Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I have a fanfic that I'm in the plotting stages of and I need a little push one direction or another. Basically it's an "early Soul Mates" story (not the marriage consumation part, the curse-breaking part) and I need help deciding which story I should base it after as there are some dramatic changes in Lois's interaction with Clark between the Pilot and the end of Season one. I'll let you choose up to two so that I can narrow it down.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It would let me only choose one. My second choice was "The Pilot". Personally, another fun one might be after their first kiss on the plane.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I was a bit confused on the question at first, but after careful deliberation I said during BatP. I was going to go with PML but I figured there's a lot of stuff out there dealing with PML although wouldn't that be an interesting twist (definitely would have put that as my second choice). laugh But BatP happens so late in the season, plus it would come with a whole slew of other issues, what with the Planet problems and Lois' engagement and Clark's confession of love... And then something happens where it all hits the fan and they find out they're soul mates, in whichever manner you please. It would be wonderfully chaotic. hyper

But PML definitely for second place. For very similar reasons. Also, if it's right after PML, then you'd have the added consequence of Lex having just fallen for Lois, and Lois now knowing she's destined to be with Clark... Lots to go on there too.

Any way you choose, I am excited to read it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I chose BATP, too...that is such a great time in the coarse of their relationship to explore. Clark's feelings are out there and Lois is coming to terms quickly with how she really feels about him, and you have Superman telling her there isn't hope for them as a couple....Finding out they are soul mates would add a very interesting element to the story--especially b/c she doesn't know Clark is Superman, and is starting to feel for Clark what she thought she felt for Superman in HOL.

And hopefully all of the soul mate information would squash any and all likelihood of a marriage to Luthor smile

Can't wait to read it--whatever you choose!

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I chose PML because so much was revealed then, but it wasn't totally crazy with everything going on like in BATP.

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I know I posted this only a few days ago but PML seems to be winning out by a mile! I will say though, that it's the episode that I'm having the hardest time with when it comes to my muses being nice to me. In all of the others, they've gotten not just some plotting but also some (rudimentary) drafting in place. PML's been a bit more tricky when it comes to this (oddly). I've had a lot of success getting mileage out of PML for other stories I'm writing but for some reason it's not conducive to this as I would like.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I voted PML, but my second option would be during Barbarians at the Planet.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard