Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#238691 05/31/10 05:12 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
In which of the two weddings did Lois & Clark have better wedding outfits? The first or the second? smile

Please cast your votes.

First Wedding
[Linked Image]

Second Wedding
[Linked Image]

- Sayo (who should be writing instead of posting polls all the damn time.)

Just got married (21st June 2010).
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just can't abide the bow in her hair in Wedding #2.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@IolantheAlias: me neither! blech. ooh, and I loved Clark's country-gentleman tux. laugh It's so Kansas!!! It looked so great on him, too.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What if you prefer Lois' first wedding outfit but Clark's second one?

That tie in Clark's first outfit is just too loud. Then again, this *is* Clark, after all...

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: Maybe I should have split the poll, huh? Best tux and Best dress. lol. Sorry... I guess it's just your call how to vote.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Saori Tanaka:
Sorry... I guess it's just your call how to vote.
If I have to choose between Lois' bow or Clark's tie, I'll go with the bow. The rest of her second outfit is pretty nice, and I find the bow a lot less obnoxious than Clark's first tie. Not to mention that his first suit doesn't seem formal enough to match her first gown. So so far I am, once again, the lone dissenter in one of your polls. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: That's funny... I thought Clark's first tux was plenty formal. smile Then again, it might be because of where I'm from.

(Oh great. Now I'm imagining Clark in a gi and hakama and... squee!!!)

[Linked Image]

Sorry. I got carried away. laugh

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
(Oh great. Now I'm imagining Clark in a gi and hakama and... squee!!!)
Let's face it, he would look good no matter what he wore! But the one outfit I would have loved to have seen him in would have been decked out in full Highland Scots regalia -- everything from the kilt to the sporran and skein dhu. Something along these lines . Yum! I did see a doctored (Photoshopped?) picture of him in such an outfit once. It had accompanied a fanfic in which he went to a Robbie Burns dinner. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the story.

Hmmm...That might make for an interesting thread -- What one (G-rated!) outfit would you have liked to have seen either Lois or Clark wear on the show?

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: Capital idea! laugh Go ahead and post it on the Lois & Clark section thingy! laugh

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Go ahead and post it on the Lois & Clark section thingy! laugh
Consider it done. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not to mention that his first suit doesn't seem formal enough to match her first gown.
As far as I know, the first suit is more formal than the second one. Where I live that kind of suit is very common on weddings.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, and I hated Lois's second dress. spider

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
UltraWoman,

The models in the pics you posed weren't wear that hideous striped tie; nor, I think, were they wearing pinstriped trousers. (It was hard to tell in the pics.) Also, Clark left his jacket unbuttoned; your models all had their jackets buttoned. All of these little differences really have a huge impact, at least for me. Clark's overall look in the first picture just struck me as being nowhere near as formal as Lois's.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I picked Wedding 2.

I *hated* Clark's outfit in the first wedding - both the tie and the pinstripe pants. (Interesting that I hated his tie, because I'm one of the few who not only liked the ties he wore to the office, I loved them!) Also, even tho I chose long hair over short in the hair-poll, I have to say I like his hair better in Wedding 2 than in Wedding 1.

I preferred Lois's first outfit, but not as strongly as I preferred Clark's second one.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
I finally picked wedding #1. But as I kept looking at the dresses I realized that #2 looked familiar.

I pulled out my copy of "Superman: The Wedding and Beyond" and sure enough, dress #2 looks VERY similar to the dress that Lois wore in the comic. I think that's why she had a bow in her hair. The headset/veil is exactly out of the comic. The only difference is that in the comic the dress had a much lower neckline.

Bob

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@bobbart: good work! i have seen pics of the Wedding Album but never made the connection! Oh god... I feel so guilty about trashing the outfit all of a sudden. They just wanted to be faithful to the comics! T_T

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have seen pics of the Wedding Album but never made the connection! Oh god... I feel so guilty about trashing the outfit all of a sudden. They just wanted to be faithful to the comics! T_T
Here's my take on this, and it may be sexist, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Who writes/draws comic books? Mostly guys.

Who is involved in picking out wedding dresses and actually cares what the dress looks like? Mostly gals.

If Lois's wedding dress #2 was based on the comic book dress, see above for why the guys who wrote/drew the comic book dress probably had no clue. Hence the abysmal bow on Lois's headpiece. The guys were just wedding-fashion-impaired.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Iolan: Agreed. XD

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not a big fan of either dress. My favorite was from Lois wedding to Lex. That's right people, deal with it.

Outfits from Wedding #2 were dreadful.

Honestly read Labrat's story Masques, the wedding outfits were described beautifully!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Technically, Clark's attire, called morning dress, is the appropriate outfit for a day time wedding. A tuxedo is by definition, evening wear, and traditionally would not be worn for a formal event during the day. The rule is hardly observed now - plenty of people wear tuxes during the day - but hey, his outfit was technically correct for the occasion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_suit#Morning_suit

Columnist
Columnist
I just never thought that the first dress looked like Lois. It seems to traditional, more like something Lex would pick. Since I hate Lex as a character then a dress that looks like something he would approve get a no vote from me. The bow in the second option doesn't work for me but the dress as something Lois would pick works better for me than the first option.

On to Clark. I like the second, the tux better. He seemed more comfortable in it. If you look at the pants in the first option they are too long, the tie is ugly and he doesn't look particularly comfortable in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard