Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I've been thinking about a ficathon/challenge (not sure which word is more appropriate) we could have here on the boards over the next several weeks. The details of my idea are below.

First, it would have a theme. I thought 'summer' would be a nice one.

Second, each author would choose an inspiration prompt from a predetermined list - one author per prompt. For a 'summer' theme, the list might include words or phrases like beach, popsicle, summer camp, etc. Song titles, quotes and short snippets from poems are possible prompts as well.

Third, the author writes a L&C fic using their prompt as inspiration. The prompts don't have to be taken literally, just used as jumping off point.

If a few or more people are interested in participating, I will put together a list of prompts and get the ball rolling.

If this is successful, we could do something similar a few times year with new themes and prompts.

Answer the poll and let me know your thoughts!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would, in all likelihood, attempt my hand at something like this. I have literally four or five other fics in various stages of development, but I would try to take this on as well. (No wonder why I never work on my novels anymore. wink )

Also - as an idea for the list - Barbeque. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I voted undecided. I would like to try my hand at this challenge, but my muse has been very uncooperative lately, and I couldn't promise that a story would actually get written.

May I make a suggestion for the list? Given the chemistry between our favourite couple, I would recommend adding "fireworks" to the list.

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
I would probably try it so long as it doesn't have to be huge. I'm in the final stretch of the school semester, but this would be worth sacrificing a couple of math club meetings laugh

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
I would definitely be interested in writing a fic for this- provided it could be short. Also, when would this be coming up? I have school starting up again in the next month (I know, blech- July 9th) so I'm not sure what my schedule will be like in the future (plus I have a couple of other projects in the works). But as long as it can be short, I can squeeze it in probably. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I voted undecided because I'm swamped with my current story at the moment. But I can't say "no" because when your muse hits you over the head with a green-studded 2x4 you tend to listen (unless of course, you're named "Clark", but as we all know he's a lunkhead :rolleyes: ). laugh So, we'll see if, where, or when inspiration bites.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thankfully I have a story brewing along the lines of summer. A quick query - when do you want it and can it be short? Everyone else's work tends to slow do just a bit for the lazy hazy days of summer.

This year, mine is ramping upwards.

My word: picnic

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Yay! New thread posted here . smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard