Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
RGT has a homeschool assignemt that asks if you like Corn, Carrots, or both. If you don't like either, pick none.

This will not be a used in her homework, but I thought that it would be nice to compare to the sample she took from her homeschool community.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
Think this is probably age-related; I suspect a lot of kids don't like carrots because they aren't as sweet as corn.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Actually, we didn't have any that just liked Carrots. And when we ask our homeschooling community, we also include all the Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and non-homeschool related cousins.

James

Columnist
Columnist
I like corn and carrots but not together - I hate most mixed vegetables. I should also say that I only like white shoepeg corn. It is all we ate growing up and I can't stand yellow corn. It is tougher and not as sweet.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My pre-teen daughter will snack on carrots, but I can't stand the things, unless they've been cooked to within an inch of their life in a soup or something. Can't stand the smell of them, either. I do like corn, though.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I personally like carrots sauted in a nice butter sauce.

Of course, most things sauted in a nice butter sauce are good tasting. Mushrooms, peas, corn, etc...

James

M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
*waves* It's been a while since I posted, though I never stopped lurking. smile

Like Pam, I never ever liked raw carrots, but they develop this deliciously mellow flavour I like after cooking until they're totally soft.

This is just an aside, but one thing I found rather bizarre when I first came over to this part of the world is that over here you guys regularly eat your vegetables raw and cook your fruit. Back home, we almost always eat fruits raw and cook our vegetables. Stir fried, boiled... whatever method it is, but vegetables are served cooked and hot.

twins
metwin1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I ate a *lot* of raw carrots as a kid because they are supposedly good for eyesight and I'm very nearsighted. Now yellow corn is always cooked otherwise it is inedible. A lot of fruit cooking is done to preserve the fruit, which is usually seasonal. Now we get fresh fruit from South America flown in, but that wasn't always the case.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My nine year old loves corn, but my five year old won't touch it. They both LOVE raw carrots but won't touch cooked carrots because they're "mushy" and "taste funny."

~Mel~
Features Writer
Features Writer
I like carrots raw, preferably with ranch or dill XD

I HATE corn. I think it's the result of a childhood corn incident, though XD Although, on a rare occasion if the corn is very fresh, sweet, on the cob, DRENCHED in butter and salt, I'll eat it that way XD Other than that, forget it D:

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I prefer green beans to either carrots or corn, but I'll eat whatever's put in front of me--I was taught not to waste food when I was a kid (so was my sister, but she does it anyway). But between carrots and corn only, I prefer corn.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
If I had my druthers, I'd choose the corn. But I'll eat any vegetable you put in front of me.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard