Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, in the poll, Which Characters Are Worth Writing About, I said that I was waiting to find out who got the least number of votes so that I could try to think of a story where I could include them as a character. Anyway, we now have a list - all of whom apparently got no votes in the Which Characters Are Worth Writing About poll.

So... Which of these characters do you think should not be written about?

You’ll notice that I’ve left Wolcott off the list, because he was already a major character in one of my stories - The People v. Clark Kent. So I don’t particularly want to use him again. But feel free to choose from the rest.

Now, you can choose a character because you find him boring or because you really don’t like him or because you think he will give me the most challenge or for any other reason. And feel free to comment here about why you chose the person you chose - it might give me an idea.

Now, I can’t promise you that I will be able to think of a story. It might be that he will just mentioned in passing in a story. Or he may become a central character. Or you might actually be able to stump me. But I will see what I can do.

The choices are (and thanks to James, here is a reminder of who each one is):

Dr. Elias Mendenhall
The brainwasher in Forget me not

Dr. Voyle Grumman
The Wedding Crasher's shrink in Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding

Dragon
The Secretary of State to John Doe in Lois and Clarks

Herbie Saxe
The man played by Drew Carey. He was the "ghost scarer" in Ghosts.

Mayor Frank Cerkowitz
He played by Sonny Bono in The Man of Steel Bars

Tommy Garrison
He was the boxer in Requiem for a Superhero.

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Actually, I think the name of the mayor that Sonny Bono played was Berkowitz, not Cerkowitz.

But were not talking about just throwaway charcters that no one knows or remembers. We want to find the 'character' who is a part of Lois and Clark, a definite part of the show but who really isn't worth writing about.

We all know who that is... Jimmy Olsen.

Tank (who is surprised he even had to point out the obvious)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Tank:
Actually, I think the name of the mayor that Sonny Bono played was Berkowitz, not Cerkowitz.

Tank
Yes, you are absolutely right! I must have hit the wrong key while I was typoing.
wink
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I would think both the bottom and the top choices were best--the character that people actively don't want to read about and the character that people are so indifferent about that they don't even vote 'no' for him. Personally, I could have voted six times in this poll.

Elisabeth
who is tired of all of this anti-Jimmy garbage knowing that my husband looks just like Jimmy. Heck, he even has freckles that come and go and hair that changes from red to brown on a whim!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Me thinks that the beloved needs to step away from the Twizzlers...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
You guys probably thought I'd forgot about this. But... no such luck laugh . Anyway, I got to thinking about it and... well, I got to thinking about Elizabeth's comment:

Of course, a true underachiever would be able to mention all of them.
And... well, I want to be a true underachiever blush . So anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm working on a story now that has already mentioned, at least in passing, four of the seven bottom candidates. Hopefully, I'll find a way to include the other three. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I went with Dr. Elias Mendenhall - they could have easily written him out and given his brain altering voodoo to the alreasy deplorable Dr. Deter. In fact, I would see Deter using the machine on Lois, not to make her an assassin, but to enhance his hold over her and stunt what progress she'd been making in regaining her memories (which also might have made more sense considering that another huge death machine gave her brain the jump-start it needed).

Also, it makes sense to me because any character that tries to get between Lois and Clark are already unlikable and evil. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry, Tank,

I've written about Jimmy and I think he's a character with a lot of unrealized potential. If you don't, that's fine, but I never let myself be stopped by the opinions of others -- anymore, anyway. The last time I did that was in 4th grade when a boy I already disliked told me girls don't play the trumpet. I discovered what he was full of in 7th grade, when I met my best friend for the next two years, who played the trumpet like a pro in the school band.

I don't think there's any character not worth writing about. If you can write well (and there are a lot of very talented writers in this fandom) then you can take pocket lint and make it interesting if you are willing to put the effort into it. As a matter of fact, I see several names in this very thread that I bet could do it, including its originator.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard