Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Features Writer
Features Writer
I was volunteered, er, I mean, I herewith wish to volunteer for the month of October.
What a coincidence, Eva. October is one of my favorite months. Could I perhaps ask you include one lyric from my favorite song? I'd include it in my prompt post, but I'm really going for randomness. I mean I completely understand if you don't and I don't want to overstep myself or anything, but I just love Celine Dion's "I'm Everything Because of You." It's so inspirational, you know?

smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
When I found this thread a few days ago and read it I was shocked. Well, I noticed that it is very quiet on the board but I didn't think it was that bad. I must admit that I don't post feedback very much (mostly because I thought nobody notices if I do or if I don't) but I am on vacation right now and my friends asked me to send emails to them so that they know how I'm doing. And now I sit in front of my laptop for one and a half our every evening with them rarely writing back... I know every reply counts. blush
I had an idea how to get some folks to write: I've once read a book where the writer had to choose at the end of every page how the story should go on.
For example:
Lois and Clark doing something in the newsroom and then Perry calls them into the office.
CHOICE A: Perry shouting at them for not covering the latest Superman rescue
CHOICE B: Perry congrats them for the last headline
(the number of choices should be limited to avoid dead ends)

Anyone knows what I mean or knows books like these?

Anyway people who have no time to write whole fic or who write for the first time could participate.

Kathryn
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Wendy! So, are we agreed then that copyright on photos uploaded to sites like PB isn't an issue?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My name is not TOC.
rotflol Ah, dearest Ann. She’s always faithful.

And, well, since I work in a psych hospital, I couldn’t resist the Prozac answer.

'I fear my muse may have died and now I can't finish the 20 fics that I have started.'
Groan... Not 20 but I know how you feel. Mine did come back to visit for awhile but not for long.

I don’t think the board is dying and I don’t think it ever will.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people lurk. If I hadn’t lurked so long, I might have realized that I actually worked with a person who is on this board. Go figure... (I don’t work with him now, but we worked in the same area. If I remember correctly, there were less than 30 of us.) But it might have been nice to come to work and say, “So how’s the story going? When are you going to post again?” (And by the way, when are you going to write another one? Yes, you know who you are. laugh )

Lara Joelle is without an internet connection except for at school. Maybe others have that problem...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm up for providing the prompts for November, if no one else wants it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just looked at this thread and was shocked by the title. I don't think that the message board is dead. It has been a bit quite, but sometimes, real lift gets in the way. But the first thing I do every morning is check the boards.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
How about a "I'm afraid to post until I whip my WIPs into shape so that I don't get bugged to whip them quicker?" laugh

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Columnist
Columnist
I know I haven't been posting a lot lately. (like I did in the beginning) I've been busy with school, busy with friends, on vacation and sort of in a another fandom. I still come here to check new posts it just isn't that often any more. blush I'll try harder to come here, I promise!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Columnist
Columnist
I read this thread last week or so and then read Wendy's first line challenge so I screwed up my courage and my face and I wrote my first fic.

My hat is off to all authors, posting is scary. God bless beta readers.

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL. Those choices were hilarious.

I chose I'm into another fandom <gasp> and that I've been probed by an alien <I'm a believer>. I find it coincidental that there were both those choices because the fandom that I've been on lately is for the X-files. Ha! laugh

I do check these boards pretty much everyday though. I've got too many friends here to just give it up all together. <hugs to my folcs>

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I came here recently because I JUST discovered Lois and Clark. I was amazed to find so many fans and stories, considering that the show has been off the air over 10 years!

Now, I don't know what it use to be like, but compared to other places it is a little SLOW around here...

Of course, I discovered L&C on a tip from the Smallville fans over at SuperHeroHype. That board is way more active... but when you count the great fiction here, I can spend more time here just reading.

Since I'm more of an artist than a writer I've let y'all inspire some visual projects. smile

But, honestly, learning that it used to be more active, I really DO hope it picks up around here... smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just recently have come back to this board. I was very active about 4 years ago and I left for college got new friends and a boyfriend and just forgot about it. It wasn't until recently that I thought to myself that I need to come back cause im not the same without my LnC addiction and obsession.

But looking back to when i first became a member it is a lot more dead then I expected. I don't write fanfic (there is a reason I am graduating with an accounting degree and its got something to do with my inability to write a sentence haha). I do read them but I also like the other threads.

I don't remember if it was the board or zoom way's board but in addition to the caption competition that they have now there were two other game type things. One where you needed to complete the quote and another where you needed to pick the episode and scene by a single clip that was posted.
I'm sure those that have been around awhile remember but those were my favorite and people always seem to check back to see if they won.

It be cool to bring those back. If anyone else is in favor I can start them (my job this summer is lifeguarding for a pool that no one comes to so i spend my days attached to my computer!

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
Merriwether
Merriwether
I would have been apart of the LnC community from day one, but I was NOT internet savvy back in the day. I don't even think I had access at home when it came on air. I find the boards go in cycles - not much happening and then BAM. Yes it is more quieter than what it used to be a couple of years ago (I think), but the quality of the posts are awesome and I find that hard to find elsewhere.

I must admit that I have not been here a lot for at least the last year because I needed to step away from the computer. I spent too much time latched to this seat. I'm trying to come back and hang out more though - so far it's once a month. I’ll build up to once a week. I often just don't know what to say; I’m normally over tired. Not knowing what to say is what I selected.

I want to access the boards at work, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post so I'm not pushing my luck. I go in spurts at lunch. I'll go everyday for two weeks and then nothing...I haven't done that though in about six months. blush

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah! This poll is directly contradicted by the long thread on Palin as VP! Oh, the irony of that!
cool
"I am not TOC"

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard