Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#235927 12/08/05 06:04 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
How do you put the Toilet Paper on the roller?

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#235928 12/08/05 06:07 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
My personal preferance is having the sheets come from OVER the roll. Elisabeth's is from UNDER the roll.

If this just a male thing? An American male thing? or just a regional thing?

To me it makes more sense to have it come from OVER the top. It's easier to find the end sheet, it's easier to count out just what you need, and it seems easier to tear it off that way.

James

#235929 12/08/05 06:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm with you, James (sorry, Elisabeth!). It just seems to make more sense that way. My hubby agrees, and he grew up in Ontario, so it can't be entirely an American thing...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#235930 12/08/05 06:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I prefer under... think it just looks tidier that way... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#235931 12/08/05 06:47 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm kind of a freak when it comes to this. In my view, toilet paper must come over the roll. In fact, when I go to my mom's house (where she throws it on any old way), I will actually turn the roll around if it's on "wrong." Oddly enough, though, we had a maid service come in before Thanksgiving to do a major house cleaning. And after they left, I noticed that they turned every roll of TP in all of the bathrooms to roll under. confused Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#235932 12/08/05 08:18 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You know, I'm not going to vote, so I guess I'll never know what the answer is.

I probably would go for 'over the roll' if I ever gave the matter much thought. (In some hotels I've seen the ends very neatly folded under the paper to produce a nice, pointed downward arrow. Very neat.)

In practice, I just put the paper out, and it comes whichever way it comes. Kind of like flipping a coin, really.

Actually, now I think about it, while this house has toilet roll holders, my last place didn't, so I just put the rolls on their end within easy reach.

Chris

P.S. Edited to say that the poll caught my attention because of the TP in the title. 'Town planning'? I thought. Surely not!

Of course, it wasn't. But, hey, you got me here, so I thought I might as well answer.

#235933 12/08/05 08:45 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Krissie:
Actually, now I think about it, while this house has toilet roll holders, my last place didn't, so I just put the rolls on their end within easy reach.

Chris

Whoops, I didn't even occur to me that people would care?!?!? shock shock

Seems I need to get out more...

James

#235934 12/08/05 10:43 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
LOL! I'm with Susan all the way. Must go OVER, and I'll switch it if it's not. goofy It's a pet peeve of mine, a silly one, yes. blush

That said, we actually don't put the rolls on the holders anymore; we just leave them as Chris said she does with hers. If we don't do that, the entire roll ends up as a nice fluffy kitty cat bed. :rolleyes:

Sara

EDIT: And a suggestion for you, James and Elisabeth: If one or the other bothers you, why not install the holder vertically? smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#235935 12/08/05 10:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm with Sara and the others. Must go over the roll because, quite simply, it looks tidier that way (hello, Wendy laugh ). And yes, I'll turn around offending rolls in my bathroom if someone else puts them on the wrong way - it's just one of those silly, petty things that bugs me.

Yvonne

#235936 12/08/05 11:00 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
The timing of this poll is funny.

I don't usually change the roll in my house, my mother does. But the other day I was at the toilet and noticed we were out of toilet paper, so I took a roll and slipped it the way I had grabbed it, thinking it wouldn't make much difference whichever way.
It ended up with the sheets coming from UNDER the roll... which, for some reason, just looked totally wrong. I took it off and put it with the sheets coming from OVER the roll. That felt right laugh

I'd never noticed it before. I don't know if we make a habit of putting it this way in our house, or it just struck me somehow. But it's over the roll for me.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#235937 12/08/05 11:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And yes, I'll turn around offending rolls in my bathroom if someone else puts them on the wrong way - it's just one of those silly, petty things that bugs me.
Ditto. It's amazing that rolls in my house don't end up being switched back and forth several times daily when you stay with us! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#235938 12/08/05 11:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
or that there wouldn't be a roller.
Um...don't have a holder. <g> Used to have one, years ago, but frankly it irritated me. Now, we have a shelf next to the loo and I just put three out in a nice little pyramid on that.

When we did have a holder - can't say I gave it any thought either way. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235939 12/08/05 11:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Under, under, under. Absolutely under.

And when people are staying at my house and happen to be changing the roll, if they put it the wrong way around it looks wrong to me. I won't go as far as changing it back, but it looks wrong anyway. laugh

/me wonders if Sara switched it when she stayed here for a couple of days...

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#235940 12/08/05 11:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitely OVER the roll. I put a new roll on yesterday and had a freak attack when I put it on wrong. goofy Although I have to admit I get pretty lazy sometimes and don't stick the TP on the roller when it's time for a new roll. However, that really doesn't fly with my best friend who happens to share a bathroom with me on our side of the apartment, and she's also an over the roll kinda girl.

JD
:p

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#235941 12/08/05 12:06 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
/me wonders if Sara switched it when she stayed here for a couple of days...
goofy

I tend to leave it if I'm in someone else's house because I know, as sad as it is *sigh*, there are people that don't agree with me. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#235942 12/08/05 12:37 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I can't answer the poll. Frankly, as long as the roll is on the holder, and I can find the end, I don't care. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#235943 12/08/05 01:49 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I'm with you Karen. I've never noticed which I tend to do more.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#235944 12/08/05 02:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My bathroom, Wendy. I wouldn't dream of interfering with someone else's loo rolls. goofy

Yvonne

#235945 12/08/05 02:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wouldn't dream of interfering with someone else's loo rolls.
Think you can get arrested for that in certain parts of the country.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235946 12/08/05 07:37 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
That said, we actually don't put the rolls on the holders anymore; we just leave them as Chris said she does with hers. If we don't do that, the entire roll ends up as a nice fluffy kitty cat bed.
My cats do that only on very rare occasions (although, if you throw a piece of tissue in the trash they'll certainly dig it out and try to eat it... huh We need a grossed-out smiley <g>). But I read somewhere, recently, that they won't if the roll is turned under. Anyone know if that's true?

That said, I prefer over so it probably would come down to a battle of wills between me and the cat wink But I don't care so much that it would bother me at someone else's house, etc.

Kaylle

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard