Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I was just wondering if FoLCs liked Lois's hair better before or after The Cut. laugh

Sorry if this is stupid or frivolous, but I just wanna know what you all think. smile

Just got married (21st June 2010).
Kerth
Kerth
Well, it is an interesting question. ATAI... S1/S2. It's more like what I imagine Lois Lane to look like. Lois after the cut just wasn't the same any more. For me, the change was as bad as the replacement of S1 Jimmy. Not that the other guy was bad, it was just the fact that I didn't like any changes to the 'people' I knew.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I am curious about one thing...Are you planning on having a similar poll about Clark's haircut? After all, his hair style changed radically between the first and last episodes, as well...

FWIW, I prefer the earlier (longer) hair for both Lois and Clark.

cheers,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wasn't Clark's hair only long in the Pilot? I thought that by NB/SV his hair was the length that he wore it most of the series.

As for Lois's hair, I like the longer cut of early on. I just don't care for the shorter cut.

Bob

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by bobbart:
Wasn't Clark's hair only long in the Pilot? I thought that by NB/SV his hair was the length that he wore it most of the series.
His hair was longer in the pilot than in the rest of the series, but his hair was *much* shorter in the fourth season than in the first three.

I definitely liked the earlier looks better.

cheers,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi guys! Thanks for voting!

@Lynn: I think I'll leave the poll about Clark's hair up to you to put up because you thought of it first. smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Saori Tanaka:
@Lynn: I think I'll leave the poll about Clark's hair up to you to put up because you thought of it first. smile
Consider it posted. :-) And thank you for spurring me on to creating my first poll on this list.

cheers,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: you're welcome! ^_^ good for you! polls are so much fun. you get to know what people think and it gets really interesting.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've just noticed this (somewhat belatedly laugh ):

Sorry if this is stupid or frivolous, but I just wanna know what you all think.
Worry not, Saori! It's not called Fun with Polls for nothing. laugh Nothing to say you can only make up polls with weighty subjects. Sometimes the 'frivolous' ones are the most fun!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@LabRat: thanks! please say hi to Doctor Klein for me!

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Maybe I'm crazy for thinking there's a difference, but while I did prefer Lois's bob cut, I preferred the S2 bob over the S1 bob.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I preferred the longer hair of S2 over S1's bob. I very much liked the short cut in Contact. I hated that hideous wig at the beginning of S4. In fact I didn't like her hair at all in S4.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't think this poll really works because her hair between S1 and the end of S2 is very different, and it's also different between when it's first cut in S3 and when it's grown out a bit in the last half of S4. I personally like it in the end of S2 but hate it in S1 when the bob was too short, and don't like it at all during periods in S3 and S4, but do like it at other times. <shrug>

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good point, EditorJax. Some episodes, I'd love her hair (short or long) and some episodes, I wouldn't like it at all. For example, I loved the bob on her first date with Clark (the bob). And I loved her hair when they were at the cabin during Just Say Noah (short hair). Yet I didn't love the bob all the time. Nor did I like her short hair all the time.

Personally, I love her hair in this pic (which isn't like she had it on the show at all)

[Linked Image]

So it's hard to really say whether I liked her hair longer or shorter on the show. I guess my answer would be... it depends on which episode. laugh

Btw, has something happened to Tank? Would have expected him to be all over this thread (although, I'm still not entirely clear on whether he likes Lois with long hair or short hair laugh )

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've just returned from our SpringCon comic book convention which was held over this past weekend.

I'm quite beat but I can't ignore a poll like this.

I think my attitudes on the subject of Lois' hair are quite well known, but for those who aren't sure I'll repeat them.

As for Teri Hatcher's version (which is the one we are most interested in here) I liked her look in the pilot, and the 'bob' through out most of seasons 1 and 2, but as it got longer it seemed to lose it's body and look more lank and even thinner.

I really liked the short cut she got before Contact. I think that is her best look. I generally liked her in shorter hair, but didn't care for it when she 'slicked' it back. The wig she wore for several episodes looked messy and unkempt to me. It was like she had lost her comb.
The super short look she had in Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark, was okay, but a tad too short. I prefer a little more fullness around the face.

Now if you consider Erica Durance's version of Lois in Smallville, we really haven't had any differences to compare. She is an attractive woman, but I think her hair is too long to really look like a professional. Also she wears it in a ponytail way too much (I hate ponytails on any woman over 12). I'd like to see what Erica looks like in a shorter style, but not having had the pleasure I can't make a comparative opinion.

Tank (who thinks that more gentle writers should throw Lois haircuts into their fics... it's fun)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Let me say, first of all, that Terri's overall Lois Lane look was the best Lois look ever, hands down! She could almost have stepped off the pages of the Lois Lane comics I read as a kid!

[Linked Image]

Many other actresses who have played Lois have not looked the part at all. The actress who played Lois in the latest Superman movie was a pretty girl, but she wasn't Lois. No way.

The comic book Lois of my childhood often had short hair, and personally I thought Terri looked great with her short hair in "Contact". On the other hand her hair generally looked really bad during Season 4. I guess her hair was growing back after it had been cut really short, and it was in a "transition stage" where it just looked pretty bad. But her unbecoming hairstyle in Season 4 matched Dean Cain's unbecoming too-short hairstyle during the same season!

I agree with everyone else (except perhaps Tank) that Terri's bob looked splendid, and she was so Lois with that hair!

But Tank, you know I love your Lois haircut stories, so please come back and write more of them! smile1

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@EditorJax: perhaps you're right. to amend, this poll is about whether people like Lois's hair before the drastic change to a very short hairstyle.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I think for the most part, I liked the short cut, but not necessarily the super short cut. I liked the bob when it was curled like it was for the White Orchid Ball (was that what it was called?).

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Clasicalla: yeah, the hairdo for the second season. I loved that one. It's what I'm wearing now. lol.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I liked the pageboy cut the best. Her hair was at it's worst in contact. *shudder*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard