Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#237377 04/19/07 11:05 AM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, since CC seems to have inadvertently started an interesting side discussion over here , I thought I'd give it its own thread. Just for the heck of it.

So, FoLCs, what's your favorite color?

Personally, I'm fond of blue. Various shades. Mostly darker/richer ones. Not navy blue, but a deep blue that almost but not quite verges on purple.

However, for the purposes of this poll, I'm going to just call it "blue." Otherwise, things get too complicated.

The options presented cover the entire visible spectrum. Unless you're a bee (whose favorite color is ultraviolet), your favorite color should fit under one of them, even if you have to choose "yellow" instead of "gold." Do feel free to post a reply to elaborate.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
Bah!!

I don't have just one color I like. I have like 4 of em. But I picked red. Seems like a good choice.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Merriwether
Merriwether
Green is by far my favorite color. I like many shades of green, with the exceptions of drab, olive, puke, ochre, and shades related to those, plus lime and neon. I think my favorites are hunter, forest, and pine.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Blogger
Blogger
I wish brown would have been an option, but I suppose I'm the only weirdo out there who likes the color brown. smile Blue is another favorite of mine, so I picked that instead!

Features Writer
Features Writer
My fav color is BLUE wink

Merriwether
Merriwether
I love deep blues and purples, so I picked purple cause everyone else had blue. I like the "royal" colors.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
I voted for blue on both threads. I just like the color, in all its shades. And yes, I know, it's the most popular color, and yes, I do know that it's not a color that looks great with my coloring, but razz to that. I like blue.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bah, I'm so boring! But I love blue too. laugh Something so relaxing about it. But I like that kind of blue that the sky turns right after sunset. It's my absolute favorite. smile

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So do I love blue, or do I love blue? My mom tells me that as soon as I learnt to speak, I started asking her about the names of the colors I could see around me. At the age of two I knew them all, and there was no doubt whatsoever that blue was my favorite. And it has remained my favorite ever since. smile

But I'm not too fond of dirty-looking blue shades, or faded-looking ones, or greenish or brownish looking blues. I want blue colors that are not ashamed of themselves! laugh

Ann

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooo, yeah. Dusk/midnight blue is awesome. Actually, that was my sister's wedding color.

But... brown! I knew I was leaving something out, but couldn't imagine what. I went through the entire ROYGBIV spectrum (although I did condense "indigo" and "violet" into "purple"), added in black, white, and a few intermediate colors, checked a basic color palette from some program or other (I forget)... and still managed to let brown fall through the virtual cracks! Sorry about that. You can vote "other," if you want.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I. Love. Blue.

Deep, rich, royal blue. Kind of like the blue on the bill of the hat on your icon, Paul.

I love it so much that my wedding dress was that color. Also it's the color that brings out the best in my personal coloring - bluer eyes, pinker cheeks, blonder hair - so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love it so much that my wedding dress was that color.
That's so cool, by the way. I totally think that people shouldn't restrict themselves to white on the big day!

It depends. I love buying blue things. The family afghan on my couch is 3 shades of blue. My sheets are blue. But if I get to use color at work or school, I'm an awfully green artist. <g> I love seeing it in print.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Pink, but it has to be hot pink, not whimpy carnation pink. I also like purple, but it has to be a rich, royal purple, not whimpy lilac. I like hues of high intensity - high-value colors.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well as I said on the other thread... my favorite color is purple (as long as we aren't talking about how I decorate my house or what work clothes I wear :p )

I wish brown would have been an option, but I suppose I'm the only weirdo out there who likes the color brown.
No. Not weird at all. As far as clothing choice goes, I'm sort of like Season 1 Lois - I love browns and tans. <g>

In fact, one of the few times I've worn purple... well actually I didn't wear it, my bridesmaids did, was at my wedding. My bridesmaid's wore a deep, deep shade of purple (deep eggplant - close to black). The dresses were velvet and they carried sterling roses (a light shade of lavender roses).

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
looks likes the majority went for blue.
And so did I.
But of all of the blue's I prefer light blue wink

No. Not weird at all. As far as clothing choice goes, I'm sort of like Season 1 Lois - I love browns and tans. <g>
oh yeah, me two!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh. My favorite color is yellow. Yep, that's right. Yellow. And I don't mean a shade of amber, goldenrod or mustard, I mean your plain old regular shade of yellow (ie: #FFFF00). Very bright, very flashy, yellow.

Dunno what that says about me, because bright and flashy... is NOT me. But, OMG... yellow! *lol*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love deep blues and purples, so I picked purple cause everyone else had blue. I like the "royal" colors.
I feel the same way Woody. I chose Purple as my favorite although Royal Blue is a close second. Those colors are so rich. <content sigh>

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Kerth
Kerth
There are so many colours I really, really like. Warm shades of green, dark shades of red bordering on purple (like burgundy), greenish-blue hues (aquamarine), warm yellow-orange, gold, pure white... I could continue without ever coming to an end. To simplify things, you could say that I like mostly all rainbow colours, although my favourite usually depends on my mood and the weather. Sunshine yellow just doesn't work for me in the dead of winter.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay for purple. yeah, I kind of like lilac as it feels like looking at silk, but mostly I like strong colors, like groobie mentioned.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I picked black, my favorite color on Dean, my favorite color of horses, night time is black, black silk is yummy, black velvet and that little boy smile..... laugh

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard