ages was WOW!!! goofy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Finally had it downloaded and watched it.

Really cool! thumbsup clap dance

Just a suggestion: like in the movie trailers, you could put a "Showing Now on ...", or something like that, for the next trailers (hint, hint laugh ).

It was great! Just LOVED it!

malu

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow, that's pretty cool! Very typical of hollywood trailers, and something I would really expect to see on the big screen. Great job!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
clap clap

The next!!! notworthy

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Wonderful! Very gripping... just one little question.

What's the title and the composer of the piece of music you used in the trailer? I love movie themes very much and yours sound very cool.

twins
metwin1

Merriwether
Merriwether
That sounded like stuff from the movie 'Speed'. Is it?

Loved it! party

Was the last part of the Trailer supposed to be "written by LabRat"?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What's the title and the composer of the piece of music you used in the trailer? I love movie themes very much and yours sound very cool.
Yeah, I love the music too! smile You've probably seen the film: Speed (Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock). And the composer is Mark Mancina.

Was the last part of the Trailer supposed to be "written by LabRat"?
Yes, it is. Weird if it's unclear to you or something, because it shows perfectly fine with me and the others..

Pelican smile

Susan Kay
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, wow... This is fantastic. Absolutely wonderful. Totally worthy of the magnificent piece of fanfic that it is previewing. notworthy

I do hope you plan on doing more...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
notworthy notworthy

That was so great! I hope you'll do another one sometime!!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pel -- AMAZING!!!!!!! smile1

WOW!!! jawdrop

S (who is not above begging for more if neccessary wink )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Have to jump in say, well done! This is a very nice trailer with very sharp video and nice production values. I've seen worse in Hollywood-produced trailers.

I'm pretty excited to hear you may be doing some trailers for other fics, too! Looking forward to those.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard