Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#238712 11/19/10 04:24 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, got a question. Just how many cups of coffee do people normal drink in a day?

I ask this because I am starting taking some herbal teas for my asthma and MS and one of the "dosage" indicators states "as safe as coffee, so drink accordingly".

I don't drink coffee and have only worked in professions where those that do drink, to me, an inordinate amount.

Since this is for coffee drinkers, ZERO is not an option.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#238713 11/19/10 04:39 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Of course this also depends on where in the world you are drinking coffee: in the US, the coffee is not as strong as in other parts of the world, so people in the US drink in larger quantities (8 oz cups) than others (about 1.7 oz), but the caffeine amount is also different.

Maybe this could give you an idea?
http://www.talkaboutcoffee.com/how_much_is_too_much2.html

Or maybe this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
(see second table on the right, with caffeine contents in food and drugs)

malu

#238714 11/19/10 05:25 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It depends on where I am and what I do and what cup I use.
When I visited NYC i bought a cup which I prefer to use at the moment but it is more than twice as big as my other cups (20oz)
[Linked Image]
The others have about 6,7oz.
So when I use the bigger cup I only drink one and when I use the smaller ones I drink three or four.

AFAIK 15-20oz are considered normal.

Kathryn
#238715 11/23/10 05:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
About 250 mg of caffeine (though this also depends, on course, on your size, and the amount varies from source to source but basically 2-3 cups) can cause effects of caffeine intoxication - stomach aches, tremors, increased heart rate, anxiety, insomnia. It's not fatal but I can tell you it's super unpleasant, and the reason I personally finally quit drinking coffee a about a month or six weeks ago. I usually only drank one cup a day, but on certain days when I was busy all day I would drink two or three, and end up with trembling hands by the evening. And then I'd have a terrible time trying to fall asleep with my heart pounding. (I was told by a person who is a psychologist that a large intake caffeine can mimic symptoms of severe stress and anxiety, which was certainly true for me.)

I have had a few cups since then, so I haven't given it up completely, but it's only about 10% of the amount I used to drink.

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard