Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#235947 12/08/05 09:27 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I put toilet paper on with the end coming from over the roll, but when I put up paper towels, I always make them come from under the roll. Tearing sheets off one-handed is easier when the towel can press against the rest of the roll, which only happens when the paper comes from under the roll.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#235948 12/08/05 09:31 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
That said, we actually don't put the rolls on the holders anymore; we just leave them as Chris said she does with hers. If we don't do that, the entire roll ends up as a nice fluffy kitty cat bed.
When I had a cat, if I put the roll on with the paper coming over the top, the cat would get his claws out and make a kitty cat bed, too. So I learned to put it on with the paper coming under. That way if he decided to get the roll rolling, the paper would stay on the roll.

But I read somewhere, recently, that they won't if the roll is turned under. Anyone know if that's true?
So in my experience, that's true.

Now though, with a dog, I put the paper on with the paper coming over the top again. She couldn't care less about the paper. She just likes the big water bowl. (And that said, something tells me this whole topic comes under the heading: Way Too Much Information laugh )

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#235949 12/08/05 10:16 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
For me, it's definitely over. I'll turn it if it's on wrong, at least in my house.

I've noticed differences in holders, though. While in Scandinavia, the toilet roll holder is upright, like a kitchen paper towel holder with several toilet paper rolls stacked on top of each other. It was quite a difference from the short, horizontal ones we have here in the States. I've been to Greece, Spain, and the UK, too, but I don't quite remember what the holders are like there.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#235950 12/08/05 10:32 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
While in Scandinavia, the toilet roll holder is upright, like a kitchen paper towel holder with several toilet paper rolls stacked on top of each other.
You can buy those over here, too.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235951 12/08/05 11:27 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I put it on going over when I put it on sometimes I don't bother. Guess that came from having a cat for 17 years. As for over or under with the cat with mine he didn't care. He would get that sucker going and I would have toilet paper all over the place so I had to keep it in the cabinet that was right next to the toilet. My sister had to get a can to put it in because not only would her can unroll it no matter which way it went like my cat but hers also could open drawers and cabinets and would still things and hide them behinder her entertainment center. Rolls of toilet paper, pot holders and the pieces from her needle point manager scene.

#235952 12/09/05 03:04 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yvonne, since you and I disagree about so many things, I find it very funny that I agree with you about this!! laugh

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#235953 12/09/05 04:08 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
smile

I voted over the top.

It is visually more appealing.

I've had bad experiences with it the other way. If it is under, I find it is very difficult to get the paper out. This also depends on the ake of the toilet roll holder, expecially if it is sunk into the wall.

I once grabbed for a bit when it was 'under' and I banged my nails against the metal holder. My nail got so mangeled. There was blood. Well luckily by then I had torn off the roll had plenty of TP for my cause.

I also don't like it under b/c sometimes the tail ends up laying against the wall and that seems gross to me. I like my TP to touch nothing. goofy

With that being said, the following goes against it. I'm lucky if the new TP roll makes it on to the roll. I've had too many roll away from me...I guess when that happens it is rolling from the under way.

That whole 'under' TP movement is out to get me.

So out of personal saftey I go for roll over.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#235954 12/09/05 07:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So I'm in the minority. I don't care. goofy

This entire thread, and the fact that so many of us actually care about something like the hanging of toilet paper... goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#235955 12/09/05 08:03 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Definitely has to be over! wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#235956 12/10/05 06:03 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Don't have a holder (my TP sits on the back of the toilet), but I prefer over. If it's done under it seems more likely to tear incorrectly - though that may just be with the big, industrial, cheapo TP.

#235957 12/10/05 11:39 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Okay, the title caught me eye too.

TP? There's a poll on Toilet paper??

I don't really care either way, but I did go and check... switched the roll around a few times... Under the roll looks better, but it's just... wrong. Over the roll is just right.

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#235958 12/10/05 12:26 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Good answer, Davey. wink

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#235959 12/10/05 01:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Am I the only one for which the abbreviation 'TP' meant nothing at all until I read the poll?

Yvonne

#235960 12/10/05 02:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Am I the only one for which the abbreviation 'TP' meant nothing at all until I read the poll?
Nope. I think TP is mostly an Americanism. I have heard it bandied around from Americans - usually in connection with TPing trees and houses on Halloween. But I didn't make that connection until I came into the thread and the header meant nothing to me until then.

This entire thread, and the fact that so many of us actually care about something like the hanging of toilet paper... [Rotflol]
Yeah...having read this thread I'm wondering if I should just have bought the kids in the family a six pack of loo roll and a holder for Christmas. goofy Think of all the hours of fun they could have. Especially if there's more than one kid in the house and they have different views on the right way up. laugh The fun would never end!

I think the marketing bods have missed a trick here. They could be promoting this as the latest entertainment fad. evil

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235961 12/12/05 01:32 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I can't answer the poll. Frankly, as long as the roll is on the holder, and I can find the end, I don't care
I answered under, but to be honest I don't pay particular attention I figure that if there is paper on the roll and like Karen I can find the end, it doesn't matter I mean at the end of the day it's heading straight for the sewrage plant right?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard