Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#238249 07/26/08 11:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I know this has nothing to do with this site but it's my favourite film and i went to see the stage show for my brithday (and thought it fantastic) have finally read the book (Also fantastic) and just finished Rhett Buttler's People (enjoyrd it though a little frustrating) Which is why i haven't been on the boards.

The first picture has raised a question. There have been a lot of remakes in the last few years. Now I would like this to be remade (if done well and faithful to the book.) Clark Gable was wonderful as Rhett as was Vivien as Scarlett But would Clooney Make a good Rhett?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
#238250 07/26/08 12:03 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well fiddle-dee-dee! This has been a nearly 15 year long obsession of mine!

I Loveitloveitloveit! The Book mostly, but even the Scarlett mini series, which was really quite awful, was nice to watch. I even bought it off ebay. Hey, anything to feed the obsession. blush

And I'd still like to see the show even though the critics haven't been kind.

Do you read the fanfics? I just posted the first chapter of my first ever proper fanfic on fanfiction.net and have 16 reviews so far! Yippee!!! But, oh, the pressure to produce more!

Would Clooney make a good Rhett? Maybe. He's a bit short and a bit old, but I think he'd do a better job than Timothy Dalton. Who else? Let me ponder that.

me goes off to ponder...

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#238251 07/26/08 12:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I went to see the stage show as I said and loved it critics should be out Darius was great I wanted to hit Scarlett because she got to kiss him it was great.

Clooney's as tall if not taller than Dean.
Also At the end Rhett is 45 Clooney is 47.
Darius is a lot younger.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
#238252 07/27/08 12:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually GC is only 5'11. DC is 6'. Rhett's supposed to be a tall man.

Of course a remake of GWTW will never happen - no-one would be mad enough to attempt it - but if they redid Scarlett, so it wasn't a load of crap that had precious little to do with the novel, GC would be the right sort of age, and would make a good choice imo. I don't think he'd pass for a 33 year old RB in GWTW.

I don't know about Dean, but I think Teri would have made a good Scarlett 15 years ago.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#238253 07/27/08 10:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Gone With The Wind would be too expensive to make in this day and age. The first shot for the movie had to be the burning of Atlanta and it had to be done in one take because they burned down part of the back lot where they were going to build sets for the movie. When you see Rhett, Scarlett et al driving the wagon through burning Atlanta they used stand-ins. At this point Scarlett hadn't even been cast.

If you have ever seen the documentary made of the making of Gone With The Wind you would understand how incredibly expensive it would be to make today. Plus it is such a classic that I just don't think a remake would be as well received. Sometimes it is best left alone.

#238254 07/29/08 01:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I agree with Kamr, as much as I love George Clooney a remake of GWTW would flop because there is no way for it to live up to the original.

No one but Clark Gable could deliever the Scarlett line "Frankly my dear... Much like Sound of Music GWTW chould stand as the classic that it is.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard