Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#236111 01/26/06 03:10 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
One simple question I like to know what most men think about if this happens to their...well just give me your comment .

#236112 01/26/06 06:21 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
When I was ten, I started in the same class as this boy and girl. She quickly became one of my two best friends, and he was nice, too. It very soon became obvious that he liked her. She didn't dislike him or anything, but her response to him was cooler than he would have wished, I'm sure. Well, the three of us went to school together for nine more years. At last, when we were nineteen, the girl, Inger, told me that she was finally getting a little interested in the boy, Peter. (He had staunchly loved her, and no one but her, all throughout his teens.) After a couple of years they moved in together, and after a few more years they got married. They have been together ever since, and they have three sons. I can't remember how long they've been married, but I certainly think of them as having been together all their adult lives. Inger will turn 51 two weeks from now, and later this year, Peter and I will, too. As for Peter, well, since you aren't likely to meet him anyway, I'll tell you that if you ask me, he was a virgin the first time he and Inger made love. Talk about being a very patient man - Clark, you've got nothing on Peter!

So I guess when he had finally managed to win her, Peter was prepared to put up with *a lot* from Inger. One of the things he had to put up with was Inger's habit of bringing an empty pillowcase with her to bed. (I'm telling you this because you aren't likely to meet Inger, either, but you would like her if you did! And Peter, too.) Anyway, Inger would scrunch up this pillowcase and suck and chew on it at night. (And I'm not absolutely sure she got a new, fresh one every night, either. In fact, I think perhaps she didn't. I know that for many years, the "used" smell of this piece of cloth was one of those things that relaxed her and helped her fall asleep!) I gather that after a few years, though, Peter had had enough, and I know for a fact that the empty pillowcases are gone now... wink

Ann

#236113 01/27/06 10:45 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Why in the world would I mind if my wife were to sleep with a stuffed animal? It seems there'd have to be some sort of insecurity to be threatened by a ball of fluff.

She doesn't actually sleep with one (more like she sleeps with the TiVo remote), but I wouldn't care one way or the other if she did.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#236114 01/27/06 03:10 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Why in the world would I mind if my wife were to sleep with a stuffed animal?
Don't know. I was hoping more men would reply. I seem to remember a few years back that it had told me that most men do mind if their wife slept with a stuff animal.

Only one wife said that her husband steals her stuff animal from her at night.

I've slept with many stuffed Cat for 36 years, now - and every ten years or so, I have to get new ones to replace the worn out old one.

I gather that after a few years, though, Peter had had enough, and I know for a fact that the empty pillowcases are gone now...
I don't think I can sleep without any source of fur on my cheeks. If I had a husband and he wants me to get rid of my stuff animal, he better have fuzzy arm airs goofy for me to sleep with.

#236115 01/28/06 06:28 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Not married but I guess if my guy had to have his arms around something when he slept then I would help him pick out a stuffed animal. I've always, even as a kid, been to hot natured to like to snuggle when I sleep. I like plenty of room when I sleep and I must admitted I snuggle with a pillow. Works for me because a pillow doesn't give off heat. So since I snuggle a pillow and don't want him snuggling me how can I complain if he wants a stuffed animal to snuggle.

#236116 02/20/06 03:49 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#236117 03/13/06 12:49 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm 28 (29 in July) and I've always slept with a stuffed animal. When I used to sleep over at my husband house, he let me use a stuffed toy he's had since he was little (he's three yrs old than I).

He doesn't mind it at all. I have over 100 stuffed animals and he bought me about 30 of them while we were going out...I think. I even have my first stuffed toy that was ever given to me.

They either give me comfort or give me physical support because I often need a little padding here or there. I love have a lot of pillows and I love my stuffed animals. I have one that I slept with for many years (Ojo from the Bear in the Big Blue House). At the moment I have Chicken Pot Pie or Pie Pot or otherwise known mostly as Pie. My husband will make sure I have it when I go to bed. I don't like seeing Pie on the ground.

I just double checked with my husband and it doesn't bug him and it never has. I know he isn't hiding anything from me. laugh He says it is part of who I am and he loves me. *BLAH*. razz If I was five I'd go "ewwww". The fist time I told him, he thought it was cute. And well, a girl that likes stuffed toys over fancy jewlery; I'm sure made his wallet happy!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#236118 09/26/06 04:17 AM
Columnist
Columnist
The person I eventually get married to better not mind. If I can't sleep with my ninja turtle then I can't marry you. goofy

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#236119 09/26/06 06:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I often wondered what I would do with my darling stuff animal when find the right man to share my bed with. Maybe the topic won't be a problem at all, because this fluffy little guy needs a complete skin transplatation. I never cheated on this stuff animal my whole life through, though it had an identical twin. So there won't be a chance for replacing it.

But I think that a man who is jealous of a teddy bear, or whatever it is, has a serious problem. And I've seen stuff animals in the beds of strong young men. So where would be the problem if I have mine.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#236120 09/26/06 02:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I sleep with a stuffed animal every once in a while - when my back hurts, it helps me sleep on my side all night long and not move. My boyfriend doesn't mind one bit, even when I sleep with my bunny whom I named CK and who's dressed in a Superman outfit. LOL! wink

And he wouldn't be caught telling anyone, but when I'm not home (ie: gone off on a trip someplace) he sleeps with one of my bears. Which I just think is really cute. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#236121 09/27/06 02:44 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
No stuffed animals in our bed, but when I was pregnant the first time, I started sleeping with one of those full-length body pillows and became insanely attached to it, continuing to use it after the baby was born and to this day.

DH, in a whimsical moment, named the pillow "Herman" for reasons neither of us can remember anymore. We now talk about Herman as if he's a member of the family. "Keep Herman on your side." "Are you bringing Herman on the trip?" "Herman fell out of bed last night." It could all sound very strange to an outside listener, I suppose, but DH doesn't seem to mind Herman's presence in our bed.

My 8 yo son has a very battered stuffed dog he's been sleeping with since he was a baby, and every now and then we joke about what his wife is going to say when she realizes she has to share a bed with 'Puppy,' but somehow I suspect Puppy isn't actually going to last that long!

Caroline

#236122 09/27/06 03:16 AM
Kerth
Kerth
<clears throat nervously>

When I was seven my grandmother made all of her grandchildren a pillow out of fabric scraps for Christmas. I don't know what possessed her to do it, maybe she was just being extremely frugal. The darn thing weighed eight pounds and it must have cost her a fortune to ship it to me in Alaska (where I lived at the time).

Over the years all my cousins have all, quite sensibly, thrown theirs away. Thirty years later I still have that pillow. It has to live inside a pillowcase that zips because the outside has long since started to disintegrate. To this day it remains an unfair advantage in a pillow fight (think about it - EIGHT POUNDS!).

It bothered my husband. Not the fact that I was so attached to it, but because it was so *old* and, as he put it, "full of nothing but mites". He's the one who insisted on getting it a new, hypoallergenic skin transplant every few months.

I'll never throw that pillow out, mostly because, well, I've had it this long. I find the sheer heft and weight of it comforting to snuggle up to now that my husband is gone. I've never named the pillow. It's just "my pillow". My son assures me that he'll bury it with me. I just want it pointed out to the pallbearers that not all the weight in the casket is mine. wink

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#236123 09/27/06 03:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My son assures me that he'll bury it with me. I just want it pointed out to the pallbearers that not all the weight in the casket is mine
Oh, Sue, that's priceless. You silly girl... laugh

I too have a pillow that my great-grandmother made for me. Actually two pillows. She made them from down feathers from the geese on her farm (I loved that old farm - ducks, a turkey, chickens, cows, a great old barn to play in... etc...)

I've had the pillows since before I can really remember. They never bothered my husband, in fact for the first 8 years we were married, he slept on one of them. But alas, he has bad allergies and the inner lining began to breakdown on the pillows and they burst open inside the case. The case is sewed shut and all, but the little feathers keep poking through the fabric and escaping. And once that inner lining disintegrated, the pillows started bothering his allergies (not to mention they kept getting "clumpy").

I still have the pillows - in storage. I keep saying that one day I'll take them somewhere and have them mended and re-stuffed.

But I'm too sentimental to get rid of them. Those pillows have been all over the U.S. with me. My family always drove everywhere on vacation (dad's too clausterphobic to fly) so my sister and I always took our pillows with us so we could sleep in the car on the way. Therefore our pillows have been all the way from the midwest to Florida and back, several times, and as far west as Denver, CO. Hee hee.

Okay, I'm done now... not that you needed to know all that... sheesh, I babble way too much...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard