Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
North Pole Could be Ice-Free This Summer

The concern is over who will control the the fishing lines, oil and gas rights is comforting.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I regard this report as a scare tactic. It's hard for most people to actually go up there to see for themselves, but the official reports tell us that there is significantly more ice present at both the north and south poles right now than there was at this time last year.

Even the most earnest supporters of AGW have had to admit recently that, although there was an increase in the average global temperature of approximately half a degree C during the 1990s, in 1998 the temperature increase ceased, and in the last 2 years the average global temperature has actually declined enough to wipe out all the warming of the 1990s. As a matter of fact, the low mountain peaks on Prince of Wales Island, in southeast Alaska, have kept their snow caps in summer for the last two years -- something that hasn't happened since at least 1980.

If you'd like to see what the "iceless" Arctic looks like right now, this picture was taken June 28 by NOAA. http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/latest/noaa2.jpg

I get really tired of all these predictions of imminent disaster when the actual circumstances show nothing of the sort.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Blogger
Blogger
At the risk of sounding horribly politically incorrect, I think the entire concept is ridiculous. This whole man made "global warming" theory is so riddled with holes I don't see how anybody with more than two brain cells can buy into it. The earth may be warming, or cooling, depending on where you set your start point. In either case, it obviously doesn't work the way it has been presented.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, I always was told that if the polar ice caps melted we would lose the coastal cities...

So, if Santa's Workshop is going to be under water instead of ice, how come we haven't seen any signs that the ocean levels are rising???

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Features Writer
Features Writer
The folks at Minnesotans for Global Warming have posted this picture that show how much of the north pole has melted from 2007 to 2008...
[Linked Image] ...pretty much none at all, but remember, the backpedaling worshippers of mother earth have changed their dogma to "climate change", so I'm certain they'll find some way to continue to waste somebody else's money on it.

The author of the link above has issued a challenge in regards to this, promising to shave his head if the ice is gone by the end of September. I'd like to see algore offer that sort of proof of his convictions.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Kerth
Kerth
I went with the natural global warming. All I ever read is about man-made global warming, though, and it confuses me somewhat. I mean, it is obvious that climate changes are a constant in earth's life, so to speak. But calling this constant *solely* man-made - excuse me, why has it all happened before humans ever walked on two legs?

There was the little ice age that lasted for several hundred years and ended around 1850. Just a hint: I've seen many a temperature chart starting around 1860 or 1850 which would clearly show the ending of the ice age with growing temperatures. Usually, those "global warmicists" or whatever argue that the beginning of the industrial developement and the resulting release in CO2 is the cause for the rising temperature, though. Coincidence?

Of course, there are always periods of time where the temperature in a certain region rises, just to decline in later years (or maybe even previous). Never have I seen a scientist believing in man-made global warming trying to explain these effects - they cope by not showing them at all. It's all a question of choosing your data carefully, I suppose.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard