Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#237207 01/28/07 11:30 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fan pages for Dean and Teri (and others), including their other projects;...
Great idea! A fine movie like Boa (New Alcatraz) deserves its own page on the wiki! lol

Greets,

~ An ~
#237208 01/28/07 11:55 AM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Great idea! A fine movie like Boa (New Alcatraz) deserves its own page on the wiki!
<snort>

I had thought that the wiki wouldn't focus too much on the actors because its really more about the show and the fandom, not to mention that there are plenty of sites already on the net dedicated to Teri and Dean, etc. To begin we probably would just have short bios for them and a link to other fansites.

Those other ideas are great, Mellie, stuff I hadn't even thought of. That's why I am so excited about this project - we can all be total fan geeks and pull out all the crazy facts we have stored in the back of our brains!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#237209 01/28/07 12:22 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
There is the obvious content like information about the show, episode descriptions, cast information, featured songs,... But also information about the fans, fanfic, music videos, folcfests,...

(snip)

So, what else can we put on it?
Character bios, timelines, a lexicon (where we can define things like Jimmy Interruptus, ORK, the ARGH), history of the fandom.

If we get really ambitious we could include a guide for vid makers listing eps where you can find clips of certain things - Clark winking, Lois singing, stuff like that. Finding all the clips I want is my main vid making hang up.

Keep the ideas coming!

#237210 01/28/07 03:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not really a music video maker myself (I have one unfinished video lol), but I think that could be very useful. And not just for videos, also for screencaps/icons/motivational posters.

Oh, and maybe not just a list of songs featured on Lois & Clark, but also other Superman related songs.

And maybe a few tutorials on how to make music videos, icons, wallpapers, write fanfic,... it doesn't have to be very detailed, maybe just basic. It could be a help to fans who haven't made anything yet, but want to give it a try.

Just had another inspiration. What about a finished guide to CK's ties? Like The Ultimate, Definitive, Guide to Clark Kent\'s Ties , but then for the entire show. Although that does seem like a lot of work. But the whole point of a wiki is to share the work. Not something I see myself doing though smile

Oh, and a guide to Lois & Clark kisses, and hugs, etc...

And we can't forget... a guide to shirtless Clark moments goofy

Greets,

~ An ~
#237211 01/28/07 09:42 PM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Count me in. I'll be available most of February.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#237212 01/29/07 12:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A lot of the information and tid-bits (like Lois Clark kisses hugs, how many spectacles for CK, how many characters knew CK=Superman) etc can be found in the on-and-off quizzes featured on this board and Zoomway's boards. (I remeber from 2004 when I used to participate.. I have no idea if they're still on or no)

Just an idea and umm I can help compile...,
wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#237213 01/29/07 05:29 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I guess I'm in, although I voted otherwise. Sounds like fun. But don't expect too much from me. I've still got two WIPs and other stuff I want to write. Like for my courses... blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#237214 01/30/07 09:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great idea! A fine movie like Boa (New Alcatraz) deserves its own page on the wiki!
Dead and Deader is also a very good choice! rotflol

I also think there are plenty of sites dedicated to Teri and Dean.

Well, I know nothing about setting up websites, so I'd be useless on the committee (and I've got too many betas and too many WIPs to really do that), but maybe I could help with a short article or two... or three...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#237215 01/30/07 11:15 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oops, that with the articles is what I meant, too. I don't know anything about that computer stuff, either. blush Sorry if I was giving the wrong impression.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#237216 02/04/07 11:31 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
If you do this, it'd be nice to have a timeline of events, especially ones that happen before the series start. Things like Lois going to Ireland at the age of 17 and leaving her father. Might be useful for the writers, right?

#237217 02/05/07 02:28 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I'd love an LnC Wiki. I've been poking around a fic idea and I'd love a central place to go to look up all the things I can't remember if they're canon or fanon.

I use the Smallville Wiki (http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) constantly.

~M

LL: I had this one [nightmare] last week. Really scary. This . . . uh . . . guy wearing a red cape.
CK: Wow, that sounds horrible, Lois.
-- Smallville, Episode #422
#237218 03/04/07 02:52 AM
Columnist
Columnist
That would be really great!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#237219 03/30/07 05:28 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sounds like fun! I wouldn't mind helping out where I could. Bwahaha! Not sure if I'd be able to financially, though. Kinda lotsly brokt.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#237220 07/02/07 10:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was looking at this thread:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001933

And realized that would have been a perfect use of a wiki board.

Did anything ever come of this project?

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#237221 07/02/07 03:48 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Did anything ever come of this project?
A few of us were talking about it via email for a while - different programs, web services, etc - but real life intervened before we got it done. I still think it's a really great idea but I've realized that I unfortunately don't have the time to head it up myself. frown

#237222 07/21/07 03:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
After seeing this wiki entry for the episode in ST:TNG Timescape I really think it would be great if we could do something similar for LNC.

I'd be happy to give some articles a go.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#237223 08/19/07 11:34 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was wondering about this a few days ago. I'd like to continue what we've started!

Anyone who wants to help, please do! We could finish the Complete, Ultimate Guide to Clark Kent's Ties! laugh

For anyone interested, I'll go ahead and post the "categories" we came up with, so you kind of have an idea of how things will look (IF we ever finish this):

- Timeline: episodes, stuff that happens before/after the series (like Lois going to Ireland), etc.
- Characters: from superman to villains, from starring roles to teeny weeny guest roles, bios, and so on
- The show itself: like the making of, premieres, cast info, featured songs, bloopers, "famous mistakes"
- FoLCdom: fans, fanfic, MVs, folcfests, history of the fandom, tutorials on how to make/upload vids/fanfic, ...
- Superman in other media: the comics, the movies, the series, differences between them, you name it wink
- Miscellaneous/Details: lexicons; every "eensy weensy, microcosmic" detail like clark's ties, lois's outfits, superman related songs, all the places in and around metropolis, list of superman rescues, and, of course, shirtless clarks! :p

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#237224 09/03/07 10:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm still interested smile

The last months, I have been very busy with school work but today was my last day of doing school work EVER. I had to present my end project and everything went fine so I can finally graduate and have more free time laugh

I'll look into it this week. At the moment I am way too tired because I got only like 2,5 hours of sleep last night.

Greets,

~ An ~
#237225 09/03/07 05:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well The World of Lois & Clark is open for additional suggestions. wave

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#237226 09/09/07 02:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AFAIK, many wikkis use Wikia , and the homepage says it's free. Shall we? I'll contribute as much as I can. smile

~•~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard