Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Continuing where I left off with my polls from last fall: Favorite Voice Only Actors , Favorite Portrayal of Superman/Clark Kent , and Favorite Jimmy Olsen (Live Action) polls and the discussion taking place regarding the casting of a new Lex Luthor, I felt this poll was way past it's due.

Again, I'm asking for your first favorite, second favorite, and third favorite. For those of you who don't have that many favorites, I have included a No Opinion option for you. I've also threw in a couple of oddball questions just for fun.

I apologize in advance for any misspellings, errors, or omissions. I tried to be accurate. Lex Luthor's character apparently never made an appearance on the George Reeves Adventures of Superman Show.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really interesting that no one thinks Lex needs to be sexy. IMHO he is most terrifying when you almost sympathize with him, but his thirst for power inevitably gets in the way.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
It's a close call for me between John Shea and Michael Rosenbaum. They both had a lot of the qualities that I enjoy most about Lex. They were both very good manipulators, they could both be charming at times while still ultimately being ruthless when you get right down to it, and they both were businessmen, the version of Lex Luthor that I tend to enjoy the most. That's not to say that any of the other versions of Lex aren't valid or good in their own right, but John Shea and Michael Rosenbaum just fit my own personal tastes the best. It's hard to pick a favorite between the two of them, but I think I like John Shea's portrayal just a little bit more.

Gene Hackman is easily my third favorite Lex Luthor, though. He did a good job at bringing a little bit of humor to the role. His scenes with Otis were particularly amusing to me.

Since we're on the topic of Lex Luthor, I'd like to give a little bit of insight into my own personal experience seeing one of the actors who portrayed him, Michael Rosenbaum, in person. Last summer when I visited Metropolis, IL for the Superman Celebration, Michael Rosenbaum was one of the celebrity guests that attended the event. Based on that experience, I can tell you that he is without a doubt a very funny man and really knows how to work a crowd of fans. He requested a wireless microphone during the Q and A so that he could move around and walk among the fans. None of the other celebrity guests did that. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to actually meet him, but he was standing about two feet away from me at one point during the Q and A session, which wouldn't have happened had it not been for him moving around the crowd, as I was standing at the very back of the crowd.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard