Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Do you like reading fic based on Jimmy or Perry? Martha or Jonathan? How about Cat or Lucy or Sam or Ellen?

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I think, for me, it really depends on who's writing it and what type of story it is. Also, I'm really receptive to recommendations from friends who have the same tastes I do.

I probably wouldn't have read Irene Dutch's In Cat\'s Corner without a recommendation, which is a shame because it's a wonderful story! (Kae and Wendy's trailer helped to influence me too. goofy )

I'm not much for Sam Lane, but Laura/AliciaU's vignette, Twenty Years , is very poignant. laugh

And Chris Carr's A Match Made In Chicago about Dan and Lucy is on my "to read" list because it's a Kerth nominee and friends have reccomended it highly. smile (Though I will say it's not one of the higher up on my list simply because it's not L&C focused. blush )

Welcome to the boards Tzigone!! party

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I liked "In Cat's Corner" too, and I really like "A Match Made in Chicago" - I wrote feedback (don't know if the e-mail address is still active, though) after the second time I read it - I so much wish there was a sequel. I really feel like Lucy gets panned sometimes. We got very little of her character, I know, so she can basically be whatever the author wants, but sometimes I think it's taken overboard.

Then again, I think the same thing about Cat. I just have a soft-spot for the "barely-there" characters from all fandoms and like to think the best of them.

One day I went though the archive just looking for fics on Lucy, Cat or Jimmy. Didn't find much, though I did find a few gems. I like fics where these characters are treated as people, rather than as comic relief, even though that is the function they often filled on the show.

I like fics that take their feelings into consideration. Plus I love the dynamic between Lois and Cat. For all that Cat is catty and rude to Cat, Lois is the same way to her. I swear they enjoy it.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow. Thank you Sara and Tzigone for saying such lovely things about A Match Made In Chicago. You've made my day!

Tzigone, the email address on the story is correct, but I don't recall receiving any feedback from you. Then again, I did have a long period when my computer was dead to the world recently, so... Who knows?

I do have a partly written sequel. It's one of the depressingly large number of WIPs that are lurking in the deepest, darkest, dankest, most cobweb-ridden corner of my hard drive. In other words, I can make no promises as to when -- if ever -- it will see the light of day.

Oh, and just so you know, my answer was that it depends.

Chris

P.S. I'd like to second the recommendation for Twenty Years. I thought that was a wonderfully poignant story. I've only ever heard good things about Cat's Corner, but have yet to read it.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I selected the first option, but on second thought .... Thinking back over the vignettes I've especially enjoyed, I realise quite a few of them focus on secondary characters. smile In fact two more have been added to the mbs overnight. laugh

Wish these polls had a switch vote option for afterthoughts laugh

c

Kerth
Kerth
I generally like stories that focus on Lois and Clark. However, I find that so many of them cover the same territory or are inspired by the same episodes. By writing my latest story based on minor, supporting characters, it allowed me to create something unique, look at L&C from a different point of view, and give depth to characters that I felt the show had kind of thrown away. Of course, I also resigned myself to believing that many people wouldn't read it or wouldn't like it because so many people didn't like the Smart Kids episode. And that's okay too - not every story will appeal to every reader. smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Krissie, did you ever get my feedback on "A Match Made in Chicago"? I thought I might re-send if you didn't, though maybe not till after the holidays.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tzigone, no, I didn't... and I've checked through my inbox to double-check. smile

Chris

T
Tzigone Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Okay, I just sent you feedback again today. Sorry it took me so long - no excuse but laziness, I'm afriad.

After I sent it, I realized I'd typed about 3.5 pages of feedback. (what, me go overboard - never).

If you don't get it this time, let me know. I've saved it and will post it on the feedback thread here.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"A Match Made in Chicago"
[Linked Image]

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Go to the Archive, Kitty, at www.lcfanfic.com. Then go to either "By Author" (which in this case is Chris Carr) or "By Title" (which you know already). There it is!

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard