Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Please cast your vote for your favorite supporting regular.

Just got married (21st June 2010).
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Boy, this was difficult. It was hard to decide between Perry and Martha...and I rather like Dr. Klein as well. I also enjoy Henderson, but we just don't see him much!

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Deja Vu: Sorry about the difficulty, but we're trying to narrow down who it is FoLCs love most in the supporting cast. laugh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I chose Perry. I think LnC's Perry is the best Perry ever. Also, he is so very supportive of Clark and Lois's relationship and has always done everything he can to bring them closer together.

Martha Kent is my number two. She is also the best Martha ever, by far. She is delightful, but my reason for choosing Perry over her is that Perry is more like a bystander, while Martha is so strongly linked to Clark. Let me put it like this - it's not as if Lois goes home to Perry to have him comfort her with some Elvis stories and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when she is feeling down or needs to unburden herself.

As for the other characters, I'm not a big fan of Jimmy myself. In the old comics he tended to monopolize Superman, so that the Big Guy had no time for Lois after "tending to Jimmy". In the show, Jimmy was unbelievably annoying in his "Jimmy Interruptus" function. I once read a fanfic where Jimmy needed to return something to the married Lois and Clark, so when he came to their house and found it locked, he picked the lock and walked in on their married intimacy!

I tend to be irritated by Lucy, too. She combines Martha's nosiness with a selfishness that makes her barge in on Lois in almost the same way as Jimmy barges in on Lois and Clark.

But I, too, really like Inspector Henderson! He is so delightfully crusty and dependable.

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'd have to say that the best supporting character is Clark.

He's fairly well-developed and one could almost see him as a second lead to the shows true star Lois Lane.

Tank (who is amused by those who think that Clark is actually one of the lead characters)

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Tank: The show is Lois & Clark. Would you mind elucidating how Clark is not a lead character in such a set-up?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank is joking with you, Saori. He has a known fetish for Lois, especially with short hair. And don't get him started on Jimmy! It's a little Minnesota humor from him. Now, he will reply and protest he was dead serious.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Artemis: that's why i'm asking him to explain. laugh btw, you can call me Sayo. everyone calls me Sayo. smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
LabRat, where are you? Dr. Klein doesn't have a single vote yet!!!

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: Labrat probably voted for Perry. :p

Kerth
Kerth
I voted for Perry because he is my favourite supporting character.

However, I nearly voted for Jonathan, because he comes a close second for me and I didn't think he'd get many votes.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Female Hawk: I also voted for Perry. I think he's the best. He's such a character; such a dyed-in-the-wool Elvis fan. He's so endearing.

Lane Smith, Rest in Peace. May the gods be with you.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Lynn. laugh

I considered voting for Bernie but I really couldn't choose just one. I'd have had to vote for Martha and Jonathan and Henderson and... huh

I suck at choosing.

LabRat smile (who would have lied and told Bernie she voted for him though, if he'd asked. The man feeds me kibble, I wouldn't want to annoy him. laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
No one noticed that Cat isn't on the list. Haha! I guess she really isn't that popular.

Top Banana
Top Banana
An interesting poll would be for writers, "Who do you like to write?" or "Who do you have the most fun using in your stories?"

I like Martha but when I write, I love to find things for Bernie or Lucy.

Bernie gets to talk science. Enough said. laugh

As for Lucy, I like to write Lucy - Lois sister talks. Especially about Clark! smile1

Bob

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
that's an awesome idea for a poll, bob! i hope you put it up soon. i'll be the first to vote. laugh well, unless you yourself go first. XD

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or, a companion poll - who do you least like writing? Who do you find it most difficult to capture in your writing?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Labrat wrote:
Or, a companion poll - who do you least like writing? Who do you find it most difficult to capture in your writing?

It would be interesting to see responses to that one. I know there are a couple of characters that just froze for me.

c.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought it would be easier to just post it as a question over in Fanfic Related. That way all characters will be covered. (Also, I was feeling too lazy to think up a character list for a poll. laugh )

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I too noticed Cat was not mentioned. Her character is often over looked, but she was the perfect foil for Lois. If Cat did not disappear after first season, who knows where the character's direction might have lead?

Anyhow, my favorite is Dr. Klein! Perry may have been supportive, Martha a listening ear, but Bernie provided the answers!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard